Horrible Presidential suite guests

LOL liz speaking of umbrellas do you remember they gave them to the suite next to us??? I thought they were joking with us when they told us but they were serious..I told them at the very least they should have given them the britto umbrellas!!! You were on the ship with them this week too, did it happen again to them?

Hey Janet

I didnt get a chance to chat with Stuart & Sue this past week as I wasnt in the CL so much at nights so I dont know how things went for them.

I do know that the people who were in the PS this past week are really nice people so I wouldnt think anyone would have had a water/balcony problem on the 12/5 sailing.

Actually, I think I read on this board a few years ago that Captain Hempstead put a family off in Labadee from the Grandeur. They had terrible teens who were really rough on the Captain and probably cursed him out. It was a 3rd offense. If my memory is correct, it was a few years ago -- before earthquake and cholera. The RCI port agent helped them get to Port o Prince.

Correct. The cruise was over Thanksgiving in 2007 (I happened to be on the cruise). Don't know much of the details except at the Captains Corner the last sea day someone mentioned it and his words were (prettyy close paraphrase) were that they made the decision easy.

This was the second time on that cruise someone had been put off. A few people had been put off at the first port in San Juan.

Correct. The cruise was over Thanksgiving in 2007 (I happened to be on the cruise). Don't know much of the details except at the Captains Corner the last sea day someone mentioned it and his words were (prettyy close paraphrase) were that they made the decision easy.

This was the second time on that cruise someone had been put off. A few people had been put off at the first port in San Juan.

If I remember the posts I think that "make it easy" might refer to the teen cussing out the Captain as the final offense. I think I also remember people being put off in San Juan.

If my memory is correct, some excuses were made for the teens (probably by their parents) that the Grandeur did not have enough to keep them occupied. Too much if that was true!!

Captain Hempstead sounds like a good captain.

RCCL guest services, security, hotel management were all in our rooms every day, I dont want you to think they didnt take it seriously. I have to say they did an excellent job getting rid of and cleaning the water every time it happened, and like I said it happened two or three times a day.

They told us on several occassions that these people had been talked to, but I cant understand how security comes to your room, talks to you about your behavior and you continue it. I would have been afriad!!!

I have to say though it did make for some good friendships, we made friends with the cabins around us and on either side of the presidential suite, lots of great people, laughs, we all took it in stride. But they were staying for this week so I will be curious to see what they have to say when they get back. I am not sure if the people in the presidential suite were staying or not, I just know the people around them were.

I certainly beleive you but find it had to believe that they were ignorant and continued after being warned. They should of been put off the ship!

Walk the plank!!! Especially for throwing cigarettes over the balcony! :eek:

I sure feel bad that happened to you Janet, how was the cruise otherwise?

I certainly beleive you but find it had to believe that they were ignorant and continued after being warned. They should of been put off the ship!

Walk the plank!!! Especially for throwing cigarettes over the balcony! :eek:

I sure feel bad that happened to you Janet, how was the cruise otherwise?

I can believe it continued. There was some terrible behavior by unsupervisored teenagers and younger kids on our Thanksgiving Enchantment cruise. I'm talking about them hidding under the steps on deck 2 and screaming + grabbing peoples feet as they came down. Several days they had the garbage cans from in front of the elevators out in the middle of that area and were running from side to side attempting to jump over it (mostly not successfully.) As fast as security would break them up and leave they would be back at it. I actually was next to a couple in the solarium as the man chewed out his children for "hanging around." Boy about 10 and girl maybe 8. He told them "you could be in school but instead you are here with cards that get you anything you want on this ship. Your mother and I want to be alone. Get out of here and we don't want to see you until dinner time!" What a father, huh?

I can't count how many times the captain made an announcement to the parents reminding them that it is their responsiblity to supervise their children and the conduct policies would be enforced.

Please don't take your kids on a cruise if you are not going to supervise them.

I can believe it continued. There was some terrible behavior by unsupervisored teenagers and younger kids on our Thanksgiving Enchantment cruise. I'm talking about them hidding under the steps on deck 2 and screaming + grabbing peoples feet as they came down. Several days they had the garbage cans from in front of the elevators out in the middle of that area and were running from side to side attempting to jump over it (mostly not successfully.) As fast as security would break them up and leave they would be back at it. I actually was next to a couple in the solarium as the man chewed out his children for "hanging around." Boy about 10 and girl maybe 8. He told them "you could be in school but instead you are here with cards that get you anything you want on this ship. Your mother and I want to be alone. Get out of here and we don't want to see you until dinner time!" What a father, huh?

I can't count how many times the captain made an announcement to the parents reminding them that it is their responsiblity to supervise their children and the conduct policies would be enforced.

Please don't take your kids on a cruise if you are not going to supervise them.

