RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

A little glance into the future that RCI doesn't want you to see!

DD will be brought online fleet wide ASAP!

Then shortly thereafter the number of complementary options will slowly be decreased until about 24 months after full implementation there will be no complementary dining of any type on any of the ships!

All dining will be pay as you go!

And yes this includes the windjammer!!!

And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!!

If they do this I for one will never sail them again. That is just nuts. I hope it fails.

Tried to edit my comment above, but it was to late.

I read on CC the info on DD. I can't find where it says there will no longer be free dining anywhere. Where did you find the info? This is part of what is posted on CC.

"Called Dynamic Dining, the new program will give passengers a choice of 18 restaurants, of which seven will be fee-free for all guests: four full-service and three casual eateries. A new reservations system also will be used onboard so passengers can decide when, where and with whom they want to eat each night."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5804

A quick question.

When traveling on a B2B, if you purchase liquor on the first leg of the trip, do they give it to you on the last night of the first leg or wait until the last night of the second cruise?

Thanks

Not sure, but I do know if you buy liquor on last night you can take back to room then. Downside is the selection is low

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I read on CC the info on DD. I can't find where it says there will no longer be free dining anywhere. Where did you find the info? This is part of what is posted on CC.

"Called Dynamic Dining, the new program will give passengers a choice of 18 restaurants, of which seven will be fee-free for all guests: four full-service and three casual eateries. A new reservations system also will be used onboard so passengers can decide when, where and with whom they want to eat each night."

Don't worry. Another poster trying to spread their own personal agenda without any facts to back it up. The only thing that we know for sure is that RCI has officially announced DD will be coming to Oasis. Also un officially through many highly placed officers on board the freedom that Freedom will also get DD.

After that everything is pure speculation and personal opinion which there is nothing wrong with as long as it's stated as such and not tried to be passed off as fact.

Not sure, but I do know if you buy liquor on last night you can take back to room then. Downside is the selection is low

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Not always. At spring break they did not deliver on the last evening. Bayou had to go line up and get it at 7 am in the Sphynx lounge on the Liberty. What a pain that was. Typical knee jerk reaction. Punish everyone for the sake of the few idiots that ruin it.

A quick question.

When traveling on a B2B, if you purchase liquor on the first leg of the trip, do they give it to you on the last night of the first leg or wait until the last night of the second cruise?

Thanks

They are supposed to hold it until the second cruise but mistakes have been known to happen. Also as John&LaLa posted many times (other than at March Break) if you purchase it on your last night you take it with you.

Just ignore this poster. They join up every few months under a new name and spout troll-ish hate about everything. They make comments with nothing to back it up and have a seriously negative agenda. You'll find quite a few people block them as soon as the new ID is discovered.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow... Haven't been in this thread for a while. And look what I missed!

Another secret is the promenade room that has an obstructed view of the Ben & Jerry's cows rear end. Not sure if it's just the Freedom or the entire Freedom class.

The Ben & Jerry's sweet is on all three Freedom class ships: Freedom, Liberty, and Indy.

Have only made through about 1/3 of this thread. Are there refrigerators in all the staterooms? Thanks in advance.

There are coolers in all staterooms on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships.

I believe that Majesty and Vision class ships still have some staterooms without coolers.

Keep in mind that those coolers normally come stocked with "in room snacks and drinks". We always ask either the room steward or the personal taking inventory to remove them all prior to sailing so we have room for the "cooling" of our waters and Joan's white wines. :)

Many have reported that the room stewards will no longer empty the coolers.

Easiest and quickest is to just empty it yourself. We have done that on every cruise and never been mistakenly charged for anything.

^^ That. True for my past 3 cruises in the past 2 years. I actually make a point of emptying it when the cabin steward introduces himself and I explain what I am doing and thta I will NOT use any of it. Never got mistakenly charged.

Sometimes it is a challenge to get the items from the cooler. The steward has explained that only bar staff can do it. Other cruises the steward has placed the products on an upper shelve in the cabin.

On another cruise we tried to make room for our soda cans and were charged for items in the ice box. It required a quick trip to the ships desk to get this corrected.

Lesson learned - be careful removing items from cooler.

Many have reported that the room stewards will no longer empty the coolers.

Easiest and quickest is to just empty it yourself. We have done that on every cruise and never been mistakenly charged for anything.

Same with us. We tell the steward on embarkation that we plan to empty it and have done so for every cruise.

I have question about beds. My dh and I are cruising again after a 4 year break. DH sleeps in an adjustable bed, like a hospital bed that adjust the head and knees up. I am concerned that he will not be able to rest on the cruise because he has to be at a 45 degree angle for his head. Anyone know if RCCL has any thing they can put on bed to raise the head?

Thanks in advance.

Shelia

I have question about beds. My dh and I are cruising again after a 4 year break. DH sleeps in an adjustable bed, like a hospital bed that adjust the head and knees up. I am concerned that he will not be able to rest on the cruise because he has to be at a 45 degree angle for his head. Anyone know if RCCL has any thing they can put on bed to raise the head?

Thanks in advance.

Shelia

Talk to your stateroom attendant. Worst case is they can give you more pillows.

Thanks in advance.

Shelia

I would suggest contacting the special needs department for RCI, well in advance of your cruise. They may be able to provide the needed accommodation, especially if there is a medical certificate from a doctor.

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

My favorite secrets are these:

1. If cruising with kids, Guest services can disable their seapass's ability to be used to charge things.

2. Use your waitstaff as a resource. These individuals spend a lot of time at the same ports and can offer some of the best port information you will get.

3. If you or your kids are interested in Flowrider lessons (freedom and oasis class) do not book private lessons. Book group lessons. Group lessons have a max of 8 people and usually at least half cancel. We have done this on multiple occasions and have had a max of 3 others. Once my daughter had private lessons at the group rate due to cancellations.

4. Walk around outside late at night. The ship is peaceful and quiet. It is very relaxing.

5. The biggest secret is relax. Don't let rude people get you wound up, most people took vacation to get away from the daily grind. Getting upset only ruins your vacation, those who are rude are not bothered in the least by what they did to upset you.

When reboarding the ship from port, walk on by the first bank of elevators to the bank behind them. It looks like you are going into crew quarters or some place "off limits" but you aren't. Those elevators are usually quicker as a lot of people don't think about them being there.

Tucker in Texas

• 2 months later...