Roll Call Post Bugs Me

gebo

A post was put on the roll calls promoting the muscian in the piano bar by the musician. This was placed on more than one roll call. I've never seen this done before, am I wrong to be put off?

A post was put on the roll calls promoting the muscian in the piano bar by the musician. This was placed on more than one roll call. I've never seen this done before, am I wrong to be put off?

seriously? not doubting you at all, why would that person bother.

share the roll call thread with us so we can see it.

if this is the case, I would report him/her to the hosts and to HAL.

what is the point in this person doing this? the roll call threads are not for this purpose. and yes, you are right to be put out IMO

I'm ambivalent on this. On the one hand he is on your cruise and entitled to join the roll call, but on the other hand "advertising" isn't supposed to be permitted. I think I'm leaning to the "don't like" side. Report it to a Host and let them decide.

He's not going to get paid more or less if you go or not.
Maybe not immediately, but a performer who draws more business to the bar is more likely to be hired back, and can up his price at that time.

I read the post you are referring to, but not exactly sure what has 'put you off'. Would you care to elaborate?

Perhaps he too is just interested in meeting others who will be on the ship.

Although if it realy offends you that much perhaps, as previously suggested, you should report it and let the moderators decide.

Rochelle

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with his post..He is a member of CC..Just introduces himself & says he will be performing in the mix & says to you all come say Hi..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274220&page=2

We've had many Crew in the Past years introduce themselves & tell people to come say HI..They are trying to be friendly & I doubt if the Hosts will remove this post or even consider it a form of advertising..

BTW, as a member of CC (since 2006) & also part of the Crew, I see no reason why he can't join your meet & greet..

Betty

I'm ambivalent on this. On the one hand he is on your cruise and entitled to join the roll call, but on the other hand "advertising" isn't supposed to be permitted. I think I'm leaning to the "don't like" side. Report it to a Host and let them decide.

Maybe not immediately, but a performer who draws more business to the bar is more likely to be hired back, and can up his price at that time.

John...These performers are unionized & HAL pays them according to the pay scales of the company which supplies the performers..So what if he entices people to come to the mix & see him..He's there to entertain the Psgrs. & if HAL sees he's doing a good job maybe they will hire him again..

I'm sure that most CC people know good music from bad & if they don't like him, they will just leave..

IMO..There was absolutely nothing wrong with his post..I'm sure he's been posting on many of the roll calls..If I was a HAL performer I would too, as that is considered good PR...

To me that's like saying, that no one who works for HAL can post on Cruise Critic Main board or the roll calls, which is ludicrous...

Cheers....:)Betty

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with his post..He is a member of CC..Just introduces himself & says he will be performing in the mix & says to you all come say Hi..

We've had many Crew in the Past years introduce themselves & tell people to come say HI..They are trying to be friendly & I doubt if the Hosts will remove this post or even consider it a form of advertising..

BTW, as a member of CC & also part of the Crew, I see no reason why he can't join your meet & greet..

Betty

Hi Betty,

Thanks for showing the thread. I retract - I really don't see a problem with this posting by him. It is not obtrusive or pushy.

If anything, we should be glad that some HAL people read our threads.

I know the captain our last cruise was following mine

I didn't read his post before my original post -- that is the least offensive advertising post I have ever seen -- he just wants people to know he's there, on my cruise one of the nurses posted -- I guess I don't understand. I have some friends on various cruises -- one of the cellar masters and a party planner - I would love if they posted that they were on a specific roll call.

I truly can't understand why you are "put off" by his post. Would you have been "put off" if the captain had posted and asked you to drop by and say hi? ;)

Complaint' du jour.

Why would you be "put off" by this?

This is obviously a performer that knows how CruiseCritic works and is telling people he will be on the ship.

What put you off about these posts?

I see no problem with this at all. I'm kinda glad that someone who is performing is reading these sites.

I guess this is a better topic than another smoking thread.

... if HAL sees he's doing a good job maybe they will hire him again..
And if that's a motive behind the post then it's advertising.
...To me that's like saying, that no one who works for HAL can post on Cruise Critic Main board or the roll calls, which is ludicrous...
Not at all. It depends entirely on the content and purpose of the posts.

And if that's a motive behind the post then it's advertising.[/size]

Not at all. It depends entirely on the content and purpose of the posts.

Yes agree it depends on the content & purpose, but this fellow's post is one of the most innocuous posts we've ever seen..

Doesn't look like advertising to me..Check out post 31 on this thread:

Cheers.....:)Betty

Yes agree it depends on the content & purpose, but this fellow's post is one of the most innocuous posts we've ever seen..

I read it before I posted. It looks a bit like advertising to me, but that's up to the Hosts to decide. TAs can't post their email address, so he shouldn't be posting his website URL.

Hey Betty you do know you can clock on the post # and it will open in a new window so you can quote one post with a link, like this

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27468497&postcount=31

Being helpful. :)

About the topic, sorry but very much ado about nothing IMHO.

Yes your wrong to be put off. The piano player invited you to stop by and say hi. This has caused you emotional angst? Please don`t cancel your cruise because of this. You still have the HalCats.

Yes your wrong to be put off. The piano player invited you to stop by and say hi. This has caused you emotional angst? Please don`t cancel your cruise because of this. You still have the HalCats.

Let's not forget the Adaggio Strings!:cool:

Well, heck, I'm on his first cruise on the Ryndam, and I'm thrilled to know that someone enthusiastic will be playing in the Mix. The singer in the Piano Bar on the Eurodam last summer was so unfriendly that the place was dead every night.

I am also one that does not see a thing wrong with this. How often do we see posts asking who is performing in the Piano Bar? :D I personally would be flattered if a performer came by my Roll Call to say they would be there and to stop by and see their show. I am actually a bit jealous :o

I see nothing wrong with the roll call post by the piano man!!!

Gebo, I actually feel sorry for the guy as you have insinuated he has done something wrong.

On our last HAL cruise, the piano man was responsible for organizing a meet and greet (not CC). It was fantastic and well co-ordinated, unlike other types of meet and greets we have been to....

Sometimes, it seems, people just like to complain about anything...

Hope you enjoy your cruise!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey Betty you do know you can clock on the post # and it will open in a new window so you can quote one post with a link, like this

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27468497&postcount=31

Being helpful. :)

About the topic, sorry but very much ado about nothing IMHO.

Thanks...Hey that's cool as my grandkids say..No I didn't but will I'll try to remember next time...I'm a bit computer challenged..LOL Thx for the tip...

Archived