Magic is going to................

Legend

The Conquest and Ecstasy will probably be moved to New Orleans.

That is exactly what I was thinking would happen.

Well I was just informed that the CQ to NOLA on 11/13...

TI to Galveston on 10/06...

and Ec to NOLA on 09/22...

And Magic will switch the Itin a little bit...they have a 8 day to costa maya, belize and honduras and cozumel on 12/18

but looks like not to many differ sailings from the Cq

Just confirmed with my PVP (who has been my PVP for over 4 years and whom I trust) that the itinerary is as follows:

10/28/2011 Transatlantic

10/28/11 Depart Barcelona 5PM

10/29/11 Palma De Mallorca 8-6

10/30/11 Day at sea

10/31/11 Mallacha 8-5 (sp? could not understand what she said)

11/01/11 Day At Sea

11/02/11 Las Palmas 8-4

11/03/11-11/08/11 Transatlantic crossing

11/09/11 Grand Turk 9-6

11/10/11-11/12/11 Day At Sea

11/13 Galveston

I was quoted

$1355.52pp early saver rate for a cove balcony with a $500pp deposit. My PVP did 100% confirm that the Magic would be home ported in Galveston which is GREAT news for we NOLA sailors!!!! Hope we see the Conquest!

If they are letting customers book this cruise, Carnival should make the announcement today!

After reading all the posts I called my PVP and frankly just asked he told me he received the email today that that Magic and Triumph will be in Galveston and Conquest and Ectasy will be moved however he did not know yet where to. Everything else he has told me has been true so I have no reason not to believe him..

Very interesting!

And Magic will take over the Itin from the CQ...Nothing new there..

Do you know if the Ecstasy will be doing some 7 day cruises before the Conquest gets to NOLA, just like the Triumph is doing? Because there is a little over a month gap from when the Triumph leaves to when the Conquest comes.

Do you know if the Ecstasy will be doing some 7 day cruises before the Conquest gets to NOLA, just like the Triumph is doing? Because there is a little over a month gap from when the Triumph leaves to when the Conquest comes.

I asked the same questions...we will see what I get back.

And Magic will switch the Itin a little bit...they have a 8 day to costa maya, belize and honduras and cozumel on 12/18

Why would it take 8 days to do this itinerary when the Dream presently does the exact same itinerary from Port Canaveral in 7 days?:confused:

Why would it take 8 days to do this itinerary when the Dream presently does the exact same itinerary from Port Canaveral in 7 days?:confused:

im guessing that extra day to get around the oil spill that will still be in the gulf..lol

Am I correct that they are going to only have the one 8 day sailing because of the holidays?

I hope this is all true! Great news for Galveston! Let the price drops begin! Take that, Mariner of the Seas!

Great news for both ports!

NOLA will finally be at pre-Katrina capacity with Carnival! Woo hoo! Bring on the Brees...um, Breeze...in 2012. :D Also this means when taking NCL into account, NOLA will see three ships weekly, year-round, plus RCCL for 6 months. Not too shabby.

For some reason, I don't see the Magic being very cheap. :o:(

Galveston is higher cost because it has good demand and less competition... only Conquest and Ecstasy year round. Voyager part time. Fall 2011 it will have Triumph, Magic and Mariner. More capacity means cheaper prices. I'll take Triumph if it is cheaper than Magic. Haven't been on it since our Honeymoon in 2000. It was amazing back then.

Galveston is higher cost because it has good demand and less competition... only Conquest and Ecstasy year round. Voyager part time. Fall 2011 it will have Triumph, Magic and Mariner. More capacity means cheaper prices. I'll take Triumph if it is cheaper than Magic. Haven't been on it since our Honeymoon in 2000. It was amazing back then.

One can only hope. I plan on booking the Magic right after it gets here, assuming it does. No chance of those cruises getting cheap!

Archived