Can't bring water on Royal Caribbean

trizzou

"Water change"???

I doubt it has anything to do with their "systems".

Just curious, how do they handle the air change?:cool:

Lots of people can not drink the water when they travel. When I go to Paris, my I get a black mouth from the water.

When I go up north, (Canada) my tummy gets upset.

That said, I think a small Britia would be my option, but I am able to drink cruise wather without any issues.

So much for those who keep stating that the alcohol policy is to control drinking on the ship. It is all about money. The confiscation of water does not surprise me at all. Considering the mark-up on water and soda it only had to be a matter of time before they cracked down. First it was the alcohol now water and soda. Maybe soon RCI will confiscate cameras so that they can sell more of their over priced photos.

I think for awhile they WERE on the prohibited items list on either here or Carnival-- now they just confiscate power & extension cords!

Last year on the Monarch, I saw several people with cases of water after boarding, so I stopped one couple and ask if they needed for it for medical or some other reason and he said no, he always brings it on boat.

WoW what a change, I wonder if Home land security had something to do with it or RC needing to milk every cent to pay for the new ships.

Having said that, I would guess that security is being tighter at the ports as well, I think it is a necessary thing. Just think what might happen, if some one smuggled three cases of a explosive liquid on board. I always thought the security at Port Canaveral was a bit lax, but is was nice to have it the old way for a while.

I think the cruise lines should allow any beverages to be brought on board and charge $500.00 extra per person for the cruise for everyone. For heavens sake cruising is cheap let the cruise line make a little money.:o

I think the cruise lines should allow any beverages to be brought on board and charge $500.00 extra per person for the cruise for everyone. For heavens sake cruising is cheap let the cruise line make a little money.:o

I would happily buy my sparkling water on the ship but they do not sell what I drink. They also have very limited choices for diabetics so we will continue to bring sparkling water and caffeine free diet coke.

Yeah, that's weird. Sounds like someone got a phone call that said 'start confiscating water' and there wasn't time to let other crewmembers know about it. If that many people are carrying on beverages it starts to become problematic having to handle it. If one case breaks it's a real pain.

There's also the problem of disposing of the empty bottles. If all 2,000 or so passengers decided they had to bring their own water x 12 bottles each is 24,000 bottles that have to be shredded, etc. - in addition to the normal day to day waste the ship has to handle. If you've ever watched the "behind the scenes" type shows on the Travel Channel the parts about waste disposal are very interesting.

There's also the problem of disposing of the empty bottles. If all 2,000 or so passengers decided they had to bring their own water x 12 bottles each is 24,000 bottles that have to be shredded, etc. - in addition to the normal day to day waste the ship has to handle. If you've ever watched the "behind the scenes" type shows on the Travel Channel the parts about waste disposal are very interesting.

The ship has to dispose of my water bottle whether I buy it from them or whether I bring it on board myself.

I think perhaps the problem is that you had three CASES of water for your entire party- that is a bit excessive. I bet if you would have brought a couple of six packs they would not have made such a stink.

We always buy several bottles of water in each port and bring it on and no one has ever stopped us or taken it off. We also bring travel cups with us and Crystal Lite so we always have something to drink - the Crystal Light kills any bad taste from the water in the dispenser.

I am not sure if another cruise line wouldn't do the same thing if you tried to bring that much water on.

I think perhaps the problem is that you had three CASES of water for your entire party- that is a bit excessive. I bet if you would have brought a couple of six packs they would not have made such a stink.

We always buy several bottles of water in each port and bring it on and no one has ever stopped us or taken it off. We also bring travel cups with us and Crystal Lite so we always have something to drink - the Crystal Light kills any bad taste from the water in the dispenser.

I am not sure if another cruise line wouldn't do the same thing if you tried to bring that much water on.

Last month, they were bringing cases of water on board the Paradise. But then, I didn't see what happened afterwards. We always bring a few bottles in our luggage and have never had a problem. Last year in Puerto Rico we bought a gallon bottle in the store before we boarded and had no trouble. We put a luggage tag on it.

In general I agree with this. And to be fair...RCCL offers a pretty decent variety of drinks. I didn't find that to be the case on our Princess Cruise. :rolleyes:

In general I agree with this. And to be fair...RCCL offers a pretty decent variety of drinks. I didn't find that to be the case on our Princess Cruise. :rolleyes:

And I would agree with you also, however their variety of drinks do not include anything for people that are diabetic or have an allergic reaction to NutraSweet/Aspratame. This is where RCI needs to get educated.

Considering what I am paying for Oasis I could make the argument that they HAVE added $500.00 extra per person. So should I now feel free to bring with me whatever I choose to consume for the week?

The people at the port loaded it with our luggage without a problem(we had 4 rooms and 3 cases of water). Then it never showed up in the room with our luggage. Our attendant said there shouldn't be a problem and she would find it. Then she came back that we had to go sign for it at security. When we got to security we saw huge stacks of water cases and lots of angry people who were told they could have it on the last day. So basically it was the luggage security check that caught it but all the other staff didn't know we couldn't have it?

Sounds like they just didn't want to be bothered delivering cases of water. Like others, I've never had a problem bringing water onboard. However, a case would be an extreme amount for me personally for a short cruise. We usually pick up a 6-8 pack near the port. Same thing with small bottles of soda.

I agree with ignoring those who say "go away". Those posts are more annoying than someone venting about an unknown/change in policy.

Well I just got back from the August 16th sailing of Monarch of the Seas and want to make everyone is aware RC does NOT allow bottled water to be brought on board. Security will hold it and it will be placed in your room on the last night. If you ask to see a policy stating this they can not show it to you because it doesn't exist. I talked to a supervisor and two different managers and no one would do ANYTHING. I asked the food and beverage manager if he was willing to turn a happy first time cruiser into an unhappy first time cruiser over a $3.95 24 pack of water and he said there was nothing he could do. They said they would submit it to be placed in the paperwork and on the list of prohibited items so future cruisers would be aware. I even asked them to comp the smallest bottled water package they sell and they said they couldn't do that either. I REALLY wish my 1st cruise had been on one of the other cruise lines and I will NEVER sail RC again. The water was only one of many things.. I'll submit the whole review in the proper forum later.

So you are ready to never cruise RCI again because you were out of a $3.95 case of water and was mad the whole cruise about it????? Wow!

Archived