Magic is going to................

Legend

We are sailing out of Galveston in less than 2 weeks. Would love the Magic to be there. More cabins I would think would mean more capacity and thus lower rates. Right?

Amen to more port variety. The same "ol thing" in ports gets old.

Well actually you can RENT a car on Sunday in Houston, you just cant turn it in when you get to Galveston. There used to be ways to leave it somewhere, but people were having issues where the car was said to be damaged the following day when the rental car places opened and what not ..

You just really have to take a expensive shuttle from the airport to get to Galveston. ..and IAH isnt that close to the port, Hobby is about half the distance, but not many flights.

Folks on my roll call for my last voyager cruise, were all swearing about Galveston before the cruise started.

I was personally told today by a Carnival vacation planner that the Magic will make it's transatlantic voyage from Barcelona to Galveston next October 2011 and will then be based in Galveston. Sorry New Orleans but this is real info from Carnival- not a rumor. He wasn't sure what would happen to the Conquest.

We are sailing out of Galveston in less than 2 weeks. Would love the Magic to be there. More cabins I would think would mean more capacity and thus lower rates. Right?

Amen to more port variety. The same "ol thing" in ports gets old.

Nope. I think the prices in Galveston will only go up. Right know Galveston has the demand so more cabins won't affect bookings. Also new ships are always priced higher, so the cruise prices will more than likely go up.

I was personally told today by a Carnival vacation planner that the Magic will make it's transatlantic voyage from Barcelona to Galveston next October 2011 and will then be based in Galveston. Sorry New Orleans but this is real info from Carnival- not a rumor. He wasn't sure what would happen to the Conquest.

The Conquest will move to New Orleans.

A number of people say cruises out of Galveston command a premium price. I imagine Carnival will expect a premium premium price for Magic. If advance bookings aren't strong, Carnival could easily change their minds. They have done it before - even after being officially announced {which this one hasn't been}. As mentioned before, I did book it, but am assuming the final destination was a typo that will be corrected with the official announcement. :p

A number of people say cruises out of Galveston command a premium price. I imagine Carnival will expect a premium premium price for Magic. If advance bookings aren't strong, Carnival could easily change their minds. They have done it before - even after being officially announced {which this one hasn't been}. As mentioned before, I did book it, but am assuming the final destination was a typo that will be corrected with the official announcement. :p

What ships have they done it before to?

Archived