CD Richard Joseph - comments?

spyro1952

The best of all of them. He has spent his entire life on or around ships and knows his stuff. Out of all of the Princess CD's, I'd prefer to sail with him. Check out his website; do a Google search for Richard Joseph. He's not the best singer, dancer, joker, etc. But then he's not primarily an entertainer masking as a CD. He's a Cruise Director through and through.

Just got our 14 day pre-cruise email for IP sailing 12/30. Has anyone sailed with CD Richard Josephs? Comments appreciated! :D

You have the BEST! We just got off the Sapphire last month; Richard was our CD for all of our nine weeks aboard. He is everywhere; up close and personal with everyone and always seems to have time to answer any question. I think his day has 36 hours instead of our 24.

You have the BEST! We just got off the Sapphire last month; Richard was our CD for all of our nine weeks aboard. He is everywhere; up close and personal with everyone and always seems to have time to answer any question. I think his day has 36 hours instead of our 24.

Pia, when I grow up, I want to be just like you and take 9 week cruises!! Actually, after I read Pam's post I went to his web site and saw a picture of him on the Oceanic back in the 70's. My parents took me on that ship right about that time but I don't remember him. Hopefully, he will do his history of cruising talk. Thanks for the great info. Now I'm really excited.

Thanks OP for asking this question and everyone for all the replies. We're sailing on the Island on Monday and looking forward to having Richard as CD - his cruise ship presentation really sounds great.

Pia, when I grow up, I want to be just like you and take 9 week cruises!! Actually, after I read Pam's post I went to his web site and saw a picture of him on the Oceanic back in the 70's. My parents took me on that ship right about that time but I don't remember him. Hopefully, he will do his history of cruising talk. Thanks for the great info. Now I'm really excited.

He must have been really young, because he was born in 1951. Richard tells us he first went to sea at age 15.

And BTW, you got a much earlier start than I did. Our first cruise was in 1980 and the next one not until 1986. You need to work up to those 9 weekers (a first for us). :D

He must have been really young, because he was born in 1951. Richard tells us he first went to sea at age 15.

And BTW, you got a much earlier start than I did. Our first cruise was in 1980 and the next one not until 1986. You need to work up to those 9 weekers (a first for us). :D

Hi Pia, Richard and I are about the same age. My very first cruise was on the Homeric in 1970 and then a few years later on the Oceanic. My parents were avid Princess cruisers since the mid 70's with an Alaska cruise and fell in love with the line. I returned to cruising kicking and screaming (I did not want to go) in 1997 for my first Princess cruise as it was my parents 50th and they took the kids to celebrate. I've been cruising since and loving it.

Like you say, I'm working up to those 9 weekers :D

We are currently on the Island docked in Aruba after going thru the Canal. Richard is our cruise director. He is WONDERFUL! He is indeed very funny and very personable. I would love to sail another cruise with him.

Thanks, I'm really excited as it's cold here in CO today. Can't wait to meet Richard as everyone has raved about him. Was the canal really flooded?

I very much appreciate the kind comments posted here. I have made some wonderful friends over the years from the Cruise Critic community!

Pia, it was great sailing with you and Mike this fall - have a great cruise on the Star you will LOVE South America! BUT - in the knife in the heart department....... I was born in 1959 not 1951! (ouch!) Life is already moving way to fast without the extra 8 years you have bestowed upon me.(lol)

My assignment for 2011 is Island Princess and I am very excited to return to this wonderful ship, as I have not had the pleasure of sailing aboard her for the last four years. I will be on board through mid-February, then back again mid-April until mid-August, and rejoin mid-October for the remainder of the year.

Thanks again everyone and thanks for your continued support of the wonderful Princess product!

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for an amazing 2011!

Richard Joseph

I very much appreciate the kind comments posted here. I have made some wonderful friends over the years from the Cruise Critic community!

Pia, it was great sailing with you and Mike this fall - have a great cruise on the Star you will LOVE South America! BUT - in the knife in the heart department....... I was born in 1959 not 1951! (ouch!) Life is already moving way to fast without the extra 8 years you have bestowed upon me.(lol)

My assignment for 2011 is Island Princess and I am very excited to return to this wonderful ship, as I have not had the pleasure of sailing aboard her for the last four years. I will be on board through mid-February, then back again mid-April until mid-August, and rejoin mid-October for the remainder of the year.

Thanks again everyone and thanks for your continued support of the wonderful Princess product!

Richard Joseph

Hi Richard, we sailed with you (I think on the Grand in January of this year). You had us when you said you were from Goshen, a small town in Connecticut. We had never sailed with a CD form our home state before and it was a treat. We are on the Island in January 2011 and look forward to sailing with you a gain. Shelly

Without question the best cruise director that we have had in our 8 Princess cruises. I wish we had him for every cruise. Also, he ran the best trivia games ever!! :) Lots of prizes and contestant involvement!! What a wonderful person he is.:rolleyes:

OMG! I know you were born in '59. That was a definite typo. Please forgive me. I would hate for you to have added 8 year to my age. :eek:

Richard Joseph

Mea Culpa. :D

Richard Joseph

Richard, I sure hope that you are our CD when we're on the Star in Mar /12 From Santiago to San Francisco. Would make the cruise perfect:D.. Had such a great cruise with you last fall on the 30 day Sidney to LA.

Have a great xmas and even better New Year!!!

Richard, I sure hope that you are our CD when we're on the Star in Mar /12 From Santiago to San Francisco. Would make the cruise perfect:D.. Had such a great cruise with you last fall on the 30 day Sidney to LA.

Have a great xmas and even better New Year!!!

Richard won't be on the Star. In March he's home and then back to the Island in April for the rest of the year.

Archived