RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

For price comparisons, I use a site called Cruise Fish. Google it. It costs $1 per cruise. You tell it what cabin category you got and it will email you if there are any price adjustments up or down. No more having to set up fake bookings all of the time to check the rates. It was amazingly easy and saved my family $198 and I was able to tell friends on the same cruise and they saved as well. For the $1 per cruise, you can choose as many cabin types as you want for notices.

I excitedly rushed to Cruise Fish, and signed up. Then I discovered that the way you pay for the alerts, is to purchase "Alert Credits". The minimum package is for FIVE Alert Credits @ $4.95. Setting an alert request for one cruise costs only one Alert Credit, (good for as many email alerts as needed). Thus it costs $.99/cruise. However, since I feel fairly certain that I won't be checking on more than the one cruise I have booked for February 2015, I would have 4 unused credits, which would expire, so the alerts for my cruise would actually cost me $4.95.

Soap and shampoo are no longer standard, bring your own, we had none.

What category did you have?

They tell us to wash our hands to prevent norovirus, but they don't give us the soap t o do it? Not good.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Edited by knittinggirl

Hello everyone! My sister is booking a short cruise on Majesty of the Seas and I wanted to find out what is the best cabin to book. She is booking an oceanview room. Help please!!!

I also wanted to find out about the beverage policy. Are you allowed to take water? I read on their website that you are not, but everyone is saying that they take water. I did a while back. Can a recent cruiser please let me know.

Thank you!

Hello everyone! My sister is booking a short cruise on Majesty of the Seas and I wanted to find out what is the best cabin to book. She is booking an oceanview room. Help please!!!

I also wanted to find out about the beverage policy. Are you allowed to take water? I read on their website that you are not, but everyone is saying that they take water. I did a while back. Can a recent cruiser please let me know.

Thank you!

The beverage rule says no beverages other than the two bottles of wine, but they usually don't enforce the rule.

The beverage rule says no beverages other than the two bottles of wine, but they usually don't enforce the rule.

They don't generally enforce the rule for non-alcoholic beverages, but they do for the alcoholic ones. In other words, case of water = yes, third bottle of wine = no.

Bob,

You mean if me and my DH are in the same cabin, I can put two bottles of wine in his and my carryon???

Thanks

Just wondering

Bob,

You mean if me and my DH are in the same cabin, I can put two bottles of wine in his and my carryon???

Thanks

Just wondering

I wish! It's two bottles per cabin. Trying to double that,intentionally or not, has been hit and miss (more miss than hit, from what I've seen).

I think it's two bottles of wine per stateroom.

Avoid a cabin over or under the bar or pool. We had a JS right over the windjammer and it was pretty quiet. If you can get a room with a cabin above and a cabin below, that's the best.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Thank you!

Decks 5 and 6 have picture windows rather than port holes which are on the lower decks. Avoid deck 7 because thats where people canwalk by and look in to your cabin.

I wish! It's two bottles per cabin. Trying to double that,intentionally or not, has been hit and miss (more miss than hit, from what I've seen).

Thanks for the reply.

Just wondering:D

Not that I would ever try:eek:

Sea Ya

Holy Cow! I cannot believe after all these cruises I never thought to ask for this. Each night I remove the heavy comforter and use the sheet and a beach towel. Thanks! :)

The first time we did this we asked for the heavy bedding to be removed but neglected to ask for a replacement blanket. When we came back to the cabin that night, the bed was bare!:eek:

The biggest secret they don't tell you is that once you go on your first cruise you will forever hooked! It will be the worse sickness you will have ever experienced in your life and the only cure is to cruise over and over!

:D :p ;)

I agree with everything except its not a cure, its just another fix. LOL I get fixed as often as I can.

Holy Cow! I cannot believe after all these cruises I never thought to ask for this. Each night I remove the heavy comforter and use the sheet and a beach towel. Thanks! :)

We did this on our last cruise and it was so much better with a blanket. I hate those heavy comforters they put on the beds now. They are too much! Maybe if enough people complain about them, they will change them.