Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

A little review before I post an earlier requested link . . .

Aww, heck, why not.

No harm in posting, right??

It's not like I've come across as a sane person anyway, so . . .

Here ya go:

If I eventually figure out a way to edit out the naughty word from the EPIC Plunge experience, I may post that one later as well, but definitely not in its raw form. :o

Don .... you are the best:D Thank you!!!! I swear, I didn't laugh (too hard)

Just so you know, studio cabins are still available on the Dec. 10th sailing!

I started reading your TR an hour or so ago, and I could not stop myself! :D

I love your perspective and sense of humor! Thank you so much for sharing your trip! Also, thanks for sharing the video of the purple slide. I now really want to see the video of the "toilet bowl" slide!

If you have Windows Movie Editor or the like, you can just import the video and it will break it out into an audio and video clip. You can then find the naughty word and cut out the audio. ;) :D

Thanks again for the wonderful review!

Aww, heck, why not.

No harm in posting, right??

It's not like I've come across as a sane person anyway, so . . .

Here ya go:

If I eventually figure out a way to edit out the naughty word from the EPIC Plunge experience, I may post that one later as well, but definitely not in its raw form. :o

LOVE IT!! :D

What breed? He is too cute.

He's a Golden Retriever :D

Here's what Luke looks like with all his hair :)

100_4019.jpg.765c22e538a757b0aa782dff81f66a2b.jpg

Edited by halos

I just found out that *HRCL changed their policy (it seems this was posted on JH's blog and someone mentioned it on my roll call) and the FCC, OBC will now be per cabin...so solo cruisers will get 100% OBC instead of just 50%.

Edited by halos

It took me almost 2 weeks to read this between *ahem* work and... work... (OK so I need a LOT of mental breaks)!

As it's been said several times, your review was AMAZING!!! We booked the Epic last week and I've been enjoying your review just KNOWING we made the right choice. We don't have so many cruises under our belts as you, DH and I, but we're workin' on it!

I have shared your review link w/ my husband and keep pestering him to read it, as well as with my mother who obviously didn't need THAT much convincing because she's booked now as well in a studio 12557 I think.. which may be very near where you were... we're ina family mini-suite since our 2 kids will be with.

Wondering if you, Don, or anyone who's still looking at this board (anyone? Anyone? Hellloooo??) knows about internet service (I saw Tom **hi Tom!** mention it but I guess there was a problem on your sailing?) and laundry service. Nowhere did I see anyone mention laundry service.

We 're-wore' some articles of clothing if they were relatively clean on our last 7-day cruise but for four 4 ppl we will most likely need to have a small load of washing done. Ideally, I won't have to do it myself. This will be MY vacation, too, darn it! : P

So any info anyone can provide will be much appreciated. For the record, we're sailing 11/10/12. Right after you, Don!!:D

Wondering if you, Don, or anyone who's still looking at this board (anyone? Anyone? Hellloooo??) knows about internet service (I saw Tom **hi Tom!** mention it but I guess there was a problem on your sailing?)...

HI! :D

You know, I can't even recall much about the internet on that sailing now (been on two cruises since then :eek:). I know that they offer packages, and I purchased one. I want to say it's about $.40/minute if you purchase something like a 100 minute (or more?) plan.

I will pay extra attention when we get back onboard!

We did not utilize their laundry service - though I know that they did not offer a "self-serve" laundry option.

Tom

(been on two cruises since then :eek:).

Tom

I shall continue to aspire to your cruising greatness ... until then (and a move to Florida avec green card - looking to sponsor anyone perhaps???) I will simply live vicariously through your tales:D

BTW, the music cruise review was great! Sounded like a blast.

Edited by kerrytens

I shall continue to aspire to your cruising greatness ... until then (and a move to Florida avec green card - looking to sponsor anyone perhaps???) I will simply live vicariously through your tales:D

BTW, the music cruise review was great! Sounded like a blast.

LOL - well, you'll notice in our signature that there is not the "normal" 4-5 future cruises listed. I see us going on fewer/year than in the past.

Yes - the VH1 cruise was really special. Between that and the Epic, we have been on some SUPER cruises this year!

Tom

LOL - well, you'll notice in our signature that there is not the "normal" 4-5 future cruises listed. I see us going on fewer/year than in the past.

Yes - the VH1 cruise was really special. Between that and the Epic, we have been on some SUPER cruises this year!

Tom

I will still admire you for the sheer amount of cruises you have been on. I'll never be platinum on any line at the rate I'm going. Heck, my S&S card will never be anything but blue either. I've yet to be on the same line twice as a matter of fact - just having too much fun trying them all out in my fledgling cruise life:D

Now, if I could have only figured out how much I love being on a ship earlier in life ... sigh!

