The Eggs Benedict

Mr. Y

Like others, I always order a half order with sauce on the side. Always very good. Last cruise, waiter asked me what side? Never skipped a beat, I said, "Left" and it came on the left side. We had a good laugh!

Hey Gang!

Last year several of my hosses experienced the dining room breakfast. A couple of my hosses had the eggs benedict in the dining room and there was different opinions regarding the meal. I would say it was split 50-50. Some of them loved it and others didn't like it because the benedict took them out of the daily activities.

Unfortunately or fortunately I never had time to have the eggs benedict because I was planning the events for our gang in the morning, but I'm very tempted this year. So I would like to know if the eggs benedict are safe to eat? I'm a big of a big breakfast, but not a fan of being stuck in the cabin and not able to lead my gang.

I appreciate the help on this one.

Thanks, Gang.

HUH?:eek:

The Eggs Benedict are made-up a pan at a time along the line where they wait until a waiter comes for some. They are not made fresh to order. Sometimes they are very tasty but other times you get one where the muffin is soggy, the egg is overdone etc. It's really hit or miss.

If your friends had an encounter with a bad batch I'm tempted to say it was an unfortunate aberration. Consistently serving food that makes people ill leads only to bankruptcy.

When I took a galley tour, they were making them. I have heard that it tastes better if you order the sauce on the side.

You can see the pan that the eggs are cooked in to the left of the eggs in the steam tray.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af297/klutz13/Carnival/eggs2.jpg[/img]"]eggs2.jpg

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af297/klutz13/Carnival/eggs1.jpg[/img]"]eggs1.jpg

Hey Gang!

Last year several of my hosses experienced the dining room breakfast. A couple of my hosses had the eggs benedict in the dining room and there was different opinions regarding the meal. I would say it was split 50-50. Some of them loved it and others didn't like it because the benedict took them out of the daily activities.

Unfortunately or fortunately I never had time to have the eggs benedict because I was planning the events for our gang in the morning, but I'm very tempted this year. So I would like to know if the eggs benedict are safe to eat? I'm a big of a big breakfast, but not a fan of being stuck in the cabin and not able to lead my gang.

I appreciate the help on this one.

Thanks, Gang.

Due to US Health Department regulations they are safe. They are not allowed to use real Hollindase sauce so everything is well cooked.

I have kind of started building my own eggs benedict because more often than not they have been under the heat lamps too long and I don't like the thick piece of tough ham that is served.

So I order an english muffin, with bacon and poached eggs and a side of sauce. Or if I'm really being indulgent I'll order hollandaise sauce with my bagel and lox........now that's really yummy....that warm lemony sauce over my smoked salmon.......

Can't wait.......17 days

Never thought much of their Hollandaise myself.

It can be hit or miss, but when it's light and warm and lemony I like it as much as anywhere else I've gotten it. Sometimes though it's too thick and gloppy.

I don't bother to make it very often for myself at home, but my grocery store sells a small can of it that's pretty good.

Archived