yellow mustard

Thought I saw the yellow "French's" (?) type in the little plastic packets you can't open on the 1st-2nd-3rd- time.

They had 209 different kinds of condiments on the ship but never saw yellow mustard. My wife and I both walked all around the Windjammer.

Maybe they were just out.:confused:

Well I didn't starve. I ask just out of curiosity.:)

Bill

I detest yellow mustard. It's adolescent food at my house. Serving Plochman's to guests would be like serving them Froot Loops and Mac n Cheese.

Even a jar of Dijon is really not much better than a gray looking jar of French's Mustard with a tablespoon of actual mustard grain, and some cheap wine.

The best mustard is a coarse grain mustard seed in cream and vinegar.

I detest yellow mustard. It's adolescent food at my house. Serving Plochman's to guests would be like serving them Froot Loops and Mac n Cheese.

Even a jar of Dijon is really not much better than a gray looking jar of French's Mustard with a tablespoon of actual mustard grain, and some cheap wine.

Come on Mark. Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.:p

Bill

I do not recall ever having a problem finding it -- and I think I would have noticed if they didn't have it. Burgers and dogs must have mustard and it must be bright yellow. I remember thinking the windjammer burgers reminded me of my grade school cafeteria (that's not good by the way). But I don't recall the added insult of no condiments. Other mustards may be fine for bratwurst, deli sandwiches or eggrolls, but not for dogs and burgers.

[mayonnaise should be illegal]

DH will only eat yellow mustard and, being a Texan, wants it on his hamburgers among other things.

One trans-Atlantic (VOS) they didn't have any but he found that the crew member making deli sandwiches had some and got some on his rolls from him.

Next trans-Atlantic, I bring some packets compliments of my local snack bar. Yellow mustard available in the Promenade Cafe.

Next trans-Atlantic (NOS) don't bring any, none on the ship.

Last trans-Atlantic (VOS), back to the snack bar for a stash to bring. First day or two, couldn't find any but then bunches at the Promenade Cafe and a few under the Dijon in the Windjammer.

So, to be sure, bring some packets from home. Depends on the ship and the mood of the food inventory crew member.

Tucker in Texas

[mayonnaise should be illegal]

Oh, that's blasphemy. Give me a nice juicy burger with fried onions and mayo. :D:D:D

Oh, and I detest yellow mustard, but I like dijon.

I dont recall seeing yellow mustard on the ships but I don't look for it either.

And how is this helpful?

To the OP --- there are always packets of French's Mustard in the Windjammer --- plain old yellow mustard.

I love yellow mustard and will eat yellow mustard sandwiches. Apparently I am some sort of a hick and of low repute. :rolleyes:

Oh, that's blasphemy. Give me a nice juicy burger with fried onions and mayo. :D:D:D

Oh, and I detest yellow mustard, but I like dijon.

I dont recall seeing yellow mustard on the ships but I don't look for it either.

Ok in New York/New Jersey ketchup goes on burgers (except in BK and Mickey D's where ketchup and yellow mustard go on except for BK Whoppers and Big Mac's where they throw on mayo too ( that ought to kill the taste of everything)).

However the true mustard avicionados only use 2 brands:

on their hot dogs: Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard, a lovely golden shade

for brats, pastrami, corned beef etc: Kosczyosko's (sp), great grainy and

wholesome flavor.

Yellow Mustard (French's brand) is ok if you don't have the above.

English Mustard is wasted on dogs.

However it is not my intention to eat hot dogs and burgers on my upcoming cruise unless they run out of everything else.

jeez, i like all those mustards:rolleyes:

in johnny rockets on mariner, i asked for mustard , and they brought me out a plate with some stupid stripes of mustard and a spoon to attempt to transfer it to my chili dog...ridiculous:(;) gimme a squeeze bottle

cover your butt, bring your own:D

dave

lol so im not mad we always take our own colmans ENGLISH MUSTARD (you can buy it in a small tube so it fits in your pocket) on every cruise we have been on the american yellow mustard as you call it has just not got a strong enough taste and you cant have a steak without mustard:)

Archived