Veranda Suite Perks?

ss475

This is our fifth time on the Veendam. We usually stay on the lower promenade. However, this time we decided to go for "the big bucks" and booked Veranda Suites in the B category. What comes with the mini-bar?

Can you trade it for beer and diet soda? Do you get breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill in this category? What about using the Neptune Lounge?

Thank you for your help.

Three Stars Holland America

Elite on Princess

This is our fifth time on the Veendam. We usually stay on the lower promenade. However, this time we decided to go for "the big bucks" and booked Veranda Suites in the B category. What comes with the mini-bar?

Can you trade it for beer and diet soda? Do you get breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill in this category? What about using the Neptune Lounge?

Thank you for your help.

Three Stars Holland America

Elite on Princess

1) The mini-bar is not a freebie. Anything in there, you have to pay for!

2) Breakfast at Pinnacle is for Deluxe Verandah Suites and Penthouses ONLY.

3) Neptune Lounge is reserved for Deluxe Verandah Suites and Penthouses ONLY.

Thank you for your help.

Zip, Zero, Zilch. This category has no additional perks.

Additional perks require bigger bucks. :D:D

I cruised on the Veendam last week in an A class Verandah suite and, regrettably, none of the fanciness you mentioned comes with the room.

We promptly requested that our mini-bar be emptied because we refused to pay for anything and we wanted the space for the soda and wine we brought with us. It took a few calls, but it was taken care of.

We did get mild amusement out of people frequently looking at us like we were lost. Apparently, being in mid to upper 20s in age is unusual for Verandah dwellers. Other than that, nothing extra came with the room. Unless you count having an awesome room to be an extra, because that we definitely got.

Zip, Zero, Zilch. This category has no additional perks.

Additional perks require bigger bucks. :D:D

Well, you WILL get double days for the cruise since you're in a Verandah SUITE, you'll have the minibar in the room although the items do have costs that go along with them. You'll have jets in the tub and obviously the verandah.

I thought double days are only for Deluxe suites ?

I was wondering about this. My account hasn't been updated yet with the number of cruise days I accumulated on my recent cruise and I didn't see the answer anywhere. At first I thought it would qualify since they call it a suite and don't seem to specify anything beyond that term in the double days perk description, but since it comes with no other suite perks, I've more recently thought that it would not qualify.

Does anyone know for sure?

The Mariner Society Rewards Program Booklet says, under the category Increase Your Mariner Star status ....

"Suite Bonus. When you book a spacious suite on your next cruise, you'll not only enjoy special amenities, but you can also qualify for double Cruise Day credits. For instance, guests who pay full fare for suite accomodations on a 10-day cruise earn 20 Cruise Day credits."

It does not specify precisely what they mean by "suite" but seeing as Category B is named Veranda Suite, maybe it does apply to Category A, B, BA etc

:) Yes, I would like to know as well. We are doing our first HAL on the Rotterdam this coming January to Hawaii/Tahiti for 30 days - getting double days would be

WONDERFUL !!!! especailly as the shareholder benefits

don't go beyond 14 days. Personally, I think HAL should

reconsider this as many longer cruises come with mega $$$ - would be a nice "thank you" for doing business with them. ;)

I thought double days are only for Deluxe suites ?

All Suites.

So S and R Class it's anything above a BC with the exception of VEENDAM'S BQ rooms (they are classified and priced as verandah staterooms, not verandah suites.

Vista and Signature Class it's anything above an SZ

Well, you WILL get double days for the cruise since you're in a Verandah SUITE, you'll have the minibar in the room although the items do have costs that go along with them. You'll have jets in the tub and obviously the verandah.

Doesn't even compare to SC and higher.

I was reading through the suites brochure that came in the mail a few weeks back and it stated the double days on Vista class ships included Penthouse, all S category and VA and VB. I would certainly think you would also get the same perk on your ship when they are supposedly giving them away to even the VA and VB cabins on the Vista ships. I know never assume.:)

Sidebar: We just booked an SY on the Oosterdam, is the bathtub with the jets any bigger than the tubs in the verandah cabins?

I was reading through the suites brochure that came in the mail a few weeks back and it stated the double days on Vista class ships included Penthouse, all S category and VA and VB. I would certainly think you would also get the same perk on your ship when they are supposedly giving them away to even the VA and VB cabins on the Vista ships. I know never assume.:)

Sidebar: We just booked an SY on the Oosterdam, is the bathtub with the jets any bigger than the tubs in the verandah cabins?

We did not get double days for our VA on the Eurodam earlier this year.

