Fain confirms talks on RCI new build

There will be only one factor that will be considered - how to squeeze as much money out of their consumers in the nicest way possible :D

To achieve this they will pull off the neat trick they achieved with Central Park - all the paid for restaurants in one attractive environment.

This has been so successful in a design fashion, few have even noticed there are only two places to eat dinner without paying on the whole Oasis class ship :eek:

Celebrity's Solstice class ships paid for restaurants are also in one area of a nicely arranged part of the ship. This design will be considered on a smaller ship.

There is also some excellent space management in the smaller cabins on the Oasis class ships, so this will also be adopted.

So, adding all that together whatever it is it will likely feature more paid for stuff and smaller rooms. Oh, and a heavy reliance on loyalists to say how wonderful it all is ;)

So someone that enjoys having the different options is a loyalist?:rolleyes: I tell you what, we loyalists will continue to enjoy what RCI offers and you can go cruise on the fun ships.;)

My "informant" indicated they had been part of the design team. So I personally believe them. :D I will say it wasn't a regular crew member but a Senior Officer with lots of stripes. Mum! :D Oh no I've said too much! :eek:

We will see when they make their announcement! Mum Mum Mum! :D

I don't take much stock in what most crew members tell me. Most are just giving you what you want to hear. It will be interesting to see what they come up with in design but you can bet that it will be something fresh and innovative. At least one cruise company still believes in raising the bar in place of building the same old ship over and over.;)

I don't take much stock in what most crew members tell me. Most are just giving you what you want to hear. It will be interesting to see what they come up with in design but you can bet that it will be something fresh and innovative. At least one cruise company still believes in raising the bar in place of building the same old ship over and over.;)

As previously stated, this Senior Officer said they were part of the design team for the next ship as in participating in the design of the ship. Why would they lie to me? No reason at all! This individual also told me about the C&A changes last November and that all came true. Oops I said too much again. Mum Mum Mum! :D

As previously stated, this Senior Officer said they were part of the design team for the next ship as in participating in the design of the ship. Why would they lie to me? No reason at all! This individual also told me about the C&A changes last November and that all came true. Oops I said too much again. Mum Mum Mum! :D

Would a hotel director, er, I mean senior officer really do that?:D

[quote name='compman9']There will be only one factor that will be considered - how to squeeze as much money out of their consumers in the nicest way possible :D

To achieve this they will pull off the neat trick they achieved with Central Park - all the paid for restaurants in one attractive environment.

[B][COLOR=red]This has been so successful in a design fashion, few have even noticed there are only two places to eat dinner without paying on the whole Oasis class ship :eek: [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/B]
Celebrity's Solstice class ships paid for restaurants are also in one area of a nicely arranged part of the ship. This design will be considered on a smaller ship.

There is also some excellent space management in the smaller cabins on the Oasis class ships, so this will also be adopted.

So, adding all that together whatever it is it will likely feature more paid for stuff and smaller rooms. Oh, and a heavy reliance on loyalists to say how wonderful it all is ;)[/quote]I seem to recall more than two 'free' places to eat during our Oasis cruises.

Most every evening we eat either at the DR or at a specialty restaurant but aren't these options open for food as well?:confused: Are you talking about full service dining w/waiters?

[FONT=Arial]Sorrentos[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Café Promenade[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Donut Shop ;)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Boardwalk Bar[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Park Café[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Vintages[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Wipeout Café[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Windjammer[/FONT]

Talked with an RCI engineer in Jan during our last cruise. He indicated RCI had a class called "Sunshine Class" on the drawing board. Smaller than Oasis - larger than Freedom classes. One feature would be a retractible dome for main pool deck similar to the solarium so pool could be used in Alaska or during poor weather. Everything tentative for now, but looks like a good start.

