Magic is going to................

Legend

The way it sounded to me is they have prices and info, just not able to make bookings yet...already got my price for a 9c...

It all started this morning when they started to upload the info into there booking systems. Most ccl employees that I know have been checking regularly to see when and where.

My PVP had us booked in a 9C room by 11:20 this AM.

OK...why do we always leave out Philadelphia...an untapped market...give them something, even a left over!!!

I think Philadelphia would be a great place for a fantasy class ship, or they should have put the Holiday here for a year before sending it off.

My PVP had us booked in a 9C room by 11:20 this AM.

Theres everyones answer...I dont get to book the normal way, so I dont ask those questions...I ask how much is the employees discount we get!!:D:D:rolleyes:

Most 8 day cruises would knock us outta the box unless they left on Saturday and came back Sunday.

That's usually what they do for 8 day cruises. Generally it alternates with a 6-day Sunday to Saturday cruise.

I'm surprised if they really chose to put Magic in Galveston. I was really expecting Fort Lauderdale.

Just talked to my PVP and he confirmed that the Magic is indeed ending up its TA in Galveston, BUT and he stressed BUT no word on where her actual home port will be and no word on her future schedule after arriving in Galveston. He stressed that it is normal for Carnival to take a new ship to another port for a month before she goes to her eventual home port. So all you New Orleans fans don't give up hope now. It could still happen. :)

I think it pretty much confirms Conquest or at least Ecstasy is moving to New Orleans. The rumors have been Conquest for a long time. :)

That's usually what they do for 8 day cruises. Generally it alternates with a 6-day Sunday to Saturday cruise.

I'm surprised if they really chose to put Magic in Galveston. I was really expecting Fort Lauderdale.

Not always. The Miracle does one 8 day after another in both New York and Ft. Lauderdale. There are no 6 day cruises in between the 8 days.

The same thing with San Diego. But they are discontinuing that route soon.

What do they do with the bookings on the Magic in the Medeterranean in Sept 2011? Just cancel them?

If this is true, It is great news for the gulf coast. We need it.

The TA would leave on October 28, 2011. That is when the last Med cruise comes back to Barcelona.

What do they do with the bookings on the Magic in the Medeterranean in Sept 2011? Just cancel them?

they would keep them as this sailing is not until the end of October.

;)

I think it pretty much confirms Conquest or at least Ecstasy is moving to New Orleans. The rumors have been Conquest for a long time. :)

Sarge, could be. Do you think that New Orleans can handle 3 or more full time ships with RCL and NCL moving into the mix? Enough passanger base to keep them all full each week? I have heard some good things about the Conquest, so that could be a good thing.

Just talked to my PVP and he confirmed that the Magic is indeed ending up its TA in Galveston, BUT and he stressed BUT no word on where her actual home port will be and no word on her future schedule after arriving in Galveston. He stressed that it is normal for Carnival to take a new ship to another port for a month before she goes to her eventual home port. So all you New Orleans fans don't give up hope now. It could still happen. :)

We all know they can fill the ship out of Galveston, but let's get real - you don't bring a ship here to "show her off". I don't think they'd end a TA here unless she was staying here.

I think the Conquest should go back to NOLA. After all, wasn't she designed for there from the beginning?

If they put a bunch of cows and cowboy boots and cowboy hats and horses and hay bales on the Magic...:mad::o

If they put a bunch of cows and cowboy boots and cowboy hats and horses and hay bales on the Magic...:mad::o

Why not some giant horns like the RCCL ship arriveing in did...I say sport those all the time!!

Well, unless my friend Traveler 353 has too much BP oil on the brain, I guess that's the way it is! Sorry Sarge...all that clicking for naught at the moment. And Legend and Cruises42 have a Magical cruise:)

And where's Mr Heald and his Stephanies on all this?

Awesome! I am so excited for all of you that have booked the TA. I would love to do so, but I don't think I can talk my husband into it, and we would also have to bring along our son who would be 3 and a half by then, and who knows, we may also have another kiddo with us by then. Guess we'll just have to wait until Magic is settled in Galveston and do a 7 day cruise.

Great news. Weeeeee.

That'd be way too cruel to do that to us! Not only that, but it'll make her few sailings out of Galveston $$$$$$. Talk about killing my vacation budget. :o No way am I missing it if it happens, though!

yeah...but you would not have to fly or get a hotel for the night.

:D

Well, unless my friend Traveler 353 has too much BP oil on the brain, I guess that's the way it is! Sorry Sarge...all that clicking for naught at the moment. And Legend and Cruises42 have a Magical cruise:)

And where's Mr Heald and his Stephanies on all this?

According to our Governor what some say that they are smelling down here is not the oil leaking out of BPs hole in the ocean floor it is from our neighbors lawn mower. Talk about living in a fantasy world.

In the real world the only thing that counts to the bean counters at Carnival headquarters is will the ship sail full from where ever she bases out of. I think that could be accomplished out of either Galveston or New Orleans. Of course I would prefer it to be New Orleans. It is only a 90 minutes drive from my house to the terminal.:p

They dont have to do anything with them. The ship is not leaving the Med until until October 2011.

Bill

Sarge, could be. Do you think that New Orleans can handle 3 or more full time ships with RCL and NCL moving into the mix? Enough passanger base to keep them all full each week? I have heard some good things about the Conquest, so that could be a good thing.

RCL will only be there part-time and will do 7 day cruises.

NCL will have 7 day cruises to interesting ports, year 'round.

I think Carnival has to do something in New Orleans or they will be in last place. 1 ship doing 7 day cruises and 1 doing 4-5 day cruises is what makes sense.

Archived