Horrible Presidential suite guests

Whats funny is if you know me I am a big video taper, but for some reason I didnt video tape this. I think it was because we really had no problem proving what was going on and several times they were actually in our cabin when the flooding would start again so I know that RCCL saw it personally.

I am definitely one to take things in stride and not let it bother me, I was more mad at the people being rude and causing these problems. At the end I was wondering if RCCL had actually talked to them or just said they did.

Adam goldstein was on the ship so I am sure he was aware of it. When we went to giovannis table for dinner I saw the family sitting there and for a moment thought we were going to have to sit near them. We had made friends with the maitre d and he asked us what was going on and we started to tell him when he said he had already heard about it, so I am sure if he had heard about it Adam had too!

It really bothered me though when on the last night at 12:30 at night they started again, I called security myself that night and it did stop so they must have went up and said something to them, but I just cant believe people think because they paid a lot of money they can act any way they want.

I have to say RCCL was very lucky to have such good natured people in all the cabins effected. Like I said we had all made friends and were laughing and joking about it all but it could have been an entirely different situation with others who may not have handled it so well.

this is probably not politically correct, but do you think that the cabin occupants above you were invited guests which might be a reason why the behavoir was tolerated by management?

I would think the answer is yes! Why else would RCL allowed them to remain on board after all the complaints received and they continued with the same behavior/ They should have been put off at the nearest port. Throwing cigarettes over the side is very dangerous for the entire ship and should not have been treated lightly by RCL.

New ship damaged by a bunch of ill manner kids with absentee parents -- had to be someone with high connections.

Most unfortunate for the other cabins located around them who had to deal with the water damage and the noise. You would think RCL have contacted them by now and offered something to them for all they had to endure.

MARAPRINCE

OP, I am totally on your side. Just a question: instead of beating your head against a wall by the third complaint, why didn't you insist that you be moved to a different cabin and politely but persistently insist with the Hotel Manger that you receive remuneration for your trouble?

After awhile enough is enough. And don't let them give you the line that the ship is totally booked. They always leave a certain number of cabins available for incidents such as this.

There was no where to put them off, this was a four day cruise that only went to labadee...believe me I agree with that.

No they never offered us anything, and as for switching cabins..where...they had 3 owners suites flooded and the other higher cabin categories were full and we werent going to downgrade.

To be honest, we were having a great time on the the cruise and just refused to let it bring us down, it was just easier then letting it get to you and ruining your trip. I met some of the nicest people on this cruise, I would do another inaugural again in a heartbeat. There were over 1900 diamond and diamond plus on the cruise, it was nice cruising with experienced cruisers, meeting them, sharing stories...it was a great cruise, and people like this were not going to ruin it for us.

I was just talking about it today with my roomate, she was a little surprised that rccl never offered us anything, but at this point its over and I do have to say they were at our cabin several times apologizing, and constantly keeping us updated. They cleaned up every single time it happened very quickly so at least we didnt have to have the mss constantly

I always think of 10 wonderful things I could have done - way after the opportunities have passed. It would have been fun to take the cigarette butts back to the 13 year old (with the parents present, of course) and tell him innocently "I think you lost these."

Given it was a 4 day to Labadee where putting them off would have been a bit more difficult, i wonder if there were scheduled for the following week, were they kicked off on turn around day? That would have been an interesting site to see.

As for the cig butts over the side...it's not just dangerous and against RCCL policy, throwing trash into the sea is illegal...that kid should have been tossed over the side to go clean up his trash. :rolleyes:

Glad you had a nice cruise despite the difficulties.

I would think the answer is yes! Why else would RCL allowed them to remain on board after all the complaints received and they continued with the same behavior/ They should have been put off at the nearest port. Throwing cigarettes over the side is very dangerous for the entire ship and should not have been treated lightly by RCL.

New ship damaged by a bunch of ill manner kids with absentee parents -- had to be someone with high connections.

Most unfortunate for the other cabins located around them who had to deal with the water damage and the noise. You would think RCL have contacted them by now and offered something to them for all they had to endure.

MARAPRINCE

Was their last name Goldstein or Fain? ;)

Was their last name Goldstein or Fain? ;)

Unfortunately, this was my first thought - I am a horrible person:eek::eek::eek:

Has to be someone 'special' to be in the Presidential Suite on an Inaugural surely? Shame the OP didn't find out a name!!

LMAO you know before we called for the first time we wondered that too.. I was like crap we cant turn in adam goldsteins kids! But it definitely wasnt them...they were speaking spanish

Probably family of a financial backer or relatives of Spanish cultural mission/trade commission or the like.

MARAPRINCE

I know you are over this, but I would write to RCL about it. "You paid for your cruise, and if the offenders did or din't isn't realy an issue.

What is an issue is that security and managment failed to stop the ongoing continuous behaviour. Even if the flooding occured due to a plumbing fault, you should at least have some sort of FCC or something as your crusing experience was marred by their service failure.

I realise you can't put off a family in Labadee- it isn't i think legal for anyone to enter Haiti from there. But they could have been forced to leave their cabin and put in inferior cabins at the very least.

Most unfortunate for the other cabins located around them who had to deal with the water damage and the noise.

