Europe 2012

chessbriar

[quote name='cathy82']we tried to book Eclipse today through Captains Club but they wouldn't let us. I don't understand why only UK Captains Club get early booking chance.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they do not have U.S. pricing worked out as of yet. I know they are marketing these sailings as having some special programs/additions to cater to British passengers, so they are likely giving them first dibs as part of this promotion. It should be available soon enough or U.S. passengers.

[quote name='cathy82']we tried to book Eclipse today through Captains Club but they wouldn't let us. I don't understand why only UK Captains Club get early booking chance.[/QUOTE]

So far it seems they only have UK pricing. Perhaps a tip of the hat from X to UK market, early booking along with some amenities on the cruise. AFAIK those booking in UK have different terms, biggest one being that the deposit is non-refundable.

Still holding out for British Isles, but if the 2012 summer is out I guess Celebrity has passed again. Princess has 2 GREAT trips, and Celebrity has plenty of ships to do it, don't understand why they keep ignoring what the passengers keep asking for:eek::eek::eek: We have cruised Princess, but it has been eons, and I was just hoping that Celebrity would change some of the itinieries, or send the Azamara or Royal ships, DUH!!!

[quote name='caripoo']Still holding out for British Isles, but if the 2012 summer is out I guess Celebrity has passed again. Princess has 2 GREAT trips, and Celebrity has plenty of ships to do it, don't understand why they keep ignoring what the passengers keep asking for:eek::eek::eek: We have cruised Princess, but it has been eons, and I was just hoping that Celebrity would change some of the itinieries, or send the Azamara or Royal ships, DUH!!![/QUOTE]

Azamara sometimes does the Isles.

Here is the May 29, 2012 Azamara Journey British Isles itinerary:
Southampton, England;
St. Peter Port, Channel Isl;
Isles Of Scilly, Uk;
Dublin, Ireland;
Holyhead, Wales;
Isle Of Skye(Portree)Scotlnd;
Kirkwall, Scotland;
Invergordon, Scotland;
Edinburgh (Leith),Scotland;
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Perhaps Celebrity are having a go at P&O, who won't be taking bookings until April 2nd! We have already booked 2 on Eclipse for 2012, Norway and the Canaries/Azores, both of which have ports we have not visited before.

Richard

[quote name='Adammara']Perhaps Celebrity are having a go at P&O, who won't be taking bookings until April 2nd! We have already booked 2 on Eclipse for 2012, Norway and the Canaries/Azores, both of which have ports we have not visited before.

Richard[/quote]
I'm looking at both those itineraries. So frustrated Celebrity hasn't opened bookings to the US market yet...hopefully tomorrow I'll get my chance. :cool:

[quote name='cathy82']we tried to book Eclipse today through Captains Club but they wouldn't let us. I don't understand why only UK Captains Club get early booking chance.[/quote]

Are you sure they are being assigned specific cabins? Maybe they can book a category but will have to wait until the bookings officially open to assign a particular cabin. I wasn't aware of a UK Captain's Club.

Steve

Hi. I sure hope Eclipse keeps the Azores/Canaries cruise. It is the first time that a major American cruise line makes this kind if cruise to the region . Last time Eclipse was here it was a transatlantic, nov/10. Here are some photos and a small video of that call in Ponta Delgada.

[url]https://picasaweb.google.com/bruno.a.rod/CelebrityEclipse20101106#[/url]
[url]https://picasaweb.google.com/bruno.a.rod/CelebrityEclipseInteriores#[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRik0BtlyiY[/url]

I sure hope that they keep these. It would great to see this kind of cruises in the summer, maybe they would add another azorian island to it.

The Azores are such a magical place

Here you have an informal site:

[url]http://www.destinazores.com/en/index.php[/url]

Some amazing pictures here:

[url]http://siaram.azores.gov.pt/_por-ilha.html[/url]

[quote name='I Fly']Are you sure they are being assigned specific cabins? Maybe they can book a category but will have to wait until the bookings officially open to assign a particular cabin. I wasn't aware of a UK Captain's Club.

Steve[/quote]

Steve

we do have a captains club in the UK :-). and we got the opportunity to book Eclipse only yesterday - the eclipse is on general sale today, I believe

I am holidng out for some different Europe trips - fingers crossed

claire

Family wants to do the Med out of Southampton due to easier flights to London from US but departing Venice on the Silhouette is looking mighty good.

