Nap or No Nap??

nycruise

NOWAY am I napping while on a cruise, only get to be on the ocean once, not to mention I might miss something going on inside the ship, I barely even have tv on to watch. I would much rather be out in the action. Besides I can nap on the long 8 hour drive back home.

LOL! They have tv's:confused:

I took a nap everyday that we cruised! I loved the gentle sway of the boat and could stay up several hours later than normal! The only prob that I had was that we had an inside cabin and with no windows, I had no point of reference and it was hard to wake up. That is a very minor problem and easily solved with an alarm clock! Happy sailing!

20 minute power-nap outside on the lounge in the sun.

it's all I need :)

Same here . . . 20-30 minutes is all I need on a lounge chair on some remote deck. Sometimes deck 3, the deck off the Atrium, is ideal. Its close to the sea, can hear the bow plunging through the swells . . . its perfect ! ! awaken fully charged ! ! :)

Naps are part of Vacation.

I usually have a busy schedule and, a nap is something you don't get to do on a daily basis.

(is's called work)

So when I cruise I make sure it is part of my day. We do late dinner, so we make sure we come back to the room to rest-up for a fun filled evening.

No naps for us!

DH and I are usually up by 6-6:30 am (sometimes earlier) and don't quit til 1 or 2 am when we cruise.

I can sleep anytime at home, but I only get to be on a cruise for 7-8 days out of 365. No way am I going to spend that precious time sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours a night.

I'll sleep at work after the vacation! LOL

Always, every day on a cruise - about 30 minutes before getting ready for dinner. Mine's on the balcony, DH's on the bed. Wake up refreshed & ready to go. One of the big advantages to being on vacation!:D

I have had some of my best naps on Carnival! Unlike some other vacations, I use cruises to totally relax physically and mentally from a stressful life, this includes naps, Miami Vice Drinks, and reading in the sun for hours! I have travelled with various friends and we have the attitude of it's your vacation do what you want and we'll meet up later! Therefore no one minds if people nap!

I usually like taking an afternoon nap a few times during the cruise, at least for an hour or so. Then I can stay up later. DH doesn't take a nap often, so he just goes and finds a quiet spot somewhere on the ship to read, or he'll go find a snack, etc.

I'm a napper......it's a pure pleasure.

Like many, when I was working, raising a family keeping a home and involved in a busy life, I used to long for the time to pile down somewhere for a nap..... Even on the weekends it was near to impossible.

Then, they grew up...and I became single....and career oriented. I could usually grab a nap on the weekend sometime...but not always.

Since retirement.....I nap almost everyday...sometime between 2 and 4..for a couple hours. What joy!!!!

I am, by nature, a night owl and always have been.... This led me to spend the bulk of my adulthood sleep deprived..... Now, I'm still a night owl, but that nap put an end to my deprivation.

I say "nap away".

On a cruise, I almost have to nap...for, you see, I love the nightlife - and love the sunrise...when I take a walk. So, an afternoon nap is almost a must.;

We absolutely love to nap!

The first few cruises we were on, we had no clue what the ship's nightlife was about since we were sleeping by 9:00 p.m.! :( (We're early birds and we're usually up between 5:00 - 6:00 a.m.)

So we started taking short afternoon naps and it opened up a whole new world for us. :)

Archived