Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

Ok then!! That's 2 "must haves" at Le Bistro....the mushroom soup AND the chocolate napoleon. ;) :D

Yes, yes, yes....the Forest Mushroom soup is a favorite, besides the Chocolate Napoleon. A meal at Le Bistro would not be the same without them.

Don...

The first trip on purple was so much fun until the getting "dumped" in the trough. Same as you, had water up my nose. Learned the hard way but that never happened to me again. As I said earlier, as soon as I saw daylight, I held my nose and all was good.

Poor Don... :D

Yes, yes, yes....the Forest Mushroom soup is a favorite, besides the Chocolate Napoleon. A meal at Le Bistro would not be the same without them.

More than happy to add the dessert to my list....had the soup! Any other "must haves" you would recommend :confused: ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

LOL, mike.

As a side note...hope you are completely healed from you spine surgery.

Thank you! I'm back to normal with just a few remaining restrictions, but I'm feeling great. Thank you for your kind words.

More than happy to add the dessert to my list....had the soup! Any other "must haves" you would recommend :confused: ;)

Another Le Bistro favorite is the Chocolate Fondue. It is great to share. DH and I love to get extra bananas to dip in the decadent chocolate. It's always desert chocolate overload for me when we dine in Le Bistro. But they are oh so good.

Another Le Bistro favorite is the Chocolate Fondue. It is great to share. DH and I love to get extra bananas to dip in the decadent chocolate. It's always desert chocolate overload for me when we dine in Le Bistro. But they are oh so good.

OMG....you're telling me I have to choose between chocolate napoleon AND chocolate fondue :eek:. How in the heck am I supposed to do THAT :confused: :cool: :D

OMG....you're telling me I have to choose between chocolate napoleon AND chocolate fondue :eek:. How in the heck am I supposed to do THAT :confused: :cool: :D

I believe we need photos of these two items to help us decide ... yup, photos people. Anyone?????:confused:

What's to decide? Order BOTH!!!! :D:D

These two deserts are the only reason I go to Le Bistro! I always order both. DH loves the mushroom soup, escargo, mussles(his favorite), lamb or beef...but I could skip everything but the deserts.

Don, thank you for the information about the cabin. I have cabin 12516 on the 4 Feb 2012 cruise. Good to know this stuff before I get to our cabin...

tee-hee...

LaRee

Colin, I'm glad to report that it was a total non-issue. :)

They'd added the hydraulic arm for a much easier close.

The next door on the other side of the upper walkway was also the same, but that main door leading out into the corridor was constantly banging when I was near that area. If I'd been in one of the two Studios between those doors I guarantee you I'd have come out swinging a stick several times during the cruise. It must have been horrible for them. :(

Your answer months ago about the ease of accessing the elevators was spot on. I'm glad I booked the location I did, and would immediately re-book it . . . and just might be doing that again somewhat soon.

Speaking of that one banging door . . . would you agree with me that it was kinda dangerous to have it open out into that corridor, since there was no window, and you could easily smack someone passing by, or waiting to insert their key card??

I was both a smacker and a smackee during the week. :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Best. Thread. Ever.

Don, you've made me so excited for my upcoming trip that I think I might explode right here in my computer chair.

.. a follow-up...

Doing a B2B of sorts I see! Those should be two GREAT cruises! Please do bring the Epic back on time, as we have a date with her upon your return!

:)

Tom

Thank you Don for an amazing review! My husband and I are doing the Epic for our honeymoon/one year anniversary cruise (dam school & work schedules!) next August and I was super looking forward to it and now even more! I'm a first time NCL cruiser and he's a first time cruiser over all!