Indeed. If they were too important to offend by putting off the ship, I'd at least think hotel management would be concerned for the condition of their furnishings. Providing a complimentary "teen ambassador" as a "gesture of how Royal cherishes their business" from the burliest most experienced teen club staff would have been worth it to save the new room for the guests after them. Or perhaps they just expect their nicest rooms to be trashed by inconsiderate people?

I know you are over this, but I would write to RCL about it. "You paid for your cruise, and if the offenders did or din't isn't realy an issue.

What is an issue is that security and managment failed to stop the ongoing continuous behaviour. Even if the flooding occured due to a plumbing fault, you should at least have some sort of FCC or something as your crusing experience was marred by their service failure.

I realise you can't put off a family in Labadee- it isn't i think legal for anyone to enter Haiti from there. But they could have been forced to leave their cabin and put in inferior cabins at the very least.

If there were plumbing faults with the hot tub, the normal action would be to put it out of use.

There is a brig on board!! Had to be someone special - if not surely someone would have taken action. Had it been me, I would have found Adam or Richard Fain!!

If there were plumbing faults with the hot tub, the normal action would be to put it out of use.

There is a brig on board!! Had to be someone special - if not surely someone would have taken action. Had it been me, I would have found Adam or Richard Fain!!

Or....organized the guests in the other affected cabins and go as a group to the front desk and take it up to the highest level...ask to speak with "Adam" and question whether this is the way they intend to treat "non-important = regular guests" on this ship going forward. If so, he better count on losing customers to rival lines.

Safety didn't seem to be a major concern either. With water spewing all over, it could have hit some electric lines and caused a fire. Or, the cigarette thowing teen could have caused a fire. What were the security cameras picking up, I wonder?

MARAPRINCE

Or....organized the guests in the other affected cabins and go as a group to the front desk and take it up to the highest level...ask to speak with "Adam" and question whether this is the way they intend to treat "non-important = regular guests" on this ship going forward. If so, he better count on losing customers to rival lines.

Safety didn't seem to be a major concern either. With water spewing all over, it could have hit some electric lines and caused a fire. Or, the cigarette thowing teen could have caused a fire. What were the security cameras picking up, I wonder?

MARAPRINCE

Security cameras are setup to only record static when recording VIP guests. Plausible deniability.;)

Brig? When have ehty ever put wpople int he brig (ie paying Pax)? Even in the cases of possible homicide and some bad behaviors I have always hear of them being forced into a 'house arrest' and being confined to their cabin?

But I guess we agree in that there were other options avialble to mangament and security that weren't used- just like towel draping chair hogs only occasionnaly get caught out.

RCCL guest services, security, hotel management were all in our rooms every day, I dont want you to think they didnt take it seriously. I have to say they did an excellent job getting rid of and cleaning the water every time it happened, and like I said it happened two or three times a day.

They told us on several occassions that these people had been talked to, but I cant understand how security comes to your room, talks to you about your behavior and you continue it. I would have been afriad!!!

I have to say though it did make for some good friendships, we made friends with the cabins around us and on either side of the presidential suite, lots of great people, laughs, we all took it in stride. But they were staying for this week so I will be curious to see what they have to say when they get back. I am not sure if the people in the presidential suite were staying or not, I just know the people around them were.

I think you were amazing in that you didn't take the issue further. I hope you are writing a succinct, non-screaming (if you know what I mean) letter to RCI.

IMO, they did not take the problem seriously enough. It's not enough to keep coming to clean up water or "talk" to the family/kids if nothing changes. Your property could have been damaged and your cruise was quite negatively affected by this behaviour. And it wasn't just you.

I don't give a...um...fig if they were the biggest VIP family on the planet. They clearly broke the terms of the Guest Conduct contract. Sure, they deserved to have warnings, but the captain should have enforced the terms of the contract and removed the family after the third reported incident. Period.

Some people are just unbelievable! I hope your next cruise is much more relaxing and that your neighbors are a pleasure and not a PITA.

beachchick

Actually, I think I read on this board a few years ago that Captain Hempstead put a family off in Labadee from the Grandeur. They had terrible teens who were really rough on the Captain and probably cursed him out. It was a 3rd offense. If my memory is correct, it was a few years ago -- before earthquake and cholera. The RCI port agent helped them get to Port o Prince.

I was one of Janet's room mates on this cruise and although we had a great time this water problem was a flipping pest. Everytime I went back to the suite and went out on the balcony in the afternoon the water would start coming down. I worked out that the parents went off and left the kids in the pres suite and then the water started coming down.

We always knew when the kids were there alone by the water and the noise. Chairs being thrown around, music being played loudly and then the water pouring down onto ours and neighbours balconies.

We could not sit out on the balcony we paid a lot for as everything was soaking wet.

Every day we had to go and report what was happening...either we went to the Concierge or our steward or Guest Services. Sometimes it was 4 or 5 times a day/night. We did think about trying to find umbrellas and boots so we could actually go out on the balcony without getting soaked through lol

Although the staff onboard were great about cleaning it all up and coming to check it out each time we let them know what was happening...it would have been nice to have actually got a proper explanation/apology for what we had to put up with.

LOL liz speaking of umbrellas do you remember they gave them to the suite next to us??? I thought they were joking with us when they told us but they were serious..I told them at the very least they should have given them the britto umbrellas!!! You were on the ship with them this week too, did it happen again to them?

Archived