Jewel Alert...Robo Calls...Dec.5th Sailing now Dec.6th

jaja

Ann,

they did change the itinerary. This was an 8 day to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Tortolla. In changing the itinerary I mean that we arrived in Puerto Rico at something like 6 or 7 in the evening and left 3 hours later. They told us they would keep us at St. Thomas longer as a trade off.

We had a wonderful cruise (it was our 2nd cruise). And I will say to everyone who is saying NCL was VERY lax in contacting passengers that CCL contacted us directly (we use a TA). They called my home at 9 PM on a Sunday night to say the ship was delayed, please call them. When we got home around 11 (we were at a wedding) I called them and they told us what was up. When I called my TA the next morning as soon as her office opened, she had no messages from CCL saying what was going on.

What I wanted from them was 1/8th of the cruise fare since we missed one whole day and they didn't give it to us. This was a July sailing (when fares are their highest)

They also had 24 hours notice of the ship being late. You would have thought that gave them enough time to get some bottled water on ice for those of us waiting in that darn hot pier building. My hubby was walking on a broken foot (he said no way I'm cancelling for this foot) and I couldn't get any assistance (I didn't know back then about calling and saying you needed help).

I'm also not begrudging those here on the board who are ticked off. It sucks when you're vacation plans gets screwed up. NCL should have been much more diligent in contacting passengers. If they have also made an offer to refund your cruise fare then you have to decide what it the better solution for you: get your money back and schedule another cruise or take their incentives and go with the flow knowing you may only be stopping at one port. For us, we'd love to have a cruise that is all sea days but for others they REALLY want to see land.

RICH - my condolences and way to go NCL for seeing your post and getting you back on the cruise. Enjoy yourself.

Kathy

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Yes, I would have been upset in your situation as well. It's kind of funny, each cruise line seems to take turns on really stepping up to the plate for customer service in one instance, and then not in the next.

So Happy To Be Home In My Beautiful House And NOT Hearing "Washy Washy, Happy Happy Yummy Yummy!" CONSTANTLY while trying to eat breakfast....SO happy not to have NCL "Barkers" forcing Pub Crawl crap in my hand & then trying to sign me up for the money....Paying for the soda deal & the cup leaking everywhere~they didn't or couldn't find any cups for 4 days...so silly! Telling me I can't order a soda without the "cup" I paid for that they didn't have...running to all bars for days as they waste my time for a dumb cup...so stupid..Should be my worst issue in my entire life ...Boring Boring Boring...We make our own fun thank goodness... Not into Dora or Spongebob~that would be a Disney Cruise....And So Thankful being DONE WITH TASTING food that I'd have to describe as "This must be what death tastes like"....

My friends were waiting to celebrate my birthday in Nassau at The Atlantis~I'm not even complaining about it..I'm too beat....Booking 2 more vacays for Jan & June not on NCL...6 cruises & 3 were stressful..3 strikes they are out.. yay we are free... We tried NCL..we really did..6 times..only one was a great trip..bad odds..NCL you have jumped the shark...I love writing positive, good letters and I usually do for lots of people & companies...This site was saved to my AOL favorites & now I can delete...

Need a vacation from this "vacation"...

So Happy To Be Home In My Beautiful House And NOT Hearing "Washy Washy, Happy Happy Yummy Yummy!" CONSTANTLY while trying to eat breakfast....SO happy not to have NCL "Barkers" forcing Pub Crawl crap in my hand & then trying to sign me up for the money....Paying for the soda deal & the cup leaking everywhere~they didn't or couldn't find any cups for 4 days...so silly! Telling me I can't order a soda without the "cup" I paid for that they didn't have...running to all bars for days as they waste my time for a dumb cup...so stupid..Should be my worst issue in my entire life ...Boring Boring Boring...We make our own fun thank goodness... Not into Dora or Spongebob~that would be a Disney Cruise....And So Thankful being DONE WITH TASTING food that I'd have to describe as "This must be what death tastes like"....

My friends were waiting to celebrate my birthday in Nassau at The Atlantis~I'm not even complaining about it..I'm too beat....Booking 2 more vacays for Jan & June not on NCL...6 cruises & 3 were stressful..3 strikes they are out.. yay we are free... We tried NCL..we really did..6 times..only one was a great trip..bad odds..NCL you have jumped the shark...I love writing positive, good letters and I usually do for lots of people & companies...This site was saved to my AOL favorites & now I can delete...

Hope you enjoy where ever it is you decide. Come back and let us know how you like their "Barkers".

PE

Wow, leaking soda cups. I can't blame you for being pissed. Bye Bye

I thought you were deleting this site from your favorites ? Seriously, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise with NLC. If you have not sailed with the other mainstream lines you are in for a disappointment. They all "hawk" drink specials, B I N G O, spa treatments, and sur charge restaurants. As others have said good luck with your quest for a "perfect vacation" NCL will miss you.

Cruisebabe-

Here's an analogy...

You go out with "our brother", a cuple of times, and then go on his facebook page and say bad things about him, say you don't want to see him anymore and block his number.

Basically, most of us who frequent this board in the NCL section do so because we like them. Are you really surprised some people might comment?

Did you go back and read your own post? In fact, maybe out loud. Itdid have a certain tone to it... At least the way I read it... And others who read it must have thought so too. Sorry if that bothered you.

And who cares what anybody uses as their avatar? Mine is my favorite NCL suite on the Sun. It's what makes me happy.

Oh wow.... So sorry this trip did not work out for you. Our family has determined that we would never sail NCL unless we were in a full suite to get away from the circus envioment. - I agree with you that the classy days of NCL are in the past. Remember the "Norway"? Reading your posting is starting to make me re-think my up coming NCL booking on the Star. That little yellow trangle on the right side of each post can be your friend if you feel attacked or insulted. Please do let us know how you like your next cruise and thanks for sharing!

With all of your misgivings about NCL this would probably be a wise choice on your part. We all would like to see you find a cruise line that fits your needs and allows you to enjoy your vacation time because clearly NCL does not fit the bill.

PE

With all of your misgivings about NCL this would probably be a wise choice on your part. We all would like to see you find a cruise line that fits your needs and allows you to enjoy your vacation time because clearly NCL does not fit the bill.

PE

Wow.... Good Morning PE. You sure are up early in Colorado this morning. I am so pleased that you conitine to follow my postings and appreciate a different view point so much that you have shared your advise and thoughts with me. I look forward to sharing our different view points and thoughts. Make it a great day!

Yes' date=' I have cruised on Celebrity and distinctly remember bingo announcements as well as others.

PE[/color']

How long ago? Wasn't the case in the last two years . . . only one noontime announcement by the Captain and a short announcement by the CD. That's little enough not to be "barking" in my book.

How long ago? Wasn't the case in the last two years . . . only one noontime announcement by the Captain and a short announcement by the CD. That's little enough not to be "barking" in my book.

We were on HAL's Veendam this past October and we had very few announcements. Those lines do exist..HAL does not have an art auction so for starters all those announcements are eliminated..:D

Archived