The "No Host" mini bar consists of:

These are all airline size bottles 1.75 ounces

2 Beefeater Gins - $4.95

1 Johnny Walker Red Lable - $4.95

1 Bicardi Rum - $4.95

1 VSOP Courvoisier - $4.95

1 Smirnoff Vodka - $4.95

1 Vendange Chardonnay - 187 ml - $9

1 Vendange Cabernet - 187 ml - $9

1 split Henkell Champagne - $8.50

1 Red Bull - $3.50

1 Bloody Mix - $2.50

2 regular cokes - $1.95

2 diet cokes - $1.95

1 tonic water - $1.95

1 Club soda - $1.95

1 sprite - $1.95

1 Heineken - $3.75

1 Miller Sharps (non alcoholic) - $3.75

1 Miller Lite - $3.25

2 Perrier water - $2.95

2 one liter bottled water - $2.95

Thank you all for your reply to my inquiry. I guess I was expecting the no host bar with the perks that elite passengers get on Princess, including the free laundry and internet.

Three Stars - HAL

Elite - Princess

The "No Host" mini bar consists of:

These are all airline size bottles 1.75 ounces

2 Beefeater Gins - $4.95

1 Johnny Walker Red Lable - $4.95

1 Bicardi Rum - $4.95

1 VSOP Courvoisier - $4.95

1 Smirnoff Vodka - $4.95

1 Vendange Chardonnay - 187 ml - $9

1 Vendange Cabernet - 187 ml - $9

1 split Henkell Champagne - $8.50

1 Red Bull - $3.50

1 Bloody Mix - $2.50

2 regular cokes - $1.95

2 diet cokes - $1.95

1 tonic water - $1.95

1 Club soda - $1.95

1 sprite - $1.95

1 Heineken - $3.75

1 Miller Sharps (non alcoholic) - $3.75

1 Miller Lite - $3.25

2 Perrier water - $2.95

2 one liter bottled water - $2.95

What does the term "no host" mean?

All Suites.

So S and R Class it's anything above a BC with the exception of VEENDAM'S BQ rooms (they are classified and priced as verandah staterooms, not verandah suites.

Vista and Signature Class it's anything above an SZ

I really really really hope this is true. I booked a BB guarantee. I will be so excited if I get double credits. It is a 28 day cruise, so that would be 56 days!!! This is my first HAL cruise. So with that plus my spending credits I may be pretty close to 3 star by the time I get back.

We did not get double days for our VA on the Eurodam earlier this year.

I believe if you look at the deckplan for the Eurodam you will see that a VA is a Deluxe Veranda Stateroom. Whereas as DBA stated, only on the S & R ships are the A's, and B, BA, BB, and BC's designated as Veranda Suites.

Dennis

I believe if you look at the deckplan for the Eurodam you will see that a VA is a Deluxe Veranda Stateroom. Whereas as DBA stated, only on the S & R ships are the A's, and B, BA, BB, and BC's designated as Veranda Suites.

Dennis

If you look at my post, I was responding to someone who stated that VA and VB cabins get double days.

I know that to be incorrect - so that is why I posted directly after the person [matondo] who made the statement.

Oceanwench

My apologies.

:( No negatives intended... I clearly over-interpreted your post as a question as to which was correct as you merely stated you did not get the double days. Just as my post must have sent a tone or implication that I did not intend.

Dennis

If you look at my post, I was responding to someone who stated that VA and VB cabins get double days.

I know that to be incorrect - so that is why I posted directly after the person [matondo] who made the statement.

It may be incorrect on the Eurodam but according to the above, it is correct on Vista Class Ships which, (as I am sure you are aware) the Eurodam is not one of.

I was wondering about this. My account hasn't been updated yet with the number of cruise days I accumulated on my recent cruise and I didn't see the answer anywhere. At first I thought it would qualify since they call it a suite and don't seem to specify anything beyond that term in the double days perk description, but since it comes with no other suite perks, I've more recently thought that it would not qualify.

Does anyone know for sure?

When the new program first rolled out, all the materials indicated double suite days for Superior and Deluxe Suites and, of course, for the Penthouse. I believe the program now has evolved and includes any accommodations rated as a Suite, including the Verandah Suites on the S and R class ships.

Based on this thread, I contacted the Mariner Society for clarification ... when we sailed the Maasdam last November in a B category Verandah Suite, our accounts were credited only for one day for each day sailed. The Mariner Society now has updated our accounts to include bonus suite days.

So glad I read DBA's comments here ... brings us a tad closer to 4-star.:D

I really really really hope this is true. I booked a BB guarantee. I will be so excited if I get double credits. It is a 28 day cruise, so that would be 56 days!!! This is my first HAL cruise. So with that plus my spending credits I may be pretty close to 3 star by the time I get back.

My 1 day cruises on Amsterdam, oosterdam and Rotterdam (if you follow my blog you've seen the pictures, etc) all resulted in credits for 2 days (category A on Amsterdam, SC on Oosterdam and S on Rotterdam) and on all 3 enough was spent to give me the onboard spending bonus. Quickest 9 'days' I ever spent onboard :)

Archived