Elite Lounge Hours - possible change

Lsimon

Personally, it's a nice perk, and people will still complain no matter what time it's held.

I like the 4-6 timeframe even though we would normally miss the first hour coming back to the ship from a shore excursion.

Although I'm a Early Dining person, the 5-7pm will work for us. Usually don't go there until at least 4:30 or so anyway. And don't need a full 2hrs of sitting there drinking, but will miss a bit of the socializing. We'll see how it works and if it becomes Fleetwide.

Den

Where is this elite lounge event held? The Sky Lounge? Does that mean it's closed to us non-elites? We've booked a TA on the Solstice in November 2011, only our second cruise with Celebrity, having sailed the Solstice back in Jan. 2009. We remember going to the Sky Lounge to dance before dinner. SO excited for this cruise!

Even we don't go there until 5:30 PM anyway (we have early seating) but I will still prefer 4 - 6 time. Some like to go early (at 4 PM) and by 5:30 some already leave MC. But if they change the time from 5-7 then it will be really crowded at the beginning with both seatings at the same time.

Where is this elite lounge event held? The Sky Lounge? Does that mean it's closed to us non-elites? We've booked a TA on the Solstice in November 2011, only our second cruise with Celebrity, having sailed the Solstice back in Jan. 2009. We remember going to the Sky Lounge to dance before dinner. SO excited for this cruise!

If there are a low number of Elites, its held in Micheal's, if a larger group, yes in the Sky Lounge. If I remember right, there wasn't dancing in the Sky Lounge until 7 or 7:30pm or so before they started the Elite Lounge business, but could be wrong.

And yes, the Sky Lounge is closed except for the Elite function 4-6pm, or now(?) 5-7pm. Also closed during the Elite breakfast hr if that is the Elite lounge site.

Den

As Denny mentioned the location varies from ship to ship and also depends on the size of the Elite Group. There is no fixed place although usually it is in Micheal's Club unless there is a larger group in which case the evening event is in the Sky lounge or equivalent or, in the case of the Century, in the Crystal Room.

When the Elite lounge event is held the room is generally off limits to non-elite guests.

On our Eclipse cruise there was NEVER any dancing in the Sky lounge - neither before nor after dinner. It was only in the foyer on deck 3, or disco in the disco lounge an deck 4.

Definitely 5 to 7 is a much more equable time for all Elite Members. Considering the "all aboard and sailaway times" and the Suggested dress codes in the Captain Club's Lounges this would work better for both early and late diners. Just my personal opinion.;)

We dine early & usually go around 5 when it is held in Michaels Club. Last time around, the gathering was held in SKY Lounge & we were dining in BLU.. getting from SKY to BLU (or the MDR)on S class is a long walk. The one hour is really not sufficient for a 6 pm dinner hour.....

I realize we could go to BLU later but then seating is more difficult.

Maybe 4:30 would be a better start time if they have to change the hours..

As long as you are providing feedback: We also did not like the fact that there was no indoor social gathering on on the day they had the helipad sailaway-- it was in the hot sun, no seating (obviously), we had to climb stairs to get up there, & only a cash bar....it was not really that much fun & we do not plan to attend that again... would rather have the regular social hour or some other sail away event!!!

We dine early & usually go around 5 when it is held in Michaels Club. Last time around, the gathering was held in SKY Lounge & we were dining in BLU.. getting from SKY to BLU (or the MDR)on S class is a long walk. The one hour is really not sufficient for a 6 pm dinner hour.....

I realize we could go to BLU later but then seating is more difficult.

Maybe 4:30 would be a better start time if they have to change the hours..

As long as you are providing feedback: We also did not like the fact that there was no indoor social gathering on on the day they had the helipad sailaway-- it was in the hot sun, no seating (obviously), we had to climb stairs to get up there, & only a cash bar....it was not really that much fun & we do not plan to attend that again... would rather have the regular social hour or some other sail away event!!!

I agree that it is not sufficient time. On the Equinox in January, they opened the doors 10 minutes late on a routine basis. By the time you are seated and order a quality drink, not the lukewarm ones on the trays, it would almost be 5:30. We really enjoy this perk and hope Celebrity does not make any changes.

