Scary Cirque Clown photo!

Petoonya

OK- have always had a thing about clowns.

Would not go to the circus as a kid after a clown chased me during a 4th of July parade when I was about four.

Still get a little shiver when I see them. (Clown-phobia?) I do like Crusty tho.

Had a nitemare last evening, with the face of that clown that is on the opening page of Cruise Critic-again it was chasing me...trying to kill me. I won't be on a Celebrity ship again for another 12 months but will stay FAR away from Cirque de Soleil. That clown face is awful! :(

...but will stay FAR away from Cirque de Soleil. That clown face is awful! :(

Hear! Hear! It is an awful clown face!:mad:

That sounds like a terrible experience for you as a child. Phobia's are pure "H" "E" "double hockeysticks".

Aside from the 'fear factor' of Cirque faces, I'm still disappointed at losing the most comfortable, best-view lounge on the "M" class ships. I REALLY, REALLY hope Celebrity halts the remaining conversions of their best lounges. (Are you listening Celebrity?) I've read lots of negative feedback regarding the "Cirque Murk", but have found very few positive comments -- aside from the Celebrity press releases.:rolleyes:

I hope your nightmare doesn't recur, Petoonya. Think happy thoughts.:)

Jumbie~ best wishes to you. Your presence will be missed!!

Angel~ thanks for concurring about that scary face! Also had to tell you that we completed the Infinity 15 day Hawaii on December 20 and it was fabulous. So much so that we booked it again for Jan 06 (on Summit tho out of LA). Hawaii is always wonderful, but the experience onboard Infinity was about as close to perfection as X can get. The time will pass quickly for you now!

Best wishes to you!!!

..Angel~ thanks for concurring about that scary face! Also had to tell you that we completed the Infinity 15 day Hawaii on December 20 and it was fabulous. So much so that we booked it again for Jan 06 (on Summit tho out of LA). Hawaii is always wonderful, but the experience onboard Infinity was about as close to perfection as X can get. The time will pass quickly for you now! Best wishes to you!!!

Thanks for the feedback, Petoonya. I'm really looking forward to it, although DH doesn't know about it yet - it's a surprise for his 60th birthday. :D

Best wishes and pleasant dreams!:)

Would not go to the circus as a kid after a clown chased me during a 4th of July parade when I was about four.

Still get a little shiver when I see them. (Clown-phobia?) I do like Crusty tho.

Had a nitemare last evening, with the face of that clown that is on the opening page of Cruise Critic-again it was chasing me...trying to kill me. I won't be on a Celebrity ship again for another 12 months but will stay FAR away from Cirque de Soleil. That clown face is awful! :(

I hope you didn't read or see the T.V. movie by Stephen King, titled "IT" :D You are right about that picture, "it" (pun intended) gives me goosebumps and I never had a problem with clowns. Of course my kind of clown is the "Emmett Kelly" for those of you that are old enough to remember. :D He was the sad looking clown that was famous for always trying to sweep the spotlight off of the floor.

Please don't get me wrong, and I'm not suggesting that there is, but I've always gotten this kind of occult feeling from Cirque, particularly their makeup and characters. I enjoy their performance from a staging and athletic standpoint but could do without some of the weirdness. It's probably very avant-guarde and European and I'm just missing the point. :o

Please don't get me wrong, and I'm not suggesting that there is, but I've always gotten this kind of occult feeling from Cirque, particularly their makeup and characters. I enjoy their performance from a staging and athletic standpoint but could do without some of the weirdness. It's probably very avant-guarde and European and I'm just missing the point. :o

I agree 100%.I don't believe you are missing the point because I don't think there is one. Weirdness reigns supreme in the Bar at the Edge.Without a show, the characters are simply Euro-bizzare.There is very little fun to be had.

Just give me some good music in a comfortable setting with the old view.Celebrity is to be praised for trying something "different" ...it's not working ,time to fix it and move on.

The picture is downright ghastly & in reading the article, the description of wrapping the room in "shmatas " (ask me if you don;t know this word) is a real turnoff. If this starts at 9:28 every night when & where do we go for some nice dancing to the party band??? Dinner for us is at 6, so I wonder what we'll be doing everynight--maybe we should being our CD player along & set up in the Cova area???? Can only hope it is long abandond by our 06 cruise on Summit....

I thought I was the only one! I think all of the Cirque creatures are scary and icky! Sometimes when I go to events in New York City - they also use similar characters as entertaiment. Sometimes they even touch you. It's really annoying! I'm okay with Regular clowns though....

I forget the character's name but he is in many of their productions as before the show comics or a dancer in a number. With his skinny green legs & huge shoes, he is not scarey but a joke in person.

Hate to see "Shining" with you...........

Come clean Steve. You KNOW Johnny Depp is a a regular dude. And a hottie to most women. He has been in several of my dreams and he is a great kisser.

Macop...I never see scary movies. Saw 'The Omen' years ago and it messed me up for life.

RandyK- agree with you- I think I am not culturally refined as to appreciate Cirque. It is avant-garde and not grasped by people like us maybe. Can't blame X for trying something new tho.

I just wish CC would get rid of that awful orange and red face on the home page....BLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAQQQQQHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Archived