How to obtain deck plans?

ottmar

It means that if you are on deck 14, you don't have as far to go as you think. :)

...or Pam, as she slowly but ever so gracefully slips her bow beneath the waves you are one of the last off the ship with less distance to jump into the water :D.

Ciao for now!!!

Book a cruise. "Stewart" will leave a deck plan on your cabin's desk.:p

We are leaving on Saturday on the Crown, and I have seen the puny deck plans you get, the printing is too small to read, so used the deck plans from Vacations to Go, my TA, and Photoshopped them three to an 8.5x11 sheet with enlargement and that worked great, only decks 5,6&7, and 15,16&17.

Now I know where things are.

....Ott

We are leaving on Saturday on the Crown, and I have seen the puny deck plans you get, the printing is too small to read, so used the deck plans from Vacations to Go, my TA, and Photoshopped them three to an 8.5x11 sheet with enlargement and that worked great, only decks 5,6&7, and 15,16&17.

....Ott

I agree...the deck plans you're provided onboard aren't the best. I would definitely reccomend brining a good copy from online.

....Ott

Well, Ott, it seems you've found some good images of deck plans, but in case you're still interested - or for anyone else who might like to see any of the Princess deck plans, or other cruise lines - there's a great web site that's interactive. Here's the link:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

I've used it a lot, and it's really great. Nice big pictures of the decks, and once you've chosen a specific ship, you can choose a deck or you can click on the icon toward the bottom of the screen marked "Drag decks" and it will let you lay one deck over the other. That's helpful if you want to see what's directly above or below you.

Check it out! I think you - any of you who are interested - will find it helpful! Enjoy!

The cruise brochure has the deck plans for all the ships....a travel agent will have them, or you can get a brochure from Princess!

I can't even imagine booking a cruise without having the deck plans smack in front of me!

I agree - and I did not think much of the suggested website. If you print from Princess, you will get a lot of paper unless do a lot of phot-shopping.

I think the best idea is to stop by a TA office and pick up a Caribbean brochure. Inside the catalog, all the decks are layed out in technicolor on two pages. There is also a guide to all service locations throughout the ship on another page. Simply get the pages for your ship - or for all of them and then recycle the rest.

Well, Ott, it seems you've found some good images of deck plans, but in case you're still interested - or for anyone else who might like to see any of the Princess deck plans, or other cruise lines - there's a great web site that's interactive. Here's the link:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

I use that one as well. I use the 'Pack & Go' feature to print out just the decks I need - up to 5 on a sheet.

Personally I find the deck plans on the princess web site good enough for figuring where my cabin or cabins are in relationship to other things. I always check before finalizing booking.

I did worry about getting lost on my first cruise ship but have learned that even my kids seem to have no problem navigating the ship after the first 5' on them.

I'd never bother with printing out plans to bring but that is me.

I prefer using deck plans for all ships on Travelocity.com -- on home page, click on Cruises, then on Ship Finder, then scroll down to find your ship's name and click on last column on right hand side on blue ship (deck plans)!!

Don't like deck plans on Princess.com == hard to read, I think.

Archived