Horrible Presidential suite guests

Just got off the 4 day Allure Inaugural, we were in the Owners suite right below the Presidential Suite, cabin 11640, just in case these problems are still going on.

First of all we had the rudest guests I have ever met on a cruise above us, and I hope they read this because I mean it. They would leave their child who appeared to be around 13 in the room with his younger siblings who let them run rampant and what sounded like throwing furniture around. He also smoked and thru cigarettes off the side of the ship.

But believe it or not that wasnt the worst of it, they kept flooding our cabin, as well as the cabin on either side of us with the hot tub somehow. I never went up there but I was told they kept filling and draining the hot tub repeatedly. Personally I am not sure how that would effect us below I would have thought they would have had some type of drainage in the hot tub for allow for that, but three or four times a day our balcony as well as the people around us were flooded, with about an inch of water and all the furniture drenched.

We ran into the people who were on the side of them and they said they were wondering what all the noise was, they also said it sounded like they were throwing furniture around.

Many many complaints to RCCL, security to all of our cabins, people there to clean the water mess but it continued to happen. We were told that they were spoken to about all of it, but it never stopped, right up until 12:30 of the last night of the cruise when I had to call again to get the kids to stop making noise, it actually sounded like they were pounding on the floor, I was wondering if it was on purpose for all of our complaints.

I dont care if you spent more money then all of our us on the cruise for that room, it did not entitle them to act like they did.

Ok I got that out..but I am curious if the water will continue to be a problem.

Our poor neighbors were never home the first two days so they had no idea what had happened until they ran into us in the concierge lounge. They really had the worst of it their cabin was flooded way more than ours.

And it wasnt adam sandler in the room, he had the room for the two weeks prior and had left that day, it was a family with 3 kids.

Considering that it was the inaugural, they must have been somebody important to get the room. Maybe that is way the ship staff wasn't taking care of the problem.

thats terrible to have your cruise spoiled. we had a water issue on the carpet in junior suite 8648.could not tell where it was coming from.housekkeeping used the water vacuum but it the water reappeared the next day.i was uncomfortable with the water issue as it was squishy underfoot. however, what happened with your cabin is awful.

It wasnt any big wig, it was a family, we ran into them several times, they were in giovannis the same night we were.

As for the hotel director, or we talked to them several times believe me, cant tell you how many times we came back to our cabin to find them already their because our neighbors had called because of the flooding

I wonder if a 4:30 AM visit to their cabin when the parents were sure to be there sleeping it off would have made a difference? Sometimes inconveniencing the parents gets them to deal with the kids.

Just a thought; too late, I know.

I think I would have done this, or at least gone out in the ship somewhere around that time and started calling every morning.

curious... do you think the water could have somehow seeped down to deck 8 cabin 8648 which is directly below your neighbors and your cabin up on deck 11? never figured out where the water was coming from.

I would not say it was impossible, it was a lot of water. This is how we were describing it...you know the kids water park where the water is coming down to run under...it was like that...and it was just running off the side so its possible it could have made its way further down.

We laughed about all the possibilities of things we could do to them. We were all pretty mad about the kid throwing cigarettes over. At one point he leaned down and had the nerve to ask us what type of cabin we had..in other words implying he had a more expensive one and could do what he wanted. My roomate told him its none of his business!

I would not say it was impossible, it was a lot of water. This is how we were describing it...you know the kids water park where the water is coming down to run under...it was like that...and it was just running off the side so its possible it could have made its way further down.

We laughed about all the possibilities of things we could do to them. We were all pretty mad about the kid throwing cigarettes over. At one point he leaned down and had the nerve to ask us what type of cabin we had..in other words implying he had a more expensive one and could do what he wanted. My roomate told him its none of his business!

I had a little snot ask me the same thing on NCL Jewel! He and his 5 cousins were in the Garden Villa..3000 sq feet. I was in a lowly Courtyard Villa. Thee little brats had taken over the courtyard by day 1, were spitting drinks, eating cookies in the pool, throwing danish in the pool. Never saw a parent. One of them decided to jump into the pool, which is tiny pool and almost landed on my little guy. I went ape poopie...they saw management...there were no more cookies, danish or jumping. But I DID get to have lots of icy glares! And it was worth it.

I don't understand why RCI did not take this very seriously...

I've come to learn that video and film can be the best thing at certain times. I would have done a video every night that this occurred so the racket could have been clearly proven.

I've found as I've aged that car rental lots hate video cameras (as I always do a quick video of the car I'm renting and zoom in on any blemish I spot) as well as porters in Miami hate cameras as they attempt to extort money from you because they 'are the last folks' to see your luggage. Snap...:)

Yes, I've not made friends along the way but I'm only there to vacation, not make friends.:D

I hope as well you filled out your comments card and let them know what a nightmare this was. I feel so bad that you had to put up with this. I would have been 'royally' ticked had that been my cabin and I'm married to a Marine so it could have gotten ugly. (we are all about respect here)

Esmerelda

RCCL guest services, security, hotel management were all in our rooms every day, I dont want you to think they didnt take it seriously. I have to say they did an excellent job getting rid of and cleaning the water every time it happened, and like I said it happened two or three times a day.

They told us on several occassions that these people had been talked to, but I cant understand how security comes to your room, talks to you about your behavior and you continue it. I would have been afriad!!!

I have to say though it did make for some good friendships, we made friends with the cabins around us and on either side of the presidential suite, lots of great people, laughs, we all took it in stride. But they were staying for this week so I will be curious to see what they have to say when they get back. I am not sure if the people in the presidential suite were staying or not, I just know the people around them were.

Just got off the 4 day Allure Inaugural, we were in the Owners suite right below the Presidential Suite, cabin 11640, just in case these problems are still going on.

Janet...I totally sympathize with you. I am pretty patient with most little things on board, but loud, inconsiderate, obnoxious people are a huge pet peeve of mine. I can't stand inconsiderate neighbors, and people like that make me blow a gasket! Sorry you had to endure that, especially having your OS experience ruined.

I think that rudeness and obnoxious behavior is on the rise.

Yes I agree, and unfortunately when you are confined to a singular place (like a ship) for days with several thousand people, the chances of running into this behavior are only multiplied.

While the live and let live attitude looks great on paper, sometimes the reality falls short of its utopian desire.

I'm mad for you! YOU paid for a suite as well (I've heard... owner's suites ain't cheap), so I fail to understand how they wouldn't try to kiss up to you as well. Just because your suite wasn't as expensive? Ridiculous. Plus, there are two entire levels of suites "above" presidential, so it's not as if they were the top dawgs, either.

Videotaping would have been a good idea. Then you could send it to Adam Goldstein and ask CC to post it on the front page.

I also cannot fathom why the staff would allow their behavior to continue considering they had to come and clean it up multiple times per day!!!! If I were security, I would have given those kids mops and buckets and had them get to work.

So sorry to hear that this happened to you. I'm a firm believe that respect be given to everyone, regardless of financial well-being. Shame on those guests! I'm glad to hear that you didn't let it ruin your vacation. :)

I've come to learn that video and film can be the best thing at certain times. I would have done a video every night that this occurred so the racket could have been clearly proven.

I've found as I've aged that car rental lots hate video cameras (as I always do a quick video of the car I'm renting and zoom in on any blemish I spot) as well as porters in Miami hate cameras as they attempt to extort money from you because they 'are the last folks' to see your luggage. Snap...:)

Esmerelda

What a simple, but excellent idea! I will have to do this next time. :)

Archived