No Carnival cruise this year? How can I cope?

gatorclaw

Help.

I have been on 6 Carnival cruises in the last 6 years, but this year is different. I just can't afford it. :( I thought I was man enough to make it through, but this is the time of year I would be going and it's really starting to hit me...

How can I possibly cope with this horrific situation?

In April of last year I was going along minding my own business and BAM!!! They closed Mexico because of the stupid Swine Flu fiasco!!!! What an amazing thing to have happen!!! OK, so I already had 2 cruises booked for last year, but still, had I had none, I was able to get a week long cruise out of NOLA on the Fantasy for $400 total for DH & me (tax included but not tips). So, you can always hope for another "epidemic" (you know the press LOVES them!) and then maybe your dreams will come true this year, yet!!

Help.

I have been on 6 Carnival cruises in the last 6 years, but this year is different. I just can't afford it. :( I thought I was man enough to make it through, but this is the time of year I would be going and it's really starting to hit me...

No Gator videos for 2011??!! :eek:

I think that everybody at Cruise Critic should get together and raise the cash for Gator to go on a cruise.

If everything else fails, try to book a shorter cruise during low season. We've booked 4 night cruises for as little as $199pp in September. Also, save some extra money by choosing a port of call that you can drive to (even if it's a looong drive). TRUST me. When you see that red and blue smokestack in the distance as you approach the port, the pain from sitting in the car for endless hours will be gone!

Maybe Charleston or Jacksonville?

Help.

It is time to start sacrificing if you really have to have that annual cruise. You really only need 2 meals a day, Is that 99 channel HD cable service really necessary?, Do you really need to buy that new toy? (silly question, of course you do). How bad do you really want it? Maybe a government bailout. Tell them you need some of those stimulus funds that we keep hearing about. Cruising is definetly stimulating. You can make it happen if you want it bad enough. Good Luck :D;):p

I felt the same way as you did Gator...:o Was looking at booking a cruise to Alaska in the summer of 2011 and within 10 minutes of looking my DH called and we are going on a 3 day in Sept/Oct 2010.:eek::D Due to events beyond our controll the Dream in 2010 will be in 2011, as well as the Alaskan cruise!

Will be booking within the next week, gotta get the others going to commit, but we are going!

Sensation Oct 2008

Valor June 2009

Sensation again Sept/Oct 2010 YEAH!:p

Help.

Take a deep breath, then do a Staycation. Visit your town as if you're someone on vacation. It isn't hard to do, and when you're able to cruise again, you'll find it that much more enjoyable.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

We're on the "every 18 months" cruising plan, it's tolerable. I don't know that I'd do with myself if I had the opportunity to cruise once a year.

My suggestion would be to realize how fortunate you've been up to this point, take a look at your budget and plan/book the earliest cruise you can to get yourself out of your funk.

I'm feeling your pain on this one! This time of year always makes it harder and I soooo need to cruise with all the crap I have going on. For me it's not the price of the cruise but the airfare that goes along with it lol

I feel your pain Gator. DW and I cruise in July but we have decided to not cruise again for at least 3 years when we get back! The thought of going that long without a cruise is so bad that I am probably going to drink myself into a stupor on the July trip (but I digress)!

The best thing to do is to have a series of mini-vacations scheduled throughtout the year to help you get by and then you book your 2011 cruise as soon as possible. That way you'll always have something to look forward to until your sail date arrives.

Hang in there and take it one day at a time!

No Gator videos for 2011??!! :eek:

I think that everybody at Cruise Critic should get together and raise the cash for Gator to go on a cruise.

Maybe Charleston or Jacksonville?

Ha ha.... lots of helpful posts... but of all of them, this one speaks to me!! I'm sure I'd be violating about 18 cruise critic policies asking the masses to chip in to pay for my cruise! But it'd be nice!!

And funny how in the span of a few hours posting that frustration, I have 2 options.

1- go on a cruise my a friend from B-more (30 minutes from where I live) is going on in a few weeks

or

2- cruise on the Dream for my b-day in on Sept 5 (along with my recently divorced bud whose b-day is a day after mine)...

Either way: I'm done with the videos. I've spent too much time on my cruises with the videos. I've actually never just relaxed. :)

Help.

Jason!!!!!

Good to see ya back.

Hey...watch and see if you can catch a cheap weekend cruise out of FLA.

That is what we had to resort to...even head to look at NCL & RCL for their 3 day itins since they include a private island day.

Their ships and Carnivals all leave and return from Miami on the same days.

If you start charging for people to watch your videos, can't you write the trip off as a business expense? LOL :rolleyes::p

Archived