[quote name='compman9']

This has been so successful in a design fashion, [B]few have even noticed there are only two places to eat dinner without paying on the whole Oasis class ship[/B] :eek:

[/QUOTE]

That's no different from any other ship in the fleet, and I'm sure more than a "few" have noticed. It's not like it's a big secret. :confused:

[quote name='cruisingator2']I don't take much stock in what most crew members tell me. [/QUOTE]

Me either. I suspect there are more than a few crew, and officers, who enjoy the feeling of self-importance they get from pretending to be "in the know" as far as "secret" information. Or if not pretending, then greatly exaggerating their level of knowledge and/or involvement in big decisions. :D

[quote name='Trickie Dickie']As previously stated, this Senior Officer said they were part of the design team for the next ship as in participating in the design of the ship. Why would they lie to me? [/QUOTE]

And maybe he WAS part of a design team for the next ship. Or, maybe he simply filled out a survey form given to all crew, asking for new ideas, and now he is now passing that off as "I was part of the design team....." Who knows?!;)

[quote name='waterbug123']And maybe he WAS part of a design team for the next ship. Or, maybe he simply filled out a survey form given to all crew, asking for new ideas, and now he is now passing that off as "I was part of the design team....." Who knows?!;)[/quote]

Good Grief! :D You can't win here! Ever! Mum Mum Mum! :rolleyes:

[quote name='yj2cute']Thank GOODNESS![/quote]

Actually they did not admit anything. Fain has stated that they have no intention of building another Oasis class but he did state that he thought ships would someday go larger. Does not mean that RCI will not someday try to top Oasis but right now, they really do not need more than two of this type ship plus it keeps them unique to the fleet and industry.

[quote name='bob brown']You can bet that they will build more of the Oasis class if it and the Allure are constantly sold out at premium fares.
And it may be a long time, but eventually bigger ships will be built.;)[/quote]

I agree but not anytime soon. I'm thinking that we will hear something in about six weeks at Cruise Shipping Miami. This has traditionally been a time when cruise lines make major announcements.

[url]http://www.cruiseshippingmiami.com/[/url]

[quote name='The Big Booper']As long as RCI makes money from the M & M boys, why relegate them to Espana??[/QUOTE]

If it would be an upgrade for that carrier and if new ships will presumably operate at greater efficiencies, it could be a win/win.

[quote name='Jimbo7328']Talked with an RCI engineer in Jan during our last cruise. He indicated RCI had a class called "Sunshine Class" on the drawing board. Smaller than Oasis - larger than Freedom classes. One feature would be a retractible dome for main pool deck similar to the solarium so pool could be used in Alaska or during poor weather. Everything tentative for now, but looks like a good start.[/quote]

I really would enjoy the retractible dome on the main pool deck as long as they make a place for those of us who are allergic to the sun or have major reasons to be out of the sun, like radiaiton treatments. I have enjoyed the domes over the solarium but the Oasis and Allure really don't have a place to enjoy yourself without being in the direct sun. It is even hard to find a hot tub that has some shade on it.

Since we love the large ships a new class between the Freedom and Oasis would be welcome or even a class between the Radiance and Voyager class that could go to new islands and places that Royal Caribbean has not offered before.

Take care...
Irene & Miles

For those wondering about the Majesty and Monarch, I wonder if this will shed some light. The last portion indicates that they are not saying whether there will be new builds or an adaptation of other ships for Azamara.

[URL="http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/02/azamara-club-cruises-journey-quest-new-cruise-ship-order/141591/1?csp=Travel"]http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/02/azamara-club-cruises-journey-quest-new-cruise-ship-order/141591/1?csp=Travel[/URL]

Eric

[quote name='compman9']There will be only one factor that will be considered - how to squeeze as much money out of their consumers in the nicest way possible :D

This has been so successful in a design fashion, few have even noticed there are [COLOR="Red"]only two places to eat dinner without paying on the whole Oasis class ship[/COLOR] :eek:

So, adding all that together whatever it is it will likely feature more paid for stuff and smaller rooms. Oh, and a heavy reliance on loyalists to say how wonderful it all is ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorrento's, cafe promenade, park cafe, boardwalk bar, wipe out cafe, mdr, concierge lounge, windjammer, room service. I count more than 2

[quote name='bob brown']You can bet that they will build more of the Oasis class if it and the Allure are constantly sold out at premium fares.
And it may be a long time, but eventually bigger ships will be built.;)[/QUOTE]

I've never been to the Med, how many of the most popular ports of call here could handle this ship?

This has been so successful in a design fashion, few have even noticed there are only two places to eat dinner without paying on the whole Oasis class ship :eek:

So, adding all that together whatever it is it will likely feature more paid for stuff and smaller rooms. Oh, and a heavy reliance on loyalists to say how wonderful it all is ;)[/quote]Your wrong on that one compman many more than two

Archived