You know, I can't even recall much about the internet on that sailing now (been on two cruises since then :eek:). I know that they offer packages, and I purchased one. I want to say it's about $.40/minute if you purchase something like a 100 minute (or more?) plan.

I will pay extra attention when we get back onboard!

We did not utilize their laundry service - though I know that they did not offer a "self-serve" laundry option.

Tom

Thanks Tom!!! And re: the no-self-service-laundry, all the better reason to not even have to give it a thought! I will keep searching about the internet and laundry service... got plenty of time... !

Thanks Tom!!! And re: the no-self-service-laundry, all the better reason to not even have to give it a thought! I will keep searching about the internet and laundry service... got plenty of time... !

I am sure that somewhere in my Epic reading I did see that they offer a 'special' laundry thing - put all the clothing you can into a bag and the ship will wash and fold it for you for a certain price ($25 comes to mind??).

It was something that I was considering utilizing on my cruise too.

I am sure that somewhere in my Epic reading I did see that they offer a 'special' laundry thing - put all the clothing you can into a bag and the ship will wash and fold it for you for a certain price ($25 comes to mind??).

It was something that I was considering utilizing on my cruise too.

Thanks much, kerrytens! That sounds totally reasonable. : )

Thanks much, kerrytens! That sounds totally reasonable. : )

$25 is correct...Wednesday night is the special, although our room steward was kind enough to take our bag on Tuesday evening and give us Wednesday's prices...

$25 is correct...Wednesday night is the special, although our room steward was kind enough to take our bag on Tuesday evening and give us Wednesday's prices...

Loving all the things I hear about the fantastic crew of this ship -- that sweet tidbit of info included!:D

We just returned from the TA to Barcelona on the Epic ... really enjoyed the ship....so much to see and we were amazed that there was never the need to try and find look for an "empty" lounge chair !

I totally agree....the staff are absolutely great ! Loved the Moderno restaurant...I'm sure we put on a couple of pounds after that meal !!:eek::rolleyes:

WOW! What an amazing review! I REALLY want to sail this ship now! I just forwarded your TR to some friends to try and convince them to join us!:D

On a side note, I believe we have met in the past. We ate breakfast together in the dining room on the Carnival Freedom one December morning. I cannot remember the yr but have you sailed the Freedom in December? The yr may be in my signiture, once I post I will know and come back to edit!:confused:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the awesome review!

Dawn

Edited to add: the sailing was the Carnival Freedom 11-30-2008.

Edited by dizneydawn

The Best review I have read thus far.....

AS I read each segment, I would close my eyes and I was on the Epic.

Awesome Awesome

Don I met you back in 2008 on the Freedom along with DizneyDawn. Great conversation then exciting review now.

Must thanks Tom and Cheryl as well.

Hello Finklefour.. We will be sailing with you again on The Epic in 2012. I met you guys last year on the Legend. Great Mines At Work:D

It took me almost 2 weeks to read this between *ahem* work and... work... (OK so I need a LOT of mental breaks)!

As it's been said several times, your review was AMAZING!!! We booked the Epic last week and I've been enjoying your review just KNOWING we made the right choice. We don't have so many cruises under our belts as you, DH and I, but we're workin' on it!

I have shared your review link w/ my husband and keep pestering him to read it, as well as with my mother who obviously didn't need THAT much convincing because she's booked now as well in a studio 12557 I think.. which may be very near where you were... we're ina family mini-suite since our 2 kids will be with.

Wondering if you, Don, or anyone who's still looking at this board (anyone? Anyone? Hellloooo??) knows about internet service (I saw Tom **hi Tom!** mention it but I guess there was a problem on your sailing?) and laundry service. Nowhere did I see anyone mention laundry service.

We 're-wore' some articles of clothing if they were relatively clean on our last 7-day cruise but for four 4 ppl we will most likely need to have a small load of washing done. Ideally, I won't have to do it myself. This will be MY vacation, too, darn it! : P

So any info anyone can provide will be much appreciated. For the record, we're sailing 11/10/12. Right after you, Don!!:D

Hello Finklefour.. We will be sailing with you again on The Epic in 2012. I met you guys last year on the Legend. Great Mines At Work:D

Fantastic! I knew I recognized your 'name'. Did we meet at the meet-and-greet too? Refresh my memory. That's really great though. Are you on the same sailing as us? 11-10-2012?

Fantastic! I knew I recognized your 'name'. Did we meet at the meet-and-greet too? Refresh my memory. That's really great though. Are you on the same sailing as us? 11-10-2012?

Yes we met at the M&G Yes we will be on the same sailing. I'm putting a group together for this sailing. I guess I need to see if there is a thread started already.