ITA....the ship is NOT a babysitter! :eek: :eek:

Janet - OMG I would have been sooo angry, I can't believe how chilled out you seem to be about it all, you are obviously a far nicer person than me ;).

Our neighbours on the Oasis in September (who also happened to be Spanish) decided to party in their cabin one night. I put up with the noise until 2am when I called the front desk who sent security up immediately. Never heard a peep out of them after that for the rest of the week :D.

Why are some people so damn inconsiderate of others??? :mad:

Sorry you had to deal with such horrible behavior. Once upon a time, people who did have the means to afford better were cultured and would have behaved in a more dignified manner. Now, people seem to think "I paid my money for this. I can do whatever I darn well please. And if I paid more than you, I don't want to hear it."

From people who talk on cell phones in the theatre and/or carry on normal conversations at a normal tone of voice in the theatres TO people who allow their children to behave like wild animals- it is just astounding to me that people do behave this way.

I hope that, other than the disgusting pigs above you, you had a lovely vacation with good friends.

Sorry you had to deal with this behavior. Wow, we have a cabin booked right next to the Presidental suite. I did not realized this until after I booked and looked at the deck plans closer. All I could think about was - I hope that they don't have parties all night on their deck and keep us up.

Considering all the rules of the Guest Conduct Policy that those kids and their parents broke, I have to say that at this point (and I am loathe to be so drastic), I would be writing a letter with the firm expectation of receiving a refund. Throwing lit cigarettes overboard alone is enough of a safety issue that there should have been a no nonsense response by the captain/officers/crew. I know some of you will say, "But you could just go elsewhere on the ship and enjoy the cruise." That's true, but if we book a suite, we do so with the expectation that we'll actually be able to consistently and safely use all parts of it.

Anyway, I am appalled that nothing was really done about this during the cruise.

beachchick

I overal have a pretty good attitude about things, and I refuse to let people like that ruin my cruise, although I am very surprised RCCL was not more upset about the cigarettes considering this was an inaugural sailing..imagine if the kid burnt down the ship????

Believe it or not though none of what was going on with the flooding and rude guests upset me as much as the problem I had with my OBC. I had used some OBC from gift certificates and visa points and they were never applied to my account. We had to get a new booking id a while back and for whatever reason the credits were never transferred and even though I had copies of everything the guy at guests services was no help and told me I needed to go on the internet and get the old booking ID. I told him why do I have to waste any part of my vacation on a slow interenet doing his job? But I did because it was only way apparently to get my credits applied...now that made me mad!!! It took all four days of the cruise to get it straightned out and in the end, because I was not sure it would be I didnt spend that much money because I was waiting.

I figure RCCL lost out on that deal because I would have bought stuff on the ship had the credits been applied. I ended up just buying something in the britto shop and then cashing out the rest since I didnt get the credits until around 4 on the last day of the cruise and at that point I didnt feel like running around the ship shopping on my last night.

Yes, I've not made friends along the way but I'm only there to vacation, not make friends.:D.........

I hope as well you filled out your comments card and let them know what a nightmare this was. I feel so bad that you had to put up with this. I would have been 'royally' ticked had that been my cabin and I'm married to a Marine so it could have gotten ugly. (we are all about respect here)

Esmerelda

I have to disagree with you on two points... First is no big deal but when we go on cruises we like to to meet and make new life-long friends.

And second and most important is that I would hope that your Marine husband would stand by the phrase Semper Fidelis and always remain faithful to The Marines by respecting the fact that he is a Marine, whether or not he is in uniform and not disrespecting it by as you say "could have gotten ugly" just because your cabin had been flooded.

Things children will always do on a cruise:

Borrow motorized chairs if unlocked and charged.

Put garbage cans IN the elevators.

Get in an elevator at the top floor, hit all the buttons and get out.

Get in a full elevator and push all the buttons.

Splash water from hot tubs, bathtubs and anything that they are told they cannot do in their own home!

Touch the food in the buffet, pull items OFF the top of the pizza slices (oh wait adults do that too!)

Open ketchup packets and lead a trail to the bathroom...

And anything else they think they can get away with.

I think you hit on the word, Janet- ENTITLED. I have seen this behavior in lots of very wealthy or connected people. The more moolah/fame the worse the kids behave. They have learned over the years that their parent's $$ and connections insulate them from accountablility. There are some people with money who don't raise our children this way, but you won't notice them (which is a good thing!)!

That's why we "slum " it compared to what we could afford...the only thing that would make me madder than being near a group of unsupervised hooligans, would be paying dearly for the privledge.

Sorry your vacation was so upsetting, and I think this kind of negative event costs the cruise line more in goodwill/PR than if they had upset whoever this big wig was by calling them out at the time.

Archived