Beginning planning for 2012?

Shooraq

Alright, with the New Year upon us, we now get to look at upcoming releaseed itineraries for 2012! Since it's my 5th wedding anniverasry year, I want to make it special and do something like Greek Isles or British Isles. This time around I'm going to compare Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises to find the right itinerary and ship for me and DH.

What are other people planning for 2012? :D

We want to do an Alaska cruise (itineraries TBA) and treat DMIL and DFIL-- we've talked about cruising so much, they want to try it! They're in their late 70's and early 80's-- she doesn't want to fly, he doesn't want to drive, we don't have enough vacation time to drive them there and back. Option 1-- I drive them out the week before, DW flies out the day before and drives them back the week after, I fly back right after. Option 2-- same as above but she drives them out and I drive them back. Option 3-- they take Amtrak out and back, allowing plenty of time for delays. At least we have some time to work out the details.

This week I announced to my family (Mother, siblings, brothers in law, neices and nephews - 12 of us altogether) that I'm taking them all on a Caribbean cruise in 2012! They all get to pay for airfare, but I'll pick up the cruise. I have an amazing family and want to do something special while my Mom can still travel. A few of them have cruised before; it comes natural since my Mom had cruised on the Queen Mary & Queen Elizabeth in the 1950's.

We're having fun starting to plan, but I can't wait for more itineraries to come out so we can really start to get excited about the details.

Good thing I have 6 weeks booked for me and BF between now and Summer, 2012 when we'll be cruising with the family!

This week I announced to my family (Mother, siblings, brothers in law, neices and nephews - 12 of us altogether) that I'm taking them all on a Caribbean cruise in 2012! They all get to pay for airfare, but I'll pick up the cruise. I have an amazing family and want to do something special while my Mom can still travel. A few of them have cruised before; it comes natural since my Mom had cruised on the Queen Mary & Queen Elizabeth in the 1950's.

We're having fun starting to plan, but I can't wait for more itineraries to come out so we can really start to get excited about the details.

Good thing I have 6 weeks booked for me and BF between now and Summer, 2012 when we'll be cruising with the family!

Hi Kathleen, what a wonderful thing to do...you are paying for 11

people? Sounds like you are the amazing one:). Do you want to

adopt me?:D;)

Hope all of you have a fantastic time!:)

This week I announced to my family (Mother, siblings, brothers in law, neices and nephews - 12 of us altogether) that I'm taking them all on a Caribbean cruise in 2012! They all get to pay for airfare, but I'll pick up the cruise. QUOTE]

I have no problem paying my own airfare!

Allure in February and Diamond Princess in the Far East in May . . . still working on plans for the Fall of 2012 . . . thinking maybe Great Rivers of Europe in the spring of 13 . . . but with 4 cruises booked in 11 we have lots of good times ahead of us. Isn't retirement wonderful . . . I guess this is the reward for those 34 years of semi-slavery to work.

You are a wonderful family person-would you care to adopt? I'm a great packer

Happy New Year

Carole

We also are planning a large family cruise in 2012. We can't wait until the itineraries for 7-day Southern Caribbean cruises are published. Keeping fingers crossed that the Summit will be doing these routes again out of San Juan in December. Some of the family will come for 7 days, and some of us will do b2b's for 14.

Either West Coast or Southern Caribbean in May, 2012 for dh's and my 40th birthdays. Probably Celebrity, maybe Royal Caribbean, but we're also keeping our options open. We just did the Presidential Suite on Liberty of the Seas with 12 of us, and decided that while some people love the bigger ships, we're more comfortable on something smaller. My parents were with us on that one, and may come with us on the 2012 cruise. We'll probably leave the kids home, which opens up our options more.

We are thinking that if the Silhouette is going to do an eastbound transatlandtic in April 2012, we may book that.

The other cruise we are considering is cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

We are going to the Mediterranean this year on the Eclipse! Can't wait!

Alright, with the New Year upon us, we now get to look at upcoming releaseed itineraries for 2012! Since it's my 5th wedding anniverasry year, I want to make it special and do something like Greek Isles or British Isles. This time around I'm going to compare Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises to find the right itinerary and ship for me and DH.

What are other people planning for 2012? :D

We are going on the Solstice in the Western Caribbean January 2012 .This will be only our second cruise, but this time there will be our daughter and sisters in-laws comming along.. Seems such a long time off,but i really enjoy reading the criticts... I hope all who are cruising THE UK enjoy them selfs..

We're looking at B2Bs for South America on Infinity in Feb. 2012 from Buenos Aires all the way around the Horn and back through the Panama Canal to Florida, 29 days. Our favorite Infinity will be Solsticized by then and should be beautiful! Still thinking about adding a third 15-day leg to go back through the Canal and ending up in San Diego, a short flight home. That will be a 45-day cruise!

We are booked on RCI Radiance of the Seas to do a half circumnavigation of Australia from Sydney right around the top and finishing in Perth. Should be a great cruise. But for now thinking about our Galapagos cruise in a month!

Enjoy your Galapagos cruise - we went in September and it was the best trip ever! You will be amazed!

i'm waiting for celebrity to release the cruise schedule for 2012 for the transatlantic back to europe which i would do on my own or mediteranian on eclipse with my parents i just wan't them to release the schedule i know when the traansatlantic is but can't book it yet anyone one know when they start releasing the european schedule?

Archived