Carnival's Steakhouse - Worth the price?

John&John

• 8 months later...
We had the good fortune to do the "Point" steakhouse on the Conquest this past summer. The experience certainly does add to the overall cruise journey, and we'll do the specialty restaurants on at least one evening on every cruise where it is offered, going forward. The food was wonderful, but even more special was the quality "quiet time" the DW and I spent together, far from the noise and crowds. Would you enjoy the cruise without the 'steakhouse', most certainly. The Steakhouse will simply be one more 'event memory', and it's more than worth the price of admission, IMHO.

Hi!

On another, totally unrelated note :D , can you please tell me how to add my countdown clock for my upcoming cruise? As you can see, I did it for the one we took two years ago, but forgot how. I tried to copy and paste the HTML code of a MySpace one, but all I got was copy of the code.

Thanks so much!

Hi!

On another, totally unrelated note :D , can you please tell me how to add my countdown clock for my upcoming cruise? As you can see, I did it for the one we took two years ago, but forgot how. I tried to copy and paste the HTML code of a MySpace one, but all I got was copy of the code.

Thanks so much!

scroll up to the top of the page and the line where all the links are click on user CP and then click edit signature.

Put your code in there and you should be all set.

Bill

This is a steakhouse question, but not if it is worth it or not. I know we can't order multiple steaks, but how about appetizers/desserts?

I have ordered two apps. I usually just get one dessert and can't comment on two desserts.

We dined there 6 of 7 evenings on the Liberty last week and never ate something from every course on any one evening. If you do, and you finish it - you should be stuffed!

When we desired two starters, we would usually skip the salad. We only had room left (sharing a bottle of wine as well) for dessert on the last night - and then had to go for the chocolate sampler! WOW!!

I can, however, understand that if it's a one time deal - you'd want to make the most of the experience. Just be prepared to be uncomfortable for an hour or two after the meal if you clean your plates!!

Tom

• 3 months later...
We tried it on the Valor this past New Years Eve. We wanted to like it and come back raving however that was not in the cards. I would not pay for it again. In fact DS, DH and myself agree we wouldn't bother if it were free. The service we had was far from outstanding and it was not crowded-there were only 2 other people on the side where we were.

When we arrived 7 minutes early the server asked us if we would like to wait in the bar area since we were "sooo early". It all went downhill from there.

I agree. Was in Scarlett's on the Valor Feb 2012 and was not impressed at all with the meal and service. We also had anytime dining and always sought out a particular waiter and had very good food and exceptional service. I also would not go back to Scarlett's for n/c

However on NCL food in the MDR is only tolerable although usually good service but the NCL Steakhouses were exceptional.

That said have already made reservation for the Steakhouse on the Dream 01/05

We ate in the steakhouse for the first time on the Miracle in 2011 and I regretted not doing it all the other cruises I've been on. We LOVED - food, ambiance - the whole experience. I am craving the ahi tuna tartare right now! And the chocolate sampler - yum.

We plan on doing it at least twice on our June 2013 cruise on the Splendor.

• 4 weeks later...

After taking our first Princess cruise, using my final minutes on our last night as I type here, I can say with absolute certainty that the Steakhouse on Carnival (at $35 pp) is LEAGUES above what was offered on the Caribbean Princess: Crown Grill @$25pp and Sabatini's @$20pp. Carnival is WELL worth the additional few bucks!!

Quality of selections: CARNIVAL

Atmosphere: CARNIVAL

Service: CARNIVAL

Presentation: CARNIVAL

We had made four reservations for the week at those two places and ended up only going twice.

Sorry, but if you have to ask for my ship card after ordering a bottle of sparkling water - and do the same again for the wine - that just kind of cheapens the feel of the whole place IMHO!

Working on a review... approaching 5,000 words at this point... :eek:

The UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dining) was a nice feature. Multi-course meal with cocktails and champagne served at sunset as we left Aruba - aft balcony. $100 for the two of us. I would recommend that to anyone (who has a balcony large enough to accommodate it).

Tom

We ate at the steak house on the conquest we were told they had 3 slots that could be any apps, salad or soups. We did 2 apps and a salad. The free on the first night was a decent Santa Carolina Chardonnay from Chile.

The steak house was incredible. I would almost say it is so good that I don't recommend it, because it makes all of the other food on board seem not as good.

DH and I want to eat at the steakhouse on the Breeze to celebrate our anniversary. I don't eat steak or any other red meat. So how are the other entrees? I would probably be most interested in the lobster tail or the rosemary infused chicken. Has anyone had either of these items in the steakhouse?

DH and I want to eat at the steakhouse on the Breeze to celebrate our anniversary. I don't eat steak or any other red meat. So how are the other entrees? I would probably be most interested in the lobster tail or the rosemary infused chicken. Has anyone had either of these items in the steakhouse?

Click here for the Steakhouse Menu.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/supperclub.pdf