Beware!! Westerdam Capt. Waits for noboby

jbruch

is it still possible to become a 'sheeple'? I can say baaaaa.

:D:D:D

This has been the best thread! Maybe we could have a Sheeple cruise?

:)

"Voyage of the Sheeple People" :confused: Sounds good to me! LOL!

Long story short

Too late... :rolleyes:

I offered $1000.00 to lower the gangway back down

But the Mrs. offered $2000.00 for them to keep it up... ;)

my wife and 2 kids had 2 1/2 days at sea without me

So... her plan was a success! :D

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

I'm not entirely sure, but I feel like I'm being scolded. If so, so be it.

I offered him advice because his posts, on this board, appeared to call for it.

Rev Neal, I have also enjoyed reading your posts on CC. I think that pettifoger was just observing that you treated the Op a bit differently than some other cc posters, who were abusive and did not take "the high road." Some of the posts were really rude and some who didn't like the tone of the OP were less than civil in their responses. Cherie

While some posts have been, shall I say, less than diplomatic, the vast majority of the critical posts have not been as "low" as the comments from the OP. As Rev. Neal said, this thread has been like a train wreck, but I think it's time for me to make a resolution to stop reading it. It's reinforced my belief that I should always be careful about getting back on board with time to spare, so in that respect it's been a good post, but the time has come to move forward.

Well, since you're his 3rd cousin, I guess we should take your word as law...whew, glad you sorted that out for us. Now I can sleep tonight! :p

Take my word as law? I would not suggest it,but please don't get mad at me for asking you to reread the OP posts so would have a better understanding of what actually happened.

Someone earlier described this thread as "watching a train wreck". I really feel that is more like watching a NASCAR race. You have to watch trains for YEARS to see a wreck. You only have to watch a NASCAR race for an hour (or read Cruise Critic for a hundred posts) to get the same satisfaction.

Sorry Savannahgirl,

CVPENDS granted me Black Sheeple status some pages back. :cool:

However, the positions of both Dark and Light Grey Sheeple are still available. :rolleyes:

And as this thread demonstrates, one Black Sheeple alone could not tend to this growing herd. So Dark Grey and Light Grey Sheeple(s) will have their work cut out for them ;)

I am particularly looking forward to the benefits of "Sheepledom" :)

These will all be enumerated when when our Official By-Laws are published three pages hence. :eek:

r. (AKA The Black Sheeple)

What a great solution! I was wondering what to do with SavannahGirl's kind offer, since the position she had applied for had already been filled. What say you, SavannahGirl? Do you wish to be our Dark Grey Sheeple or our Light Grey Sheeple?

is it still possible to become a 'sheeple'? I can say baaaaa.

:D:D:D

This has been the best thread! Maybe we could have a Sheeple cruise?

:)

Yes, welcome to the club!! At least two of our herd (or is it a flock?) will be on the 4-3-10 sailing of the Oosterdam. The rest of you are welcome to join us also :p

Rev Neal, I have also enjoyed reading your posts on CC. I think that pettifoger was just observing that you treated the Op a bit differently than some other cc posters, who were abusive and did not take "the high road." Some of the posts were really rude and some who didn't like the tone of the OP were less than civil in their responses. Cherie

I would agree that some of the CCers were overly harsh in their remarks, but I didn't see any purpose being served in addressing that issue (besides, I've been spanked by some CCers in the past for daring to do that). Instead, I decided to stay on-topic, but in a way that attempted at being constructive.

Thanks.

I was just thinking that "sheeple" run in flocks not herds. A much kinder and gentler term. I do not see sheeple stampeding as a herd onto the ship at "all aboard". At all aboard the flocks of sheeple use decorum and a willingness to obey the directions of their shepherds. There is safety with the flock and not straying with the "black sheeple" that want to change the rules to fit themselves.

Silly I know but just a thought!;)

According to Wikipedia, "A group of sheep is called a flock, herd or mob." Although a flock is certainly a gentler term a mob may be a better description, given the origins of the club....

Rev. Neal:

There is a fine line between questioning someone and scolding them. I am sorry if I unwittingly crossed it.

You have academic qualifications with respect to this subject and I do not. I learned the hard way (embarassment) to show respect for the opinions of people who know more about the subject than I do and that is always my intent.

If we felt more alike about the way this thread has gone, I think my intent would have been clearer.

There was once a book written about the Our Lady of the Angels school fire in Chicago. It was called "The Fire that Will Not Die." I think this post is in the same category. I hope through all of this there has been more light than heat put on the subject.

YOU WERE LATE AND YOU ALL DESERVED TO BE LEFT BEHIND. iN OVER 30 YEARS OF SAILING IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO ARE LATE- ONE IN EVERY CROWD. DO YOU NEED REMEDIAL READING TO SEE THE DEPARTURE TIMES ON THE DAILY NEWSPAPER. no one owes you one red cent- got it!!

"Voyage of the Sheeple People" Sounds good to me! LOL!

The just announced third ship in the Signature Class will be named the SHEEPLEDAM ! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

(somebody just had to say it :cool: )

Decorative motif will be "Pastoral" with actual live green grass on the "Poop Deck"

Atrium art work will be actual live sheep in a Svorfski Crystal cage. Do not stand underneath !

{{ AND She will probably never leave port on time }}

r.

Archived