The Eggs Benedict

Mr. Y

Hey Gang!

Last year several of my hosses experienced the dining room breakfast. A couple of my hosses had the eggs benedict in the dining room and there was different opinions regarding the meal. I would say it was split 50-50. Some of them loved it and others didn't like it because the benedict took them out of the daily activities.

Unfortunately or fortunately I never had time to have the eggs benedict because I was planning the events for our gang in the morning, but I'm very tempted this year. So I would like to know if the eggs benedict are safe to eat? I'm a big of a big breakfast, but not a fan of being stuck in the cabin and not able to lead my gang.

I appreciate the help on this one.

Thanks, Gang.

I tried the eggs benedict, and they kinda threw me off my feed for about a day. DW tells me the same thing happened to me on our first cruise, but I don't remember. I think I will try them one more time, just to be sure.

The Eggs Benedict are made-up a pan at a time along the line where they wait until a waiter comes for some. They are not made fresh to order. Sometimes they are very tasty but other times you get one where the muffin is soggy, the egg is overdone etc. It's really hit or miss.

If your friends had an encounter with a bad batch I'm tempted to say it was an unfortunate aberration. Consistently serving food that makes people ill leads only to bankruptcy.

I love them! I sometimes order them with the sauce on the side; depending on how much time we've got. They make them fresh when you order sauce on the side.

You beat me to it!!

I've enjoyed them a few dozen times -- but the eggs are almost always overcooked with dried Hollandaise UNLESS you ask for the sauce on the side. Even then, they have a bad habit of overcooking the eggs. Perhaps someone should read the recipe!! :eek:

As a general rule, Carnival has among the poorest quality outcome for this dish that I have encountered... yet I will keep trying! ;)

Tom

Hey Gang!

Last year several of my hosses experienced the dining room breakfast. A couple of my hosses had the eggs benedict in the dining room and there was different opinions regarding the meal. I would say it was split 50-50. Some of them loved it and others didn't like it because the benedict took them out of the daily activities.

Unfortunately or fortunately I never had time to have the eggs benedict because I was planning the events for our gang in the morning, but I'm very tempted this year. So I would like to know if the eggs benedict are safe to eat? I'm a big of a big breakfast, but not a fan of being stuck in the cabin and not able to lead my gang.

I appreciate the help on this one.

Thanks, Gang.

I would say as long as you bite, chew, swallow, yes.

I have never ordered mine with sauce on the side and they are always very good and no problems stopping me from enjoying the rest of the day. I used to get them at least once a cruise, I have actually stepped it up to 2/3 times now, I enjoy them so much.

I get them everyday on the cruise, and several times they were gross (sitting under the heat too long!) but since I love them so much I still get them! I know that makes no sense!!! I love the idea of sauce on the side!! Getting them made fresh is the way to go! The heat light makes them yucky.

Mr. Y as much as you talk about how HARD you and your hosses party, I suspect that their morning gastrointestinal duress has nothing to do with the eggs...:rolleyes: Maybe you should start your mornings with a Harry Hangover.....I mean, once you've got your buzz on why let it fade........

Just how old are you kids......urrr......I mean cool dudes......and just what is a hoss???????is that kind of like your possey.....gang......bros........peeps......friends??????

I love them!!! i look forward to breakfast in the mdr just for the eggs B!!!! yummmm i can almost taste them now :)

On the Miracle in Oct. they had them at the Lido buffet. Not bad and they were nice and warm. Never had seen them at the buffet before.

Just got back from Bahamas on the Sensation and had them. They were fine. We always eat breakfast in the MDR on sea days so as not to be in a hurry. I appreciate the suggestion about ordering the sauce on the side. I will do that on the Magic. Dot:p

Mr. Y as much as you talk about how HARD you and your hosses party, I suspect that their morning gastrointestinal duress has nothing to do with the eggs...:rolleyes: Maybe you should start your mornings with a Harry Hangover.....I mean, once you've got your buzz on why let it fade........

Just how old are you kids......urrr......I mean cool dudes......and just what is a hoss???????is that kind of like your possey.....gang......bros........peeps......friends??????

LMAO.....that just made my day

When you order them in the MDR you will get 2 ......... if you don't want to order a 1/2 order ....... then they on;y bring you 1.

Mom could never eat 2 and thought that wasting the other one waas a crime, so had a waiter tell us to order as a 1/2 order.

Hey Gang!

I'm not going to lie, but some of my Hosses have been overserved in the past. You guys may be up to something, maybe they blamed the eggs benedict for their struggles. This year, I will closely monitor everybody's alcohol intake and if they had a few too many and they blame it on the eggs benedict I will call BS.

Thanks Gang!

Archived