Still considering the Eclipse Norway or Azores itineraries....pricing on others may make decision for us.:cool:

[quote name='chessbriar']Sun 22 Apr 2012 Cape Liberty, Bayonne, Nj 05:00 PM
Mon 23 Apr 2012 At Sea
Tue 24 Apr 2012 At Sea
Wed 25 Apr 2012 At Sea
Thu 26 Apr 2012 At Sea
Fri 27 Apr 2012 At Sea
Sat 28 Apr 2012 At Sea
Sun 29 Apr 2012 Lisbon, Portugal 10:00 AM 06:00 PM
Mon 30 Apr 2012 Seville (Cadiz), Spain 09:30 AM 06:00 PM
Tue 01 May 2012 At Sea
Wed 02 May 2012 Barcelona, Spain 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Thu 03 May 2012 Provence (Toulon), France 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Fri 04 May 2012 Florence /pisa (Livorno), Italy 07:00 AM 07:00 PM
Sat 05 May 2012 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 04:30 AM

Wed 30 May 2012 Venice, Italy
Thu 31 May 2012 Venice, Italy 05:00 PM
Fri 01 Jun 2012 Ravenna, Italy 07:00 AM 06:00 PM
Sat 02 Jun 2012 Koper, Slovenia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Sun 03 Jun 2012 Split, Croatia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Mon 04 Jun 2012 Dubrovnik, Croatia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Tue 05 Jun 2012 Kotor, Montenegro 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Wed 06 Jun 2012 Bari, Italy 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Thu 07 Jun 2012 Corfu, Greece 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Fri 08 Jun 2012 At Sea
Sat 09 Jun 2012 Valletta, Malta 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Sun 10 Jun 2012 Sicily (Messina), Italy 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Mon 11 Jun 2012 Naples /capri, Italy 07:00 AM 06:30 PM
Tue 12 Jun 2012 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 04:30 AM

It's all I've found but expect more soon[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the second one listed for anytime in July 2012?

Wed 30 May 2012 Venice, Italy
Thu 31 May 2012 Venice, Italy 05:00 PM
Fri 01 Jun 2012 Ravenna, Italy 07:00 AM 06:00 PM
Sat 02 Jun 2012 Koper, Slovenia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Sun 03 Jun 2012 Split, Croatia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Mon 04 Jun 2012 Dubrovnik, Croatia 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Tue 05 Jun 2012 Kotor, Montenegro 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Wed 06 Jun 2012 Bari, Italy 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Thu 07 Jun 2012 Corfu, Greece 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Fri 08 Jun 2012 At Sea
Sat 09 Jun 2012 Valletta, Malta 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Sun 10 Jun 2012 Sicily (Messina), Italy 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
Mon 11 Jun 2012 Naples /capri, Italy 07:00 AM 06:30 PM
Tue 12 Jun 2012 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 04:30 AM

[quote name='chessbriar']Whose listening?[/quote]
Fortunately for me - I was!

Thank you Rick for your great kindness in providing such accurate advance information each year.

Had it not been for you, I would still be lolling about, awaiting a "week of March 14" opportunity - to begin to check out plans for next year.

Instead, today my agent has just booked me the exact cabin I wanted for the August 4 Eclipse Norwegian Fijords/Iceland cruise.

We shall raise a glass of thanks to you on our over-sized veranda!

Many thanks chessbriar!

Dave

[quote name='celebrity_fan']Hi chessbriar, can you tell us where you have found these itineraries? :D[/quote]

Hi,:) I believe Rick has access to sites that are not for the public.

[quote name='chessbriar']You know me. I like getting this info out there for the X lovers. It's taken a few years, but people have stopped questioning me. You are welcome[/quote]

Thanks for posting! ;)
I look forward to tomorrow, when the itineraries are released! :)

[quote name='kruzgal']Are the itineraries being released tomorrow? Do you know when they will be available to book? Looking at the Silhouette from Venice if the dates fit with our schedule. Thanks.[/quote]

Yes, they are ;)
Look: [URL]http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11022347_CEL_Deployment_General_Flyer.pdf[/URL]

I had my weeks wrong:(. I thought Alaska was coming out tomorrow but
that is not for 2 more weeks:rolleyes:

[CENTER][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Opening Deployment Schedule for 2012/2013[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Week of March 14, 2011[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Bemuda & Canada/New England[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Summer Europe & Transatlantic Cruises[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Week of March 28, 2011[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney]Alaska[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Week of April 11, 2011[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]7-Night Seasonal Caribbean and Short Caribbean[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Week of April 18, 2011[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]Winter Long Caribbean[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Whitney][FONT=Times New Roman]South America & Panama Canal[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

chessbriar - thanks for all the info - I have been checking the website frequently.

does anyone have any insight into what will be aviailable in europe (not eclipse) for september and october - hoping for istanbul or similar

Archived