My airline is not listed in Cruise Personalizer

Laughing Gull

Due to a change in airline schedules we had to cancel our flight with one airline and switch to another airline with an earlier flight. I would like to enter this new airline info into our cruise personalizer so we can disembark in time but the new airline is not listed on the pulldown menu. (It's a new small regional airline) There is a option to select VOID. Should I do that and then enter the new departure time? Thanks for your help!

Cruise Personalizer will allow me to input our first flight from the ship, but when I try to enter our flight to the ship (probably because there's no year on the drop-down menu, just day and month), it enters Feb. 2009 instead of 2010--and then 24 hours later I get an error message. Has anybody else had this problem?:confused: As somebody said, Princess probably isn't concerned if we didn't book their air. Maybe if I wait until January to try again, it'll have to default to 2010 instead of 2009.

Cruise Personalizer will allow me to input our first flight from the ship, but when I try to enter our flight to the ship (probably because there's no year on the drop-down menu, just day and month), it enters Feb. 2009 instead of 2010--and then 24 hours later I get an error message. Has anybody else had this problem?:confused: As somebody said, Princess probably isn't concerned if we didn't book their air. Maybe if I wait until January to try again, it'll have to default to 2010 instead of 2009.

Since you are not sailing until 2010, just wait until next year to put in your flights.

Thank you Everyone :) I will wait till we're on board to correct the flight info.
Even if you have Princess air (which you don't), everyone receives a form that they fill out with their flight information and return to the Pursar's Desk. You don't have to do it in the Cruise Personalizer or worry about it. Once they get the forms, they distribute tags based on your deck and flight time. This is one detail you can let go until you're on the ship. :) Heck, they'll probably ignore what you put in the Personalizer anyway.

I disagree about Princess not needing private flight arrangements.

It has helped us everytime we have sailed to get the proper disembarkation bag tags without having to show up at the desk.

It also may help with any enroute delays that you may have traveling on the day of embarkation.

If the airline is not listed then call Princess directly and have them add you info.

Isn't it possible for an individual to add their oown "non princess" flight info to their personalizer.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

In theory, yes. It worked for my "from the ship" flights but not for my "to the ship" flights. I'll try again in 2010. :) I had the same problem as the OP because the first leg of our flight home is on LAN, which is not listed. I called Princess, and they found the correct code.

Princess tells me my flight numbers are invalid on AA and Cathay Pacific next April. They are valid. I guess I will ignore at this point and bring up with my travel agent in the spring.

My personalizer says the same thing about our upcoming flights in February and also did on our last cruise. You know the information to be correct, so I would just ignore the warning.

Mike:)

The same thing happened to us for a Jan 2010 cruise. For the flights to the ship Princess says the flight numbers are invalid but accepts the flights going back home. Since we are going to the ship in San Juan a day early and using cab transportation our TA says Pincess dosen't need to know how/when we are getting there, only the flight info going back since we are using their transportation to the airport.

I've had this problem twice with their site . I have sent an Email directly to there web site people and still nothing.:eek:

Can anybody advise what the "Record Locator" is or means in the drop down menu for entering your own flight information? I don't know what to put in there. I booked the flight myself, not through Princess. Thanks.

Jim

Can anybody advise what the "Record Locator" is or means in the drop down menu for entering your own flight information? I don't know what to put in there. I booked the flight myself, not through Princess. Thanks.

When you booked the flight, the airline gave you a six-character confirmation code. This is the record locator that you need to enter.

I arraange all of my flights myself and have never, ever listed them in the personalizer. They always send a informational sheet to your cabin about 1/2 way through asking for that very thing.

Marilyn

I arraange all of my flights myself and have never, ever listed them in the personalizer. They always send a informational sheet to your cabin about 1/2 way through asking for that very thing.

Marilyn

Marilyn

I found that they don't bother you at all during the cruise when you fill in the info. ;)

a) The reason they want your self-arranged flights in the personalizer is so they can notify you (via the personalizer) if the arrival and departure times do not meet their guidelines for making the ship at the start of the cruise and reaching the airport at the end of the cruise.

b) Always receive the request on board anyaway about departure flights anywat. Even if you entered the information in the personalizer, there is always the possibility that either you or the airline changed your travel arrangements

Archived