V I P Boarding

butterflysweeti

The rule of thumb is no, she will not be allowed to board with you, but you have two options, if she is older and needs to board with you they will likely say no problem, but she still will have to check in the old fashioned way. You could check in and then wait for her or go with her to check in and then board the ship/or wait to board the ship in the VIP lounge. If you arrive later and boarding is underway you might as well wait for her and then when she is checked in board the ship.

If she is younger and quite able in mind and body you also have the option of checking in/boarding and letting her check in and you can wait for her in the lobby until shes aboard.

have fun!

I have had it go both way's, we have been able to keep a group together and do the VIP and we have had to board with the main group in order to stay together. I think they are getting more strict on the VIP boarding as they are getting more and more platinum cruisers. I would plan to board with the main group to stay with MIL and be happy if you are allowed to go through the VIP.

From Carnival's FAQ's:

What is VIP check-in?

VIP Check-In Program

Priority Debarkation

VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

From Carnival's FAQ's:

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

What exactly does "share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest" mean? I mean, we have our rooms, so we will have our own documents... haven't set up my sign & sail account yet....

Also, can someone give me an idea of each embarkment process....

IE - Main entrance, what to expect, the process

& then the VIP lounge & also what to expect & the process

I really appreciate the help & advice :)

What exactly does "share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest" mean? I mean, we have our rooms, so we will have our own documents... haven't set up my sign & sail account yet....

What it means it the same credit card is used for you and all going through VIP line with you.

What it means it the same credit card is used for you and all going through VIP line with you.

I respectfully disagree, I think its only the CABIN that gets the VIP treatment if the primary guest in the cabin is a PLATINUM. Can't speak to certain cabin categories automatically getting the VIP treatment, however.

I would let her check in as usual if they dont say she can go with you, assuming she is able bodied... then usually they will let her sit with you in VIP and board with you.

But it does depend on how many VIPs are boarding at the time and checking in, if the VIP line is empty, they might say for her to just check in with you, it varys.

Hubby & I have a Suite, Mother-In-Law is staying solo in an inside stateroom. Since we have the suite, we are eligible for the VIP embarkement. Since MIL is by herself & travelling with us, will she be allowed to check in with us in VIP line? Thanks :)

Just show them you are VIP and that she is with you......more then likely she will board with you....

I respectfully disagree, I think its only the CABIN that gets the VIP treatment if the primary guest in the cabin is a PLATINUM. Can't speak to certain cabin categories automatically getting the VIP treatment, however.

If others are using the same sail and sign account as the platinum cruiser regardless of what cabin they are in.....they all board VIP.......

If others are using the same sail and sign account as the platinum cruiser regardless of what cabin they are in.....they all board VIP.......

Nope, since this is the first cruise for all of us, none of us are platinum. We are supposed to be eligible for the VIP checkin since we have the suite, rather than just a stateroom. Doesn't really matter if we get regular checkin or VIP checkin... just don't want to leave MIL alone.

She is not really old, but she wouldn't be comfortable with us leaving her, so we will all check in together. We won't all be on the same S&S (credit card). Thanks.

If anyone can describe the checkin process, I would love it!:)

My experience - March 2010 - Galveston - Conquest

I am Platinum and everyone in my cabin was able to check in at the VIP lounge. My son - who was sharing a cabin with my brother - and on MY sail and sign account had to go through the regular line (I told them he was on my account.. and they said "no").

When I got through with check in, I had to rush over to where he was checking in to give them my credit card. I was not happy!!!!

I am Platinum and everyone in my cabin was able to check in at the VIP lounge. My son - who was sharing a cabin with my brother - and on MY sail and sign account had to go through the regular line (I told them he was on my account.. and they said "no").

When I got through with check in, I had to rush over to where he was checking in to give them my credit card. I was not happy!!!!

Next time make a copy of Carnivals FAQ's and make them read it;)

If anyone can describe the checkin process, I would love it!:)

Get to the pier and give your luggage to the luggage guy.

Enter the building and put all your stuff through the scanner, just like at the airport.

Go upstairs.

VIP: Go the the VIP lounge, show ID and credit card. Get S&S and wait to board.

Non-VIP: Go to one of the reps at the long counter, show ID and credit card. Get S&S and wait to board.

When it's time to board, go up the escalator, get picture taken, walk to ship, ding S&S card, order DOD.

I stand corrected, Kurbanfan. How many people would one put on their Sail'n'Sign card, anyway? Are we talking about children in another cabin ? I'm hard-pressed to think of any other situation.

(I've only done it once, and I'll NEVER EVERdo that again):rolleyes:

Hubby & I have a Suite, Mother-In-Law is staying solo in an inside stateroom. Since we have the suite, we are eligible for the VIP embarkement. Since MIL is by herself & travelling with us, will she be allowed to check in with us in VIP line? Thanks :)

On Carnival we always do the suite. Dear cousin is always in the inside cabin across from as she is older, loves inside. Why upset anyone. She always goes with us to the VIP checkin and goes right through with us. Let see Conquest 3 times, Victory 2 times, Dream 2 times. Just our experience and we have never had a problem!

On Carnival we always do the suite. Dear cousin is always in the inside cabin across from as she is older, loves inside. Why upset anyone. She always goes with us to the VIP checkin and goes right through with us. Let see Conquest 3 times, Victory 2 times, Dream 2 times. Just our experience and we have never had a problem!

The only problem with this is normally the people without VIP check in have their sign and sail card at another area. This holds up the line for those that are really VIP status as the person checking you in has to go get those cards. If it is really busy I have seen them send the non-VIPs to the regular check in.

When my girls go with me and have a seperate room I put them on my sign and sail card as I am paying for it any way. Their cards are with mine and no hold up.

My experience comes from Galveston Check in and ALWAYS early... Before 11AM... We've checked in with a handicapped person and we've all stayed together for check in whether one or two cabins didn't matter...

Never qualified as Suite/VIP or Platinum... but will on the next cruise...

In NOLA, I checked in normally, but was allowed to board with a Platinum guest and her cabin mate, and she and I were only friends... not related or connected with S&S account...

Nope, since this is the first cruise for all of us, none of us are platinum. We are supposed to be eligible for the VIP checkin since we have the suite, rather than just a stateroom. Doesn't really matter if we get regular checkin or VIP checkin... just don't want to leave MIL alone.

She is not really old, but she wouldn't be comfortable with us leaving her, so we will all check in together. We won't all be on the same S&S (credit card). Thanks.

If anyone can describe the check-in process, I would love it!:)

Platinum or suite. We sailed from Ft. Lauderdale on 9/25 and had a similar situation. We had a suite, my mother and one daughter had an inside stateroom. I set up all the S&S accounts to point to my charge account. We had NO problem boarding. There was one minor adjustment, since they didn't show my mother on the same account, but a quick swipe of my credit card fixed that. We were on board within 30 minutes of arrival. Once we got on board, I went to the pursur's desk and set up all the S&S accounts the way we really wanted them.

Just secure HER Sail and Sign card with the same credit card that you secure YOUR Sail and Sign card....and she can board with you.

Once you get onboard....if she wants to change how her Sail and Sign card is secured...she can.

She can debark with you at the end of the cruise...no worries.....

If the same credit card was securing all the Sail and Sign cards....they should have allowed you to check in together....

that is the rule according to Carnival.

Sorry this port messed it up.

To the OP: ALSO...make sure the TA or PVP has your cabins LINKED....

Just be aware that some ports are more strict than others....

I don't know if any of your ships ever sailed out of Miami (where the Destiny sails from)...

they are the strictest.....

Archived