Set Sail "pass", hair dryer, electrical outlets

westlab

I printed the Set Sail form. I am listed as primary and my husband's name is also listed. Does he use this one with me listed as primary or does he need his own? I could not figure out how to print one with his name as primary. This is all OK with us, just want to make certain it is OK with Royal Caribbean.

Another question.. is there a hair dryer in room? We are in room 7666 (balcony)

Another question.. How many electrical outlets are there in a Cat E1 room?

On recent HAL cruise, I took a 3 way plug as there is only one outlet in the room. Each time, we came back into the room, it had been unplugged. We do need more than the normal outlet as we will be charging cameras/phones.

Mindy, who is getting excited!

Volendam 01

Osterdam 03

Voledan 08/10

Jewel of the Sea 10/10

One set sail pass will be sufficient since you booked together on one account. If you were going as a single with each paying their own way, then two would be needed.

Like the HAL, there is only one outlet in the stateroom with another one in the bathroom (head in nautical talk) for electric razors, etc. They do not like power strips and it has been reported that they will confiscate it upon embarkation if they find it. The stateroom attendant will just disconnect it but not take it. They view it as a fire hazard and it is not permitted but pax still do it anyway.

They have a hairdryer in the room. Being follicle challenged, I cannot comment on the efficiency of the hairdryer. However, I have read many posts of the fairer sex pretty much dissing the provided hairdryers. RCI does not permit hairdryers to be brought aboard so it must be smuggled in your checked luggage and not left in view.

One set sail pass will be sufficient since you booked together on one account. If you were going as a single with each paying their own way, then two would be needed.

Like the HAL, there is only one outlet in the stateroom with another one in the bathroom (head in nautical talk) for electric razors, etc. They do not like power strips and it has been reported that they will confiscate it upon embarkation if they find it. The stateroom attendant will just disconnect it but not take it. They view it as a fire hazard and it is not permitted but pax still do it anyway.

They have a hairdryer in the room. Being follicle challenged, I cannot comment on the efficiency of the hairdryer. However, I have read many posts of the fairer sex pretty much dissing the provided hairdryers. RCI does not permit hairdryers to be brought aboard so it must be smuggled in your checked luggage and not left in view.

Hair dryers , curling irons and straightening irons are all ALLOWED to be brought on, your info is incorrect.

To the OP the hair dryers are fine unless you have really thick or long hair. They are not super powerful and you will find it in the vanity drawer

This is my two cents observation on carried-on appliances.

Our group had 5 cabins, each with at least one adult female. All carried on their own hair dryers, curling irons, and straighteners. There was no issue at any time with any of these.

My befuddlement is with the "no irons" policy. Nearly all irons manufactured in the last 10 years are equipped with auto shut-off technology. Only a few of the above mentioned devices were so equipped, so it would seem they would be more of a "fire hazzard."

My niece routinely used her straightener to iron her slacks.

Please don't get the idea that I am arguing with the "no irons" policy.

I don't think RCCl bans them as an attempt to make extra cash in the ships' laundries. In-fact, I always take freshly laundered, unpressed shirts on board and sent them, first day, to the laundry for $1.75 each. Heck, I get ten shirts done for the cost of one "drink of the day!"

The hairdryers don't stay on unless you press a button on the handle, so be sure to bring some duct tape or a small hairband (the type for ponytails works well) if you have hair that requires extended drying time. This can hold the button in place.

I have never had one of these type. The ones I have always had are just your average hairdryer. Good to know that a hair tie will do the trick.

This is my two cents observation on carried-on appliances.

Our group had 5 cabins, each with at least one adult female. All carried on their own hair dryers, curling irons, and straighteners. There was no issue at any time with any of these.

My befuddlement is with the "no irons" policy. Nearly all irons manufactured in the last 10 years are equipped with auto shut-off technology. Only a few of the above mentioned devices were so equipped, so it would seem they would be more of a "fire hazzard."

My niece routinely used her straightener to iron her slacks.

Please don't get the idea that I am arguing with the "no irons" policy.

I don't think RCCl bans them as an attempt to make extra cash in the ships' laundries. In-fact, I always take freshly laundered, unpressed shirts on board and sent them, first day, to the laundry for $1.75 each. Heck, I get ten shirts done for the cost of one "drink of the day!"

The problem with irons is that the cruiseline cannot verify if you have an older one without the shut-off, or that the shut-off actually is working with the newer ones. The iron ban seems pretty universal (some lines have irons passengers can use, but they are probably inspected on a regular basis). With the ban being so wide, to me that indicates that it is probably a general requirement by the insurance providers.

On my cruise a couple of years ago, we didn't get our luggage delivered to our room right away. No one seemed to be able to find it until very late on the first night. We found out it had been confiscated. We knew we didn't have liquor hidden (this time) so went down to check it out. We finally found out that it was because of my hairdryer. No one could tell me why just that it had been confiscated. We went to Guest Services and after going thru a chain of people, was able to get it back. It was taped and tagged like a crime scene item :-/ .They stated that they reserve the right to be able to confiscate hairdryers/flat irons but no one would ever say why they took it in the first place.

Veronica

But they don't confiscate cigarettes & matches, which are definitely connected with Fire? Interesting!:eek:

Does RCI confiscate flat irons? I understand they don't allow irons for clothes but flat irons? What about curling irons? My hair is super frizzy (not attractive) without my special blow dryer. Is this a ploy to make you go to the salon and pay to have your hair done?

I am fairly low maintnence but I want to pretty up for dinner. Have grooming supplies gone the way of bringing your own booze, water and soda on board?

Does RCI confiscate flat irons? I understand they don't allow irons for clothes but flat irons? What about curling irons? My hair is super frizzy (not attractive) without my special blow dryer. Is this a ploy to make you go to the salon and pay to have your hair done?

I am fairly low maintnence but I want to pretty up for dinner. Have grooming supplies gone the way of bringing your own booze, water and soda on board?

You can bring your curling irons.

Archived