Decorating Cabin Doors

Just got back from Grandeur yesterday and I decorated my in-laws door for their 50th wedding anniversary and also decorated my bil's door because it was his birthday.

Outside our door, on the wall, I used the 3M command tape and put up a dry erase board, so whenever we left the cabin, we would write where we were so that the family could find us.

We had so many people just walking down the hall that would write on the board. It was fun to come back to the cabin and see what everyone had written! :)

I always decorate our door when we sail to Mexico and would like to for our upcoming Alaska cruise but I don't know what to do.

I tried looking for Penguins, Whales and Igloo cut outs, but no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Toni

I print my Meet and Mingle sign and stick that on the door. We don't put a lot of other stuff on there. I like having the M&M sign on there because it does make it easier to find your cabin, particularly when you're first on board.

I plan on doing that too...I'm going to actually print it out on 81/2 x 11 magnetic "paper" that you can get at officemax, staples, etc...

I have a banner that I can change the pictures on for each cruise. For Alaska, I put on two flags one for VA and one for ALASKA.

We left a goodie in my grandson's pocket each morning from Freddie on Carnival.

528936787_MyDoorBanner.jpg.8987cbd22407ab741d5c0dcff984f831.jpg

Edited by anamanxs

Are all the doors metal? I am specifically asking about the Monarch of the Seas.

Monarch's cabin doors are metal,at least ours on deck 9 was. We were on Monarch in May to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, and we decorated our door with some beach themed, painted wooden cutouts that I attached to magnets and a "free" personalized car door magnet from VistaPrint. We got several compliments and our room attendant said several people asked her where they could get door decor like ours! ;)

Edited by JustUs275

Check out some of the door decorations from our 'Pirate of Freedom' sailing on Freedom of the Seas last year. Everyone made sure that nothing attached to the metal doors marked the paintwork and was done with magnets or tape that does not mark.

On the Explorer three years ago, my parents were celebrating their 50th onboard (they really were cruising on their actual 50th anniversary.) On that day, and every day thereafter, we hung the tickiest, tackiest, fake shiny gold banners, garlands, streamers, "happy 50th", etc. Just used lots of tape; and of course took them down at the end of the cruise.

You can take the girl out of Southwest Philly, but you can't take... anyway, we loved it. Happy decorating!

el henry

In regard to the Alaska Cruise: You could go to a teacher supply store and find all sorts of bulletin board sets that would be probably have icebergs, penguins and whales.

They also have Mexican and ocean themed.

The bulletin board border would be great as well. It comes in all themes just like the bulletin board sets.

Have fun!

All your ideas are cute...agree.. Never put your last names..but..I don't think you should put your first names either....:eek:..And make sure you remove all your decorations before disembarking...not something your cabin steward should have to do..

Mmm so by telephoning the number of that cabin it will not show you the first and second name of the person in there?

Or at least one of them.

On our 2007 HOliday cruise we actually decorated the inside of our cabin as well. I have 2 sets of CRUISE SHIP PARTY LIGHTS... :D:D:D We strung them across the ceiling. That was in addition to Royals decorations that we ordered. On our cabin door we switched the decorations daily. Example, Disco night there were 70s decorations- a small honeycomb disco ball. On the kids cabin door, next to ours I bought silly signs in the dollar store, glued a magnet on them- everyone that we saw walking by would comment, they loved them! lmao Especailly the one that said something like, "Looking for friend and dog, dog is blind and has one leg and answers to the name Lucky" I dont know why, but everyone laughed and loved and stopped to comment on that one. When the sign went missing at the end of the cruise, everyone commented sadly. On the kids door I also had a Be back at clock...it really was cute. It was the ONE time we decorated.

Mmm so by telephoning the number of that cabin it will not show you the first and second name of the person in there?

Or at least one of them.

Hmmm, as far as I can remember, this past june on explorer, the persons full name does come up on the telephone ID..

Yes, definitely sign up for Meet & Mingle and make a sign. We did ours with CC login names. Anyone who posts here should be at least reistering for M&M so there's enough people to have a RCI sponsored meet. Need 25 minimum. Then put up a sign when you get onboard. It's sort of interesting to see them in the hallways and know there are fellow CC'ers. Frankly also lets cabin steward know you are an informed cruiser who posts comments.

We draw the line at the M&M sign but for upcoming cruise my brothers and I (OK, probably our wives ;)) plan to decorate the heck out of our parents' door for their 60th anniversary. Anni is really in Sept. but Feb. is a much better time to get out of Minnesota. :D

WOW,thanks for all the replies. Didn't expect so many. We are travelling will kids and they love to do this. They always decorate doors when they are away at camps and I thought it would be a fun way for them to recognize each cabin. Thanks!

It will give us something to work on while we are waiting on our cruise to get here.

Exactly, this is our first time decorating doors and it helped pass time! We leave in a week!!!!! :D

May take a magnetic England flag and use but other than that I want the space and weight in my suitcase for our clothes etc!

I think hubby will find it all a bit tacky but he'll probably let me put up a flag of home!

I can't quite decide if there is a security angle to telling people you are out of your cabin....

• 8 years later...

I have always decorated our door and have used a scrap booking program for a scene then add little accents to it. One cruise several on our roll Call members spent a morning walking the hall retrieving their door items off others.  I never lost anything but on that one cruise did have some items added to it.