We like to drink.....

slmwo

Plain and simple. I'm not looking to lie, cheat, or steal and am happy to pay for alcohol, but am also looking to save some money whever possible. We're used to traveling Carnival and ordering a bottle of liquor and/or wine from Bon Voyage to have in our room and bringing on board the permitted bottle of wine per person. It appears that Royal Caribbean is much more strict with alcohol policies with the exception of the wine packages (my husband doesn't drink wine, though). Any information on Royal Caribbean alcohol deals is greatly appreciated!! ;)

On b2b cruises you can buy a bottle of whatever you like from their onboard store on your first cruise and it will be delivered to your room the last evening. Then for the next cruise you have your alcohol. Of course this only works on b2bs.

Too bad they don't have the same alcohol policy as Princess. I just got off a Princess cruise and we were allowed to bring on bottles of beer and wine. No extra fee either.

Princess's policy is for a bottle of wine .. (not beer).

OP I have found simple mixed drinks to be reasonable on RCL. Like a golden margarita, which was cheaper than ordering on Carnival. Their regular drinks to me arent that bad on prices.

Of course people smuggle on all lines .. like the above bringing on beer. And get away with it .. even on RCL. :D

On b2b cruises you can buy a bottle of whatever you like from their onboard store on your first cruise and it will be delivered to your room the last evening. Then for the next cruise you have your alcohol. Of course this only works on b2bs.

It didn't work on the B2B we were on in December. At the meeting for folks who were staying on the next week, they mentioned that any alcohol purchased the first week WOULD NOT be returned until the last night of the second week.

I don't think the b2b trick works anymore.

Looks like mickylee beat me.

Well this is a tough question on these boards...people will attack you if you even suggest SMUGGLING....... there I said it..............

If you really like to drink everyday on the cruise...try booking a suite...the Concierge lounge is fantastic and your glass will never go dry....Of course the cost is high and you have to balance the cost of the suite with what it would cost to drink in the bars every day.

My family likes to have a cocktail before dinner in the room and while getting ready for dinner or on the balcony at various sail aways. It would cost you a small fortune to have RCI bring it to your room..

We used to smuggle........... I suggest you smuggle too .(I'll be flamed to a nasty crisp for suggesting this) We are Diamond Plus now and a few drinks in the ships bars plus the DL and Cl make smuggling not needed.

I drank on my cruise. I didn't bother to "smuggle" much (I brought on one 16oz water bottle with Vodka. Not so much to smuggle but to shut up little miss "I Know Everything" who sent us emails telling us that (a) they would catch it, (b) they would deny boarding and © she would get in trouble because she as a top tier traveler and they would hold her responsible. LOL! We later found out that even though she had nothing to do with organizing our group etc she was trying to hold up RCCL for "favors" LOL! )

My bar tab was not that high. :) And the Vodka wasn't ever used.

When a glass of Chardonnay was $10!!! w/ tip...I about keeled over!

I managed a few rum rummers w/ gin (I bought small bottle of tonic in port..no issues bringing one small bottle on board). I also brought a "box" of wine...actually just the bladder from the box. Pretty decent box for $10 at Target (Chardonnay)

I don't feel guilty--our bar bill is still by far the largest part of our bill!!!!

It didn't work on the B2B we were on in December. At the meeting for folks who were staying on the next week, they mentioned that any alcohol purchased the first week WOULD NOT be returned until the last night of the second week.

Did you try it anyway. We've done it a number of times. Or you can just buy it the evening of the last night of the first cruise when they let everyone take their bottles to their rooms.

Did you try it anyway. We've done it a number of times. Or you can just buy it the evening of the last night of the first cruise when they let everyone take their bottles to their rooms.

We were excited :D to try this when we read the first post, then disappointed when we read the second post. :( We may try this trick here. :)

Whatever libations you bring aboard, put them in your checked luggage. Your chances of getting caught is small. Try to stay away from any container that will look like a bottle when they scan the luggage. Bottle shapes set off alarms causing the luggage to be held. I have always taken my friend Jack on all my cruises including the last one on the MOTS out of San Pedro (LA, CA). I have never had a problem. The odds of getting it aboard are way in your favor. Some do get caught while most do not.

I neat trick I learned here on CC was to take 16 oz rum runners aboard in the front pockets of your cargo shorts. I tried this on the MOTS and it does work. I wore a long heavier tshirt that came down to below the top of the pockets. I walked right through security - luckily they don't have the body scanners yet!. My luggage all had RR in them and they arrived safe and sound.

On my Princess cruise out of FLL in February, I checked a case of wine in a shipping box from a winery all clearly marked. It arrived in my stateroom without any problem. My luggage also arrived with my buddy Jack and his friends. Since I only like beer out of a keg (it is not pasteurized like bottle beer), I left the beer at home. However I have had numerous fellow pax tell me they brought beer aboard without any problems.

My Hisband and i did a BTB in July on Legend. We brought 2 bottles of Rum from the onboard store and sure enough they were delivered to our stateroom on the last night of the first leg of the cruise.

Jancy

Archived