Crown & Anchor Pinnacle status will cost $100,000+ per person!

If Royal Caribbean changes to "number of days at sea' and uses 700 days as the starting point for PINNACLE membership,

a couple spending $2,000.00 for a 7 day cruise will be spending $100,000.00+ each to get the designation.

DIAMOND PLUS would cost $25,000.00+ per person.

It would take 20 years sailing 5 times a year to reach Pinnacle status.

Certainly during the next 20 years RCI will modify the requirements,

so who knows how long it would actually take.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if RCI offers a fast track to Pinnacle status.

The cruise line could finance the $200,000.00 per couple, give immediate Pinnacle status to the guests.

At 5% interest for 20 years, the payments would only be $1,319.19 per month!

Maybe the interest charged on the $200,000.00 could offset the fuel charge surcharge.

Good calculations! Now, figure how many cocktails a couple can drink in the CL during those 5 7 day cruises per year, as I'd like to see it on a per drink basis.

Maybe they could have the concierges put an IV in each CL user so they can get their monies worth.:p No waiting for refills...

Maybe it's because I'm still gold and have never used the CL, but I just don't see what the big deal is about it. Sure it's a nice perk, but if that's the reason for cruising then maybe people should consider all-inclusive land-based hotels that include the drinks in their prices...

There is a small group of individuals who have chosen to cruise continuously or at a very frequent rate. We met a lady on Song of America who did 120 consecutive sailings (B2B) on Song of America and Nordic Empress out of NYC to Bermuda. Her home was NYC. We have met some C&A folks who do cruise a lot and that is their choice of lifestyle. If RCL decides to reward them for this, that is RCL's choice.

Thank God for all those who are able to cruise so they can share the cost of keeping our cruise ships and crews there for us all! Happy New Year!

These assumptions and conclusions seem totally specious to me.

What does someone get for $200,000? Pinnacle status?

NO. He gets $200,000 worth of cruises.

You, who created this screenname just to post this, really have nothing to add to the discussion, IMNSHO.

If Royal Caribbean changes to "number of days at sea' and uses 700 days as the starting point for PINNACLE membership,

a couple spending $2,000.00 for a 7 day cruise will be spending $100,000.00+ each to get the designation.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if RCI offers a fast track to Pinnacle status.

The cruise line could finance the $200,000.00 per couple, give immediate Pinnacle status to the guests.

Maybe the interest charged on the $200,000.00 could offset the fuel charge surcharge.

It works out to 26,666 drinks per person that need to be consumed in the CL to balance the financial sheet.

For some, that looks like a pretty good deal...For others, that is one cruise.

No matter what program gets implimented, any company, airline, hotel, cruise line....loyalty programs are not the magic marketing bullet they once were.

You, who created this screenname just to post this, really have nothing to add to the discussion, IMNSHO.

Perhaps he and JHonCC cruise together. :cool:

Speaking of which, where has JHonCC been? He disappeared right about the same time - well, never mind.

From all the changes that Royal Caribbean has made in the last couple of years ie; not able to combine discounts, removal of Diamonds from Concierge lounges, chair hogging for suite passengers, not able to use price drops and now recently this new classes in their loyalty program, I have resigned myself in just enjoying the vacation and not worrying about the perks associated with loyalty.

Royal Caribbean does not care how many times you have cruised with them, only that you are going to cruise with them. And if you have cruised with them 10 times or more chances are you will still continue to cruise with them despite getting rewarded for that or not.

From all the changes that Royal Caribbean has made in the last couple of years ie; not able to combine discounts, removal of Diamonds from Concierge lounges, chair hogging for suite passengers, not able to use price drops and now recently this new classes in their loyalty program, I have resigned myself in just enjoying the vacation and not worrying about the perks associated with loyalty.

Royal Caribbean does not care how many times you have cruised with them, only that you are going to cruise with them. And if you have cruised with them 10 times or more chances are you will still continue to cruise with them despite getting rewarded for that or not.

How do Suite passenger chair hog? :confused: Is that any different than the cheaper paying guest chair hogging all day long?? Reserved chairs and chair hogging are two diferent things!

How do Suite passenger chair hog? :confused: Is that any different than the cheaper paying guest chair hogging all day long?? Reserved chairs and chair hogging are two diferent things!

I agree. Obviously there are still a lot of hard feelings floating about these days regarding the past changes to the C&A program.

No doubt, what ever new changes arise, there will some that won't be happy about them.

TnT

:(:(:(:(

Maybe yes, Maybe No, but they like all of us have a right to post their opinion, at least that is what the CC Guidelines say; same as you do and same as I do. No more, no less to be based on how many posts one has.

And if you order now we will send a set of wind chimes.

maybe it's because i'm still gold and have never used the cl, but i just don't see what the big deal is about it. Sure it's a nice perk, but if that's the reason for cruising then maybe people should consider all-inclusive land-based hotels that include the drinks in their prices...

bravo :d

Please excuse a dumb question, but what is "PINNACLE"?

There is a rumour going around that there will be changes to

Crown & Anchor Society Announcement on 12 January 2011

Nights at sea instead of Number of trips also two NEW levels will be added.

New Levels: Emerald & Pinnacle

Gold = 29 nights

Platinum = 30 - 49 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Diamond = 75 - 174 nights

Diamond + = 175 nights

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27254796

I'm currently Platinum. Booked for 7 nt in a JS for March which would have made me Diamond. Guess that's blown out of the water. Oh well. We'll keep on crusin but will probably try other lines now

Usually when they announce some changes it takes a few months before it go into effect.You might be lucky!

do the tier changes really change over, mid-January? will one's new status, by number of "sea days", be reflected on my personal account section on the rccl.com website?

IMHO, loyalty isn't what it started out to be ...add that to the reduced amenities, food quality not being what it started out to be ....etc.etc.

I tend to pick the itinerary, port of embarkation, and price, to combine with a "reason why" I want to cruise (i.e. celebrate a personal Special Event). Free Drinks don't impress me much, but Concierge Seating is a treat:rolleyes:

Whatever perks we get are nice extras, but we base our cruise choice on itinerary, price, cabin, clientele, service, and food.....not on freebies/ perks. We know we will have to pay for drinks, internet access, laundry, etc. and that is part of the budget. We know we may not get preferred seating or early boarding, and that's quite OK with us. We will all see the same shows, sit by the same pool, and get on and off the ship on the same day.

Having been in a suite on our last cruise and having access to several perks, we found most of them to be no big deal and preferred the company of our cruise buddies in "commoner" class.

Whatever happens on Jan 12 is OK with us.....we prefer RCCL and =X=, but don't limit our cruising to these lines.....

I have two questions:

1) will you retain your current status?

2) what will the difference between D+ and Pinnacle be in terms of perks you get onboard?

fIRST OF ALL noone knows what the different perks will be, and secondly spoke with friends who work for RCCL and was told that whatever level you are now you will stay at. Don't know the cutoff date though..Hope this helps

Archived