guaranteed room

hailmary25

So I booked a guaranteed room for the July 11 sailing on CB and it has bitten me in the butt.

I am staying in p233 its at the bottom and the near the front.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me their experiences with this kinda. Room Will it rock a lot will it be uncomfortable for people who get sea sick. any observations with advice would be great.

Only good things are that its near the MDR and close to the theater for those in my group that have trouble traveling.

So I booked a guaranteed room for the July 11 sailing on CB and it has bitten me in the butt.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me their experiences with this kinda. Room Will it rock a lot will it be uncomfortable for people who get sea sick. any observations with advice would be great.

Only good things are that its near the MDR and close to the theater for those in my group that have trouble traveling.

I don't really think you've been bitten in the butt this time. I don't see P233 as being a terrible room. In fact, the only possible downside I notice is that you MIGHT get a little noise from the theatre. But at least you are under the "rear" of the theatre, so you may not have much noticeable noise at all.:cool:

I'd love to be upgraded to a similar cabin on our upcoming Sapphire Princess cruise. We did an obstructed view guarantee. It's 23 days away.

We sailed in an inside cabin about the same distance from the front of the ship on a Celebrity cruise. We did not have any problems with motion. And we loved being close to the atrium area.

That's actually a good location...further away from the piazza.

We got moved/"upgraded" to P336 on our last cruise and it was very loud...noisy...etc ALL THE TIME as it is right beside the kitchen on the International Cafe. Otherwise...it was a great location as we literally were in the piazza. Perfect for non-sleepers.

Why would that cabin be bad?

Its in a great location. :confused:

The only problem about being on that level is if you're assigned to the aft dining room on deck 5 (botticelli?) you have to use the (as my daughter called it) yo-yo maneuver to get there.

Its not that hard to get there. :confused:

Yo yo or no Yo Yo.

I know... it's just that part of the ship just seems oddly laid out. The traffic flow getting into that particular MDR (the aft DR) is horrendous.

I even heard the maitre d joke (when asked about the bottleneck) about the ship designer being a little tipsy when they came up with that part of the design. :D

Not complaining...just stating the obvious.

I know... it's just that part of the ship just seems oddly laid out. The traffic flow getting into that particular MDR (the aft DR) is horrendous.

I even heard the maitre d joke (when asked about the bottleneck) about the ship designer being a little tipsy when they came up with that part of the design. :D

Not complaining...just stating the obvious.

If you just go a few minutes after opening it works well.

Is the cabin you were assigned in the category you booked or is it an upgrade from what you booked?

If it is in the category you booked, it did not bite you in the butt as you were assigned exactly what you booked.

The only problem about being on that level is if you're assigned to the aft dining room on deck 5 (botticelli?) you have to use the (as my daughter called it) yo-yo maneuver to get there.

There is no aft dining room on deck 5. Deck 6 is the one you're talking about and on the CB it's called the Palm. :)

:D I booked a guarantee cabin for my July 29 cruise and fully expected to get Emerald or Plaza deck. We got upgraded to Dolphin.

I have been on all three before and believe the lower down the less rocking is absolutely true.

Thing is I love the rocking motion when I'm in bed its one of my (many) favourite things about cruising :)

Great room IMO especilly if you got upgraded from a G or GG on E deck.

I am not sure I understand why you are upset. You booked a guarentee an you got a cabin the fulfills the guarentee. Isn't this what you signed up for?

There is no aft dining room on deck 5. Deck 6 is the one you're talking about and on the CB it's called the Palm. :)

If they have traditional dining they will eat in the Palm. They will have to go up to deck 7 walk all the way Aft and go down to deck 6. If they have Anytime dining they can eat in the Island on deck 5 or go up to deck 6 and eat in the Coral.

If they have traditional dining they will eat in the Palm. They will have to go up to deck 7 walk all the way Aft and go down to deck 6. If they have Anytime dining they can eat in the Island on deck 5 or go up to deck 6 and eat in the Coral.

I know that, my post was because the person I quoted said that getting to the aft dining room on Deck 5 required going up and down, and that's why I posted that there is no aft dining room on deck 5, and that the aft dining room is not called Botticelli it's called Palm.

It appears that OP did not understand how a Guarantee works .

OP was Guaranteed the category booked "or better".

Seems since the category guarantee wasn't posted the OP probably got better but doesn't know it.

Is this another case of booking without a good TA.:rolleyes:

I know that, my post was because the person I quoted said that getting to the aft dining room on Deck 5 required going up and down, and that's why I posted that there is no aft dining room on deck 5, and that the aft dining room is not called Botticelli it's called Palm.

I screwed up I ment to quote the person you quoted. Also someone assumed that the OP had traditional dining or doesn't know that the Palm is for traditional dining. At least it was the last 2 times I sailed on CB. Maybe it changed with the new added early traditional seating.

Archived