Stateroom Televisions

Lovincruisin1321

I adore cruising. I get a balcony cabin. I spend a lot of time in it relaxing and being alone, sit on my balcony, or watch TV and/or read. I write in my journal and just RELAX!!!!

To me that is the entire point of cruising!

Well said!! Although I don't get a balcony, I agree with the sentiment.

My favorite station on my last cruise was "View from the bridge". LOL. I know, lame, but it was awesome since we didnt' have a balcony, we still felt like we could see something. It was relaxing.

As for this thread, for some reason I recall seeing pictures of the nieuw amsterdam having wall mounted tvs not in the corner, so maybe you'll get your wishes on that ship. I'll find out in 17 days :-)

You are correct, I should not even have answered since it did not address the OP's question but I read this thread and the other one (which I am not responding too) about the decorations in the MDR and it makes me laugh that these are items that impact whether someone goes on a particular cruise or not. I guess I am weird, I consider things like cost and itinerary. But as they say, until you walk a mile in someones shoes you don't know why these items may matter.......:cool:

Kirk

Do the oceanview have a fridge in it?

That depends upon which ship you are asking about.

The Prinsendam, Vista ships (4), and Signature ships (2) all have a fridge in every cabin.

The S- (4) and R- (4) class ships have a fridge in every cabin with a balcony. The inside and outside cabins on those ships can rent a fridge for $2.00 per day.

Ever since we found out the room's have dvd players, my wife and I have been looking forward to spending one of the meals watching a dvd of a tv show we watch a lot at home while eating room service on the bed. To us, that's the height of pampering. We're looking forward to ports and everything to do on the ship, but sometimes you just want to relax. Not everyone's an extrovert.

Ever since we found out the room's have dvd players, my wife and I have been looking forward to spending one of the meals watching a dvd of a tv show we watch a lot at home while eating room service on the bed. To us, that's the height of pampering. We're looking forward to ports and everything to do on the ship, but sometimes you just want to relax. Not everyone's an extrovert.

I spend the year between cruises checking out the cheap $5 movies at wal-mart to find a stack I may like to see again. I include this in the cost of my cruise. Then, when I can't sleep at night or I wake up too early in the morning I lie in bed and watch a movie. Often my breakfast comes in the middle of a movie and it is great. I like to spend a lot of time on my own when I cruise (I do other things on the ship as well),, but I do love relaxing in my cabin when I feel the urge!!

We are with you!!

It is a rare occasion when we turn on the TV -- sometimes just to see the port as we are approaching it.

A few times when there has been some VERY bad news world wide that we wanted to catch up on -- and the Neptune Lounge was was already crowded with everyone wanting to see the larger TV.

I think the most time we ever watched TV was when we were on NCL when Princess Diana was killed in the car accident -- lots of coverage since we were in that area at the time -- and then of course the day of her funeral.

Just tell me I will be able to watch NFL Sunday Night Football on NBC.:eek:

Just tell me I will be able to watch NFL Sunday Night Football on NBC.:eek:

Don't count on it.

These are the channels that HAL ships get if the reception is good:

Channel 26 - On Board Services

Channel 27 - CNN -- International - based in london

Channel 28 - Shore Excursions

Channel 29 - ESPN

Channel 30 - Discovery

Channel 31 - TNT

Channel 32 - Bomerang (children's programs - some ared in Spanish)

Channel 33 - Explorations

Channel 34 - Movies 1

Channel 35 - Movies 2

Channel 36 - Film Festival Movies

Channel 37 - ESPN-2

Channel 38 - Port & Shopping

Channel 39 - Turner Classic Movies

Channel 40 - Ship Weather & Port Information (a technician came on board on Nov 22 and got this feature up and running)

Channel 41 - TV Guide - with background music of the 50's and 60's

Channel 42 - Music 1 - Classical

Channel 43 - Music 2 - Country

Channel 44 - Bow Camera - with background music of Jazz

Channel 45 - Aft Camera - with background Top 40 background music

BTW - I haven't been on a cruise line yet that has a large wall-mounted flat-screen TV in the cabin....have you??

Celebrity S Class...32" and above, interactive, swivel mounted. ;)

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pos=16

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=140&pos=5

Thanks! Already received another pic from "maxout" on one from RCCL. HAL also has the flat-screen TV's that swivel - but placed on the desk/dresser areas, and are quite convenient to move and very visible from anywhere in the cabin. Didn't realize that some lines had them wall-mounted, but it's nice to know!

Thanks for sharing your picture as well. :)

Thanks! Already received another pic from "maxout" on one from RCCL. HAL also has the flat-screen TV's that swivel - but placed on the desk/dresser areas, and are quite convenient to move and very visible from anywhere in the cabin. Didn't realize that some lines had them wall-mounted, but it's nice to know!

Thanks for sharing your picture as well. :)

luvs2travl...You're welcome. The large screen in the Penthouse

probably doesn't swivel, not sure, but all the 32" cabin tvs swivel, even in the inside cabins.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=138&pos=16

The pics belong to Andreas Depping. ;)

BTW, my in-laws cruise exclusively on HAL and rarely turn on the tv. ;)

luvs2travl...You're welcome. The large screen in the Penthouse

probably doesn't swivel, not sure, but all the 32" cabin tvs swivel, even in the inside cabins.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=138&pos=16

The pics belong to Andreas Depping. ;)

BTW, my in-laws cruise exclusively on HAL and rarely turn on the tv. ;)

DH likes to watch the Navigation Channel to find exactly where we are, what the sea conditions are, etc - we also sometimes tune to one of the music channels when getting dressed for the evening. Other than that - we so-o enjoy being away from cell phones and TV!

Nothing more relaxing than being on a ship and letting the world take care of itself for awhile. I doubt that it misses us much....;) :)

Thanks again, madelinerose ( a beautiful name, btw!)

I believe that our Equinox cabin had wall mounted flat screen.

We don't really watch much tv on board however we have two 'wants'. The first is anything but a heavier tube tv sitting on a counter where it can take up counter space, fly off, fall off if there is any rough weather, etc. The second...interactive TV w/the ability to review on line our on board charges . I have no doubt that all HAL ships will have this within a little while.

Archived