Does anyone at HAL read these posts?

Liz 130

Mamaofami, I agree with you. How wonderful it would be to have the Noordam back in NYC. To have a HAL ship in either Boston or NYC would certainly make us in the northeast much happier campers.

The Veendam's cruise back and forth to Bermuda is not an option for us since the changes made to that beautiful ship in dry dock.

Sheila, I really do believe that more and more people are reluctant to fly and if that's the case, they would welcome any ship on the east coast. If necessary, they will jump ship for one of the options available out of NY, NJ, or wherever.

I agree with you. We are waiting for your non HAL cruise review. Am really looking forward to our Noordam cruise, but it might be our last if the hassle of flying gets any worse. We might consider driving to Florida, but the thought of that two day drive home after a relaxing cruise puts that option out of the question.

I agree with you. We are waiting for your non HAL cruise review. Am really looking forward to our Noordam cruise, but it might be our last if the hassle of flying gets any worse. We might consider driving to Florida, but the thought of that two day drive home after a relaxing cruise puts that option out of the question.

Two days? I couldn't sit still in the car long enough to make that trip in two days.

Two days? I couldn't sit still in the car long enough to make that trip in two days.

I know- it's torture. we take turns driving so don't stop too often. Driving to South Carolina next week. That is 11 hours in the car. Hate it, but can't get flights on the days we need. Really hope you enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
I'm really amazed at some people. One person asks if the cruiselines read these postings, and all of a sudden one remembers something that happened 5 yrs. ago. I guess prior to the posting everything was fine.

No , probably they were so p'od. at the time , but had forgotten it until reminded here.

I can tell you that noone remembers you for the good you do , but they sure remember the bad !

Reminds me of a bad experience with my bill one time .........................

I remember the Viking Serenade from when it was the Stardancer.

I loved that ship.

I also remember the Stardancer when it sunk and was renamed the Viking Serenade by RCCL when they bought the company and raised the ship.

What does this have to do with the OP's question. Unless the complaint by Rev was about that ship.:confused::confused:

Answer please:confused:

YES, they do read these boards!! I specifically asked and everyone knew what and who we all are. As soon as I made any mention of Cruise Critic I was asked questions about some of our members. Uh, Suse and PipeDreams you both were mentioned as being funny. Pipedreams they stated that some of your pictures can be hilarious at times and at others rude, but they like us, are just voicing their opinions. They read our posts and even respond at times. We may not realize that they do listen to us, but they do not just at the top of the HAL food chain but even the crew members on board the ships.

Joanie

Hey Joanie IRL, (I thought it was short for Ireland, haha, fooled me). Welcome back!

I'll only answer the phone if it's the Captain calling. They are usually way cute.

Oh, and Pipedreams is always a really fun guy, never ever rude, just a how do you call it long drink of water.

I really need to book a cruise.

Warmest wishes,

Susie:)

Hey Joanie IRL, (I thought it was short for Ireland, haha, fooled me). Welcome back!

I'll only answer the phone if it's the Captain calling. They are usually way cute.

Oh, and Pipedreams is always a really fun guy, never ever rude, just a how do you call it long drink of water.

I really need to book a cruise.

Warmest wishes,

Susie:)

Suse, it is IRL Joanie. IRL = Indy Racing League (hubby and I used to be Pit Road Photogrphers for the Indy 500 Series) and Joanie is my Nickname given to me in March 1989 when I joined my first Volunteer Fire Department in New Jersey. My last name is Jett and my fellow firefighters loved Joan Jett, the singer, they also knew I detested her so constantly teased me with the name, after a few months I gave in and have been Joanie since then. When it came time for an Internet name IRL_Joanie was the perfect fir for me. So, no Ireland involved:D

Joanie

Suse, it is IRL Joanie. IRL = Indy Racing League (hubby and I used to be Pit Road Photogrphers for the Indy 500 Series) and Joanie is my Nickname given to me in March 1989 when I joined my first Volunteer Fire Department in New Jersey. My last name is Jett and my fellow firefighters loved Joan Jett, the singer, they also knew I detested her so constantly teased me with the name, after a few months I gave in and have been Joanie since then. When it came time for an Internet name IRL_Joanie was the perfect fir for me. So, no Ireland involved:D

Joanie

excellent information! I'm not too sure about punk rock, is that what Joan Jett did? Well, it doesn't matter since you don't care for her, to put it lightly.

Happy St. Patrick's day anyway! It's coming soon. Our way. Mama always told me to wear green on that day and best not put on the orange. I expect I'll be following her advice.:)

Welcome home from your Irish Following! We look forward to all your postings. Millions of them. No one has your energy. It's a gift.

I am personally acquainted with a HAL captain (please don't ask) and he has mentioned this board to me. I am quite confident that he reads to learn how he may improve our cruising experience, as we would expect.

Oh good, tell him we said hi and I bet he is way cute. Not that it matters.:) Ha.

I am personally acquainted with a HAL captain (please don't ask) and he has mentioned this board to me. I am quite confident that he reads to learn how he may improve our cruising experience, as we would expect.

Here's hoping he's skipping the "Robe" thread so his head doesn't keep shaking uncontrolably:cool:

The majority of shipboard management read Cruisecritic.

Most of the time it is for comic relief.

We are not nearly clever enough to make up some of the crazy things we read here. As time passes and more people subscribe to CC, the number of whacky posts is growing exponentially.

Then there is the small percentage of posters here who actually provide thoughtful and valuable feedback that helps us to improve what we do onboard.

And there is that very small group of posters on CC who actually sometimes seem to know more about our ships than we do. We don't understand how you manage to do that -especially when you are doing it on your own time.

But we surely appreciate it.

I asked Capt. Baaijens about two years ago how much longer he will be with the Oosterdam.

He said he would have to check with CC so he would know.

He said they seem to know more about the Captains schedules than he does. ;)

He should just e mail Copper 10-8 :cool: right John

You bet ya! Seattle knew, and apparently was very concerned, that the Rev wasn't a happy camper:eek: on one of his cruises after reading about it on this good ol' forum

John.....I am a little disturbed by your new avatar.... wont be able to look at the town K9 officer the same way.....not good since he's my neighbor :D

Earlier in this post it was stated that percentage-wise there are few of

us aboard when sailing on the larger ships.

While that is certainly true as evidenced by M&G numbers, it behooves

HAL to pay attention to this board as future cruisers would not sail

w/HAL when viewing multiple complaints.

Ergo, while we may be small in number the "reach" of this board is

quite large and can easily damage their rep. and their brand.

Archived