Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

Like night and day no doubt! Did you manage to have a good time at any rate?

Tom

Yeah, but only because we got drunk one night and overall I really love my wife's company. :) If you're interested I put a link to my review in my signature line. Wouldn't do it again.

Yeah, but only because we got drunk one night and overall I really love my wife's company. :) If you're interested I put a link to my review in my signature line. Wouldn't do it again.

LOL !!

I will give it a read - thanks!

Tom

LOL !!

I will give it a read - thanks!

Tom

I was actually looking for the "bacon police" and they were out in full force. I asked for a second piece of ham and the server seemed a bit surprised. :)

They developed a new tactic as well. Because there's not a lot of room on the buffet line (picture one Epic food station), they put some of the food in BACK of the items in front. It was usually the best stuff! lol. So with the sneeze screen and placement of the food you had to virtually do a one-armed limbo to get at the food, and then pray you didn't drop it, or your plate, in the maneuver. I literally laughed out loud a couple of times.

Edited by sdmike

I was actually looking for the "bacon police" and they were out in full force. I asked for a second piece of ham and the server seemed a bit surprised. :)

They developed a new tactic as well. Because there's not a lot of room on the buffet line (picture one Epic food station), they put some of the food in BACK of the items in front. It was usually the best stuff! lol. So with the sneeze screen and placement of the food you had to virtually do a one-armed limbo to get at the food, and then pray you didn't drop it, or your plate, in the maneuver. I literally laughed out loud a couple of times.

LOL....been there and done that!! :eek: ;)

I am glad that this review surfaced. Thank you for a great read. Full of information, pictures, and a great attitude.

The Epic was not on high our list. We are trying to get through the entire NCL fleet and knew we would get there. I am having second thoughts on where the Epic is on the list and it may be sooner rather than later when we hop on-board.

Thanks again.

1229281575_rAKnY-L.jpg

The Purple slide makes a rogue departure from the other two and travels you behind the funnel, and then drops your fanny in a lower collection area.

1229281524_dYfxt-XL.jpg

1215557527_TnGaG-L.jpg

While we both seemed to have a slippy zippy time on Green . . . Purple offered me one personal challenge. I thought if I lay on my back with my fancy new waterproof camera held upwards, it would create a much more steady video image - - and it did. Unfortunately the collection tube had deep enough water that a lot of it ran up into my sinuses at the conclusion. My video (which I'm certainly not posting :p) captured some interesting audio with all the coughing, spitting and sputtering. Yowza!

So, you might want to sit up a bit on that one. :)

After the first trip, I held my nose as soon as I saw daylight coming up. I had it down to a science. Loved the purple slide.

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Don (and Mike) for the great reviews of their trip on the Epic.

You are very welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed. Mike's review was quite valuable to me as well in planning for my own EPIC experience, and I really appreciated his insight.

Mike: I totally now know what you mean, but I have to admit that (after my rather tough day at the office) at first reading that kinda sounded wrong. Your second/third sentence is about what Tom said, and not about your first sentence. :o :o I definitely need some sleep. :)

I was actually looking for the "bacon police" and they were out in full force.

Rather amazing (and a wee bit pathetic) dontcha think??

Edited by DGP1111

Yep! If you don't want me to drop french fries into the rice, don't put the french fries behind the rice! :)

Yep, I've done the accidental 'mix' as well.

I am glad that this review surfaced. Thank you for a great read. Full of information, pictures, and a great attitude.

I'm glad it was enjoyed, and useful. Enjoy your upcoming cruises. :)

Actually, no, never once.

... We went into Manhattan Room once to check on an Excursion Shopping presentation, but that was it....

Sounds like you didn't see the "Legends Unplugged" show. We have seen the show twice, on two different Epic sailings. I think it is one of the best shows on the ship. The trick is to get a good seat, close to the action. The singers and dancers stole the show. The "Legends" were just the appetizer.

Edited by coffeebean

That first trip on Purple can't certainly be memorable. :D :D

Don,

I have just finished reading 32 pages of this thread. Your review is awesome...the best I have ever read on CC. sdmike is a close second, BTW.

The first trip on purple was so much fun until the getting "dumped" in the trough. Same as you, had water up my nose. Learned the hard way but that never happened to me again. As I said earlier, as soon as I saw daylight, I held my nose and all was good.