Ruby review Nov. 14-21. Ruby doesn't shine.

ruatha65

We were on the same trip! IT WAS GREAT! Great weather, great service, great staff, etc., etc.

We ALSO felt that the three dancing/singing production shows in the Princess Theater were among the best we have seen! Not to be missed!

BTW: what is the name of the 'family jewelry store'? So many to chose from!!!

It was Omni Jewelers. We never saw any production shows, but the David Katz illusionist act was surprisingly good. We also saw two comedians, one who juggled and rode a unicycle. Both were great.

Did you know that a human female can speak the words "I told you so" with just a glance?

OMG.....I'm still laughing at that one. And I'm wondering if your DW and mine might be related. I seem to get more than my share of that look. ;)

Thanks for the FANTASTIC review. Best I've read in quite some time!!!

We were also on this cruise, one of the best out of 24 cruises. I love the Ruby!!!! We did not go to the Crown, but we did go to Sabatini's and it was out of this world. I really could not think of even one thing to complain about. Great cruise.

I'll get to love her again next October.....:):):)

Bob

Mr. ruatha65,

What an entertaining review ! I know of several sitcoms on network t.v. that could use your talents immediately !

I do have one quick question if you have time...On the first night of your cruise when you and your wife ate in the Crown Grill, did you attempt to let your traditional dining room waiter know that you would not be attending diner that night, or did you just show up the second night in the traditional dining room ?

We too, would like to eat in the Crown Grill on the first night of our Ruby cruise, but don't want our traditional dining room seats to be given away.

Again, kudos on you very amusing review !

Yours very truly,

Billy

Mr. ruatha65,

What an entertaining review ! I know of several sitcoms on network t.v. that could use your talents immediately !

I do have one quick question if you have time...On the first night of your cruise when you and your wife ate in the Crown Grill, did you attempt to let your traditional dining room waiter know that you would not be attending diner that night, or did you just show up the second night in the traditional dining room ?

We too, would like to eat in the Crown Grill on the first night of our Ruby cruise, but don't want our traditional dining room seats to be given away.

Again, kudos on you very amusing review !

Yours very truly,

Billy

I asked my friend Icky if we should contact the DR staff, and he indicated that would not be an issue. I'm not sure if that meant Icky told them or that it wouldn't be necessary to contact them. We did cover ourselves anyway, since my in-laws were at our table, and they arrived early that first night and told Lorenz and Suppon we wouldn't be there. I would ask the dine line person if they could let your wait staff know.

By the way, I never mentioned this in my review, but the Lobster night was Friday, not the Tues or Thurs formal nights as we expected.

Thanks for the review. Who was the piano player at Crooners?

I am ashamed to say we never went to Crooner's. I think it was an issue of so many things to do, and not enough time. We are less the sip wine and watch a wonderful pianist people and more the smuggle rum into our room, get the Unlimited Kid's Package and mocktails, and then take the resulting concoction in a cup to a commedy show people.

I am ashamed to say we never went to Crooner's. I think it was an issue of so many things to do, and not enough time. We are less the sip wine and watch a wonderful pianist people and more the smuggle rum into our room, get the Unlimited Kid's Package and mocktails, and then take the resulting concoction in a cup to a commedy show people.

Until Dec. 19th - its Bert Stratton - he is great.

Archived