Magic is going to................

Legend

Here's part of an email from a VP @ Carnival.....someone fairly high up and in the know....not saying it isn't true but this is someone that knows ..."I checked our reservation system and carnival.com and I don;t see a 10/28/2010 sailing for the Magic."

What ships have they done it before to?

Once they announced Triumph was moving to New Orleans and then canceled that move when advance bookings were weak. It took another year or so before it really did move.

Holiday was supposed to be retired earlier, but was delayed by 6 months or so. Forget the exact reason, but there had to be a reason ($$$) why.

There may be more, but I only remember the ones that impact me.

I definitely booked the cruise, and if you try to add the booking to your account on carnival.com the date is definitely there and will let you do so, BUT, the itinerary is blank on "My Cruises". So....

Anyone with an account can pretend to add it - no booking number required.

Just pick Carnival Magic and a bunch of new dates show up, including Oct 28th. You can also play games with Triumph, Conquest, Ecstasy - it all seems to fit and all include dates out to 2012.

I definitely booked the cruise, and if you try to add the booking to your account on carnival.com the date is definitely there and will let you do so, BUT, the itinerary is blank on "My Cruises". So....

Just pick Carnival Magic and a bunch of new dates show up, including Oct 28th. You can also play games with Triumph, Conquest, Ecstasy - it all seems to fit and all include dates out to 2012.

Im agreeing with you, it all fits together that way.

I am wondering if someone jumped the gun. I dont get why Host Randy's VP says its not released, and so many of us heard today from our PVPs that it was released. ... someone said something early is all I can conclude.

Well you must have a special computer cause it doesn't show up on my carnival.com....lol........Na...maybe it's a glitch.......but it's weird the VP couldn't find it on carnival.com or even their internal reservation system...somethings going on.......I'm sure we'll all find out soon./Let's see who the first one is that can copy and paste their confirmation on here :)

Once they announced Triumph was moving to New Orleans and then canceled that move when advance bookings were weak. It took another year or so before it really did move.

Holiday was supposed to be retired earlier, but was delayed by 6 months or so. Forget the exact reason, but there had to be a reason ($$$) why.

There may be more, but I only remember the ones that impact me.

I totally forgot about the Triumph. Thanks for reminding me.

Well you must have a special computer cause it doesn't show up on my carnival.com....lol........Na...maybe it's a glitch.......but it's weird the VP couldn't find it on carnival.com or even their internal reservation system...somethings going on.......I'm sure we'll all find out soon./Let's see who the first one is that can copy and paste their confirmation on here :)

No one said it was on Carnival.com ... ..they all said their PVP contacted them that the TA was going to Galveston. You can book it thru a PVP by calling them today ... each person said this that I have seen.

So, the fact your VP says its not on Carnival.com ... everyone agrees...you have to book over the phone today, but look how many of us heard today from our PVPs... they are all wrong?

PS do you think its just coincidence each and every one of us heard it was going to Galveston?

Maybe im confused Fire........but I thought Sarge said you could find it on carnival.com.......maybe hes talking about just adding it to the booking:confused:

We booked at Noon on Monday and were the 10th booking. Our PVP knew we were waiting and called us. We did try to bring it up on Carnival website and it is not there. Our last booking email says 16 Day transatlantic and underneath says "No itinerary details available"

Under the our booking number on the confirmations says:

Carnival Magic 16 Day Transatlantic cruise

Departs Barcelona October 28, 2011

Arrive Galveston, TX November 13, 2011

Ports in Palma De Mallorca, Malaga, Las Palmas & Grand Turk

Someone else posted a day by day itinerary but this is all we got in our documents with our booking through our PVP at Carnival.

It was $3361 for two people with taxes for an 8M aft balcony and $1000 deposit was required.

Wow...interesting to see these dates. I really wish they'd show the itenerary too!! :cool:

Maybe im confused Fire........but I thought Sarge said you could find it on carnival.com.......maybe hes talking about just adding it to the booking:confused:

He is. You have to sign into your account and then click on "Add booking" and then select the ship. Then you will see the different dates, going into 2012.

All you can see is what dates each ship has a sailing. You can't see the itineraries.

Its far from the Houston airport and you cant rent a car on sundays. Makes it expensive to fly in ..for the rest of us, we love it.

Well actually you can RENT a car on Sunday in Houston, you just cant turn it in when you get to Galveston. There used to be ways to leave it somewhere, but people were having issues where the car was said to be damaged the following day when the rental car places opened and what not ..

You just really have to take a expensive shuttle from the airport to get to Galveston. ..and IAH isnt that close to the port, Hobby is about half the distance, but not many flights.

Folks on my roll call for my last voyager cruise, were all swearing about Galveston before the cruise started.

The Magic arrives in Galveston on the 13th, a Sunday. Guess this means that for those of us who need to fly out from Houston won't be able to get a rental car? How much would a shuttle be?

Last time I checked, you can't find the sailing to book, but you can add and/or try to add to your account. If you have a confirmation code, you can add, but the itinerary shows up blank.

There is a definite SNAFU going on at Carnival. There will be some explaining/tap dancing to be done on this one. ;)

Originally Posted by katybugg viewpost.gif

Randy, the email from your VP says no cruise for the Magic on 10/28/2010. Not 2011.

Yes......good catch........I just emailed them to check the right date....lol...too funny.......I missed it too :p

Um ,just a quick question.

Are you the group leader ? :D;):D

Someday I'll get to do a TA. The prices are ridiculous, wow!

You can get the Mariner of the Seas out of Rome from Oct 26-Nov 11 to Galveston for much less. Also 16 days visisting Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena,Funchal,Santa Cruz de la Palma and Nassau.

$3351 is about the same as we are paying for the 12 day Grand Med on the Magic 5-10-11.

Not sure if this applies to ALL cabins but check the Carnival website for the Magic deck plans especially if you are booked on a Med cruise.

NOTE: We sailed on the Dream in cabin 7467 extended aft cabin right in the middle of the back of the ship on the Empress deck. We booked the same cabin when we booked the Magic in May (At the time it was based on the cabin numbers of the Dream.) For the TA, we want the aft next to the wrap in the back. We got a cabin number of 7460, which doesn't correspond to the Dream at all.

Our 7467 cabin stayed the same but the 4 cabins next to it are labeled different (??not sure if this is some typo or it is really different. I did not check the other cabins.

On the 7th deck, the aft wraps are 7454 and 7459 on the empress deck

On the 7th deck of the Magic the aft wraps show as 7458 and 7459 (7454 is showing as the big balcony cabin next to the wrap on the side)

So warning to all, bring up the deck plans that are posted on the Carnival Magic website and don't rely on the Dream cabin set up

(I am calling our PVP to clarify and if I find out something I will post - I'm waiting on a call back

$1680 pp for a 8M aft balcony, for 16 days, thats about $100 a day including taxes.

The price they quoted they said was the total price for everything, taxes and fees included. Im sure there are other cheaper cabins to book too. Someone else posted who said they thought the prices were quite reasonable ...from one extreme to another reactions lol

Originally Posted by katybugg viewpost.gif

Randy, the email from your VP says no cruise for the Magic on 10/28/2010. Not 2011.

Um ,just a quick question.

Are you the group leader ? :D;):D

Yeah but we don't have fun :p.....lol.....I've had a thread going for over a year for the first CC group on Magic when she homeports....so just waiting on the official announcement from CCL. ;)

3000 is less than 100 per day per person for an AFT WrapAround Balcony! That is a steal! TransAtlantics are the cheapest cruises you will ever take per day. Check prices for Ocean View.....unbelieveable!

Archived