We would welcome the change to 5-7. 4 PM is way to early if you are active in port and need to come back and get ready. If you want to go, you end up cutting your port time short to come back and shower & change even if you are aiming for getting there at 5, most of the time it is cutting it closer to 5:30 / 5:45 depending on when full day excursions come back. The current 4-6 time is completely useless for late seating on a port intensive itinerary.

5 to 7 would definitely make the event more attractive to the late diners. I sure hope this timing change is adopted fleetwide.

I must say I am a little taken aback by the comments here from the early diners who are against the compromise.

How would it work for you if the event was held 4-1/2 hours before your dining time?

Would you attend if it was held at 2 in the afternoon?

5 to 7 would definitely make the event more attractive to the late diners. I sure hope this timing change is adopted fleetwide.

I must say I am a little taken aback by the comments here from the early diners who are against the compromise.

How would it work for you if the event was held 4-1/2 hours before your dining time?

Thank you I agree it's only moving 1 hour lol

Amen! You took the words right out of my mouth!

I was involved in a thread about the hours last year. Some of the "don't change a thing" people were absolutely nasty and irrational. This is civil so far, but don't count on it lasting.

It made the most heated smoking or dress code thread look like a walk in the park. :eek:

The compromise would be to extend the time, change it to 4-7 that way we early diners would not be limited to 1 hour. There were a lot of late diners who attended on the Millie and worked it into their schedules. I'm all for making it more accessible to the late diners but I don't think it should be at the early seatings expense:(

Totally understand what you are saying. However, this has become a very enjoyable social time on our cruise and I don't really want it rushed. We enjoy seeing people that we have met on previous cruises and catching up. We would not have gotten to know these people without this social hour. Perhaps two separate groups marked on the seapass cards is the answer.

The compromise would be to extend the time, change it to 4-7 that way we early diners would not be limited to 1 hour. There were a lot of late diners who attended on the Millie and worked it into their schedules. I'm all for making it more accessible to the late diners but I don't think it should be at the early seatings expense:(

I agree it should change and everyone's voice should be heard, but the current time clearly favors the early seating crowd. As it stands, the current time system is already at someone's expense - mine. We do not participate in the Elite event because we do not structure our day to be ready for cocktails at 4pm - not when we are sitting down to dinner at 8:30pm. So, while I know this thread can get heated, I just want to suggest that the overwhelming majority of passengers currently enjoying this Elite perk are early diners. And the overwhelming majority of Elite passengers who have the later seating simply forgo the experience. Regardless of the change, it's time Celebrity makes this event more reasonable for later diners to attend. I applaud any effort at trying a new time :)

I agree it should change and everyone's voice should be heard, but the current time clearly favors the early seating crowd. As it stands, the current time system is already at someone's expense - mine. We do not participate in the Elite event because we do not structure our day to be ready for cocktails at 4pm - not when we are sitting down to dinner at 8:30pm. So, while I know this thread can get heated, I just want to suggest that the overwhelming majority of passengers currently enjoying this Elite perk are early diners. And the overwhelming majority of Elite passengers who have the later seating simply forgo the experience. Regardless of the change, it's time Celebrity makes this event more reasonable for later diners to attend. I applaud any effort at trying a new time :)

Agree 100%. I also feel that it is already geared only towards early diners. One point not yet made is that if they changed the dress code to casual, it would make it better for the late diners. I still don't like the earlier hours, but it would at least make it easier for late diners to attend. To have to shower, change, and dress up for a 4:00 timeframe when your dinner is at 8:30 is ridiculous I think.

I also do not think giving our honest opinions of the time options is 'complaining' (this references another quote, not the one captioned above). Yes, I am happy to have the perk at all. At the same time, I am frustrated because I do not feel it is structured fairly to all Elite members. Captains Club perks is one reason I choose Celebrity and when they are designed I think they should fairly apply to all Elite members. I know you can't please everyone all the time - no one could. But this perk in my opinion clearly favors early diners and as such I do not like how it is structured.

I think it's fairly simple: the early diners like 4-6, the late diners like 5-7. Nothing anyone says will change that.

I did like the suggestion of splitting it into two groups. Here's my feedback: if it's in Michael's Club, I'm likely to go. If it's in the sky lounge, I'm likely to skip it, no matter the hour. Too many people and too hard to get waited on. Once was enough on my last cruise. YMMV.

Archived