Hopefully, the Ultimate "Riviera Deck" thread... Quiet, Noisy.

maxxedout2

We had an upgrade from an AB mini to the infamous R411 on the Crown in January. We must have been very lucky because the only noise that we heard was muffled moving of chairs in the am and it lasted maybe 10-15 minutes...no problems with ping pong etc. ... sorry to hear of others problems with this stateroom but we had none..

....Wow, this is awesome!! You've discovered our favorite, R737.

I now see why those 700's are highly regarded.

I phoned Princess to see if the next cabin forward, 733, was available.

Those red dots on the deck plan are for more than

2 people only. I was told to check back one week before sailing

and if it wasn't booked they could switch us over no problem.

But, R737 should be great, we'll take good care of it. :)

Oh, this is our first 'inside' cabin. I/we are not prone to any motion

problems. In fact the more it rocks...the better I sleep, no joke.

Also want it dark in the room...once it gets light I'm up.

Gotta love these CC boards. So many reviews, opinions.

When I read a previous review that said, "I need dark to sleep well"

it gave me the idea to try an interior cabin.

Time will tell.

Later,

Maxx

:cool::cool:

Will 733 be much larger than 737?

Will 733 be much larger than 737?

Same exact cabin size, the only difference between the two will be that 733 will have two drop down bunks (that store away when not in use) and 737 will not. Quad cabins are no larger than doubles, they just have 2 extra top bunks. ;)

• 1 month later...
Thanks to the many interesting CC reviews (and reviewers) I decided to

book a cabin on the Crown's Riviera Deck. We liked the idea of being one

flight of stairs down from the Lido activities, pools, pizza and ice cream.

But which cabin? What about reported noisy deck chairs, early A.M. pool

deck pressure washing, MUTS, high-heeled-late-night Conga lines...you

name it?

Here's an animated .gif file combining the various areas of the Lido deck

with the cabins on the lower Riviera deck.

RivieraBluessm.gif

The illustration helps!

We are thinking about somewhere around R702 or R704 on Crown for

Caribbean Dec 2012.

Looks like a nice spot to be when the Mayan Calendar ends. :eek::eek:

Nice job on the graphics.

It's the center area that is the worst, where there is no carpet. The pool attendants start dragging deck chairs around at 6:02 AM (precisely and it was like clockwork) and about 5 minutes later you get the noises of chairs and tables being slid around on the hard deck.

Might as well have someone dumping a load of gravel on your bedroom ceiling. There's no sleeping through it.

We were in R333 on the Crown a few years back....swore to never ever ever book under the pool deck again. We sailed on her again the next year and got an inside cabin....a definite upgrade from the BB category on the Riviera deck. We were right under the Trident Grill and the deck chairs were only the 6 AM issues as the post above mentions. Worst room we have ever had in over 30 cruises. No sleep the entire cruise, which of course, lead to getting sick and then just misery from there on out. Lack of sleep can be devistating on the fun! Now, vacations shouldn't be something you regret ..... thought our cruising days were over. We have cruised several times since then but will never pick the riviera deck on Princess again (unless maybe, just maybe) it is under a carpetted area. Still nervous about that deck, though....makes the Aloha deck look like a dream.

jbu, thank you for info on cruisedeckplans.com. Great website!:)

I know from being on the Emerald that the door in the aft opens out to the terrace pool area. Does anyone know if you can use those doors on the Aloha to go up to the Riveria deck also? We have A747 on the Ruby and wondered if we could take this shortcut up to the Lido deck or will we have to go down the hall to use the staircase in the elevator area?:confused:

jbu, thank you for info on cruisedeckplans.com. Great website!:)

I know from being on the Emerald that the door in the aft opens out to the terrace pool area. Does anyone know if you can use those doors on the Aloha to go up to the Riveria deck also? We have A747 on the Ruby and wondered if we could take this shortcut up to the Lido deck or will we have to go down the hall to use the staircase in the elevator area?:confused:

No those doors are access to a crew stairwell.

Using cabin numbers on your map of the Crown:

Had R515 on the Emerald. Quiet as can be. No noise at all from above.

Had R745 on the Caribbean. Noise every morning about 6 AM from deck chairs being set up on deck above.

Had R749 on the Emerald (port holes on Crown, Window on Emerald, Balcony on Ruby) and it was also quiet as can be.

We recently enjoyed R415 on the CB to New England/Canada and loved it. I think the cooler weather played a large roll-fewer people above on the outside areas. We were not bothered by noise altho could hear chairs moving etc when on balcony. Never heard MUTS or late night anything ( older crowd, too)

We had R701 on Ruby in the Med. Booked it on advice from my mom who said the buffet gets crowded so it would be quicker to get foood and eat in the room. Loved the cabin.

Had little noise and the layout was very nice. We found it a fantastic location.

We stayed in the rear last year on the Emerald about 5 cabins back from the elevators. There is no noise from above becasuse it is the carpeted dinning area. You can walk right out the rear in to the small pool area. We liked it so much we are booked on the Crown Oct 30 in the same area. Also the rear elevators are just a few steps away. I guess if you are the very back cabins you may have some pool deck noise.

We will be on the Riviera deck also on our next cruise. Snagged one of the "secret" larger inside cabins, and I did it just because of some reviews and comments here on CC.

I would like to know other cruisers' experiences on the Riviera deck as well!:)

Can you share which ones are the "secret" larger inside cabins?

Not so secret anymore....this from a previous thread.

R403, R407, R507, R508, R514, R515.

Larger with a different layout.

Read somewhere that the 500's are quiet, the 400's are not as quiet.

Looks like a great central location...worth a try.

If you look at the deck diagram for the Emerald - look at R508, or R507 on Riviera deck. I have read here on CC that these cabins are slightly larger - and they look larger on the deck diagram.

Now, I won't know if it's really true - because I changed to one of the aft cabins close to the Terrace Pool when there was a big price drop. (Category II which is what the secret larger cabins are - did not drop at all! :confused:)

Those inside cabins that look larger on the deckplan are actually larger. We had one once. They are not as dark as the normal insides. The bed is close to the door and there is a vented area in the bottom of the door that lets in some light. I enjoyed the little extra room but I don't think I would book one again. I like the traditional inside layout better. But that's not to say that you would feel the same way. Sometimes different is good! :)

Had R725 last year... excellent access to the AFT pool, the AFT bar, Sabatini's, and the buffet.

We spent a great amount of time by the AFT pool so R725 was very handy for going back to the cabin for stuff.

At NO TIME did we hear anything from above and we were directly underneath Horizon. We heard nothing in the morning. Slept like babies.

We enjoyed the access to the AFT area... great for watching the sunsets, a glass of wine before dinner, ease of getting a deck chair, ease of returning to the room for stuff.

My GF liked the room so much she strongly requested we book the same room this year... in January we are in R736... other side of the ship but even closer to the AFT Pool.

Riviera Deck 700's are the way to go, IMHO.

My GF liked the room so much she strongly requested we book the same room this year... in January we are in R736... other side of the ship but even closer to the AFT Pool.

Riviera Deck 700's are the way to go, IMHO.

Hey - we're in R736 in January too! Hopefully not at the same time on the same ship!:eek:

One think i have learned, never book a room right under the pool decks.

We had a A Decl cabin on the Star Princess, right under one of the pool areas, forgot what number. But every morning around 5 or 6 the crew would start scooting the deck chairs. Kinda annoying

Archived