Carnival's Steakhouse - Worth the price?

John&John

I am going on the Miracle next week... what would you say is the best cut they cook fillet or Ribeye?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

It comes down to which cut you prefer. While I enjoy a fork-tender filet, my favorite would be the ribeye. I would never order it rare in the steakhouse though, as they tend to undercook their steaks. I order the ribeye m-rare... it's the filet that I'll order rare!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...
We have only been on two cruises that had the steakhouse ...the first was the Dream in May 2012....my husband and I loved it.....other people may get to experience dining like this .... but where I come from we don't......we did the steakhouse again in May 2013 on the Freedom ... once again we loved it.....we have a cruise booked on the Sunshine in May 2014 and the plans were to love the steakhouse again.....but my husband went to work in September and had a massive widow maker heart attack and died.....so the two of us will never get to have that experience together again.....we thought it was money well spent....and it was nice to be able to "slow down" and just enjoy being together and have wonderful food served to us. But I know everyone doesn't agree......just like I had someone tell me the other day that they would never pay for a cabin above the Riviera Deck..that it was a complete waste of money....I on the other hand hope to NEVER be on that deck again

:( I am so sorry to hear about your husband. This is awful!!!!! I hope you still have an enjoyable cruise. I really am sorry....

• 2 weeks later...
I am going on the Miracle next week... what would you say is the best cut they cook fillet or Ribeye?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

So, how was your cruise and steakhouse experience?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget - you get a free bottle of wine if you make reservations for the first night of the cruise…. It is well worth the price.

We enjoy the steakhouse and typically go every other cruise but wouldnt go the first night for the free wine.

We had the white and thought it was undrinkable. Offered remainder of bottle to the two couples we were with and they tasted it and turned it down as well.

They did like the red wine they had though.

In my opinion the Steakhouse was great. Have eaten in different ones 3 times. That being said I wish Carnival would charge everyone another $20 - $30 per day and serve REALLY GOOD foor in the MDR. I'd like more upscale selections rather than just the ones offered in the Steakhouse. Offerings in the MDR are suffering. Their so called steak available every day (not sure what cut they are calling it this week) in the MDR is like shoe leather and void of taste. I'd like at least one exceptional meal per day.

Other than that I have no complaints about Carnival.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I will probably skip the steakhouse this upcoming cruise as we will be a group of 5. Plus there's one cheapskate in our group who wouldn't want to do it :rolleyes:.

Sounds like it might work out better with just 2.

On our upcoming Conquest cruise in April, 10 of us will be dining together in the Point Supper Club on our Belize port day. Wife and I have an excursion to Xunantunich, and may be late getting back for early seating, so most of our crowd will be together at 7 PM in the steakhouse. As much as we love it, we're looking forward to the change of pace from the MDR.

Kevin C

P.S. Darn, apologies for resurrecting dead threads.

Edited by kmc500

our experience on the splendor was INCREDIBLE!!! We were treated like royalty and we were sad that we could not make it back a 2nd time! i'm sailing again in 2 weeks and have planned 3 nights at the steakhouse:D

Tasty food, excellent service, amazing atmosphere....all for an affordable price.

Well worth it to us!!

Ours was 35.00 and it was good and the atmosphere is very nice but we find the steaks to be better at Logan's Roadhouse...sounds weird but true (Ribeyes). But if you have the extra $ you should at least do it once. I agree the desserts are really good and the onion soup also. I think you will be glad you did it but might be able to skip it another time. Haven't decided if we are doing it this upcoming trip, you see even though we like Logan's steaks better it's still nice. Oh yeah the fruit salad is gorgeous.

IMG_02461280x9601024x768.jpg

our experience on the splendor was INCREDIBLE!!! We were treated like royalty and we were sad that we could not make it back a 2nd time! i'm sailing again in 2 weeks and have planned 3 nights at the steakhouse:D

Tasty food, excellent service, amazing atmosphere....all for an affordable price.

Well worth it to us!!

I also went to the Pinnacle steakhouse on Splendor on the Jan 20th sailing. I went the first night and received a free bottle of red wine. The wine was good. I loved the shrimp cocktail for the appetizer. The shrimp were huge and fresh. For the entree, I had a delicious surf and turf. I had the cheescake for dessert. It was huge but I was able to eat about half. I had such a great meal that I went again on day 5 of the cruise. It is definitely well worth it.:cool: