Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

:D Thank you, Don (and Tom and Cheryl) for your awesometastic review of your Epic time! I'm scheduled for the 12-10 departure and now am very excited! I was considering re-scheduling but after reading this, I'm ready to leave right now!! Thanks again!

:D Thank you, Don (and Tom and Cheryl) for your awesometastic review of your Epic time! I'm scheduled for the 12-10 departure and now am very excited! I was considering re-scheduling but after reading this, I'm ready to leave right now!! Thanks again!

So glad that you are not cancelling Batgirl2 - we have a great group in the roll call, hope to see you at the M&M too (btw, let me know so we can confirm you).

And yes, Don seems to have written the official Epic user's guide:D

I logged on to CC to post some questions about NCL's Epic and stumbled across your review, Don. Thanks for the great review! You answered all of my questions and then some! We're not cruising on the Epic until 11/24/12, but I'm counting the days already. Can't wait, thanks to your excellent review!

Just come across this thread a couple of days ago. Wow, thanks Don for the wonderful review and pictures.(I made it to page 28 before calling it a night.) Now I want to book the EPIC. :D

I hear that there are several cabins left the Saturday following Thanksgiving this year! ;)

Tom

Just come across this thread a couple of days ago. Wow, thanks Don for the wonderful review and pictures.(I made it to page 28 before calling it a night.) Now I want to book the EPIC. :D

Or the Dec 10th sailing ....:D

debnjoe - pay no attention to that man behind the curtain... :D

Tom

I too just ran across this review two days ago. I spent most of Sunday reading it! It was better than any novel. I'm not sure that Don is still reading this thread, but if you are...thanks for the good read. I read that you are sailing the Sun on its first cruise back in the states. I'm sailing on the 29th of Oct. so I'd love to read about any tips you have for this ship. I feel like I could walk right onto the Epic without a map and be right at home.

I know, of course, that you are not male.. but I wanted to keep the original (lifted) quote intact! :D

Tom

LOL! I'll forgive you then.

Your cruise is a matter of weeks away now. Can I convince you to do a review this time perhaps??? I nagged Don enough that he finally caved (thankfully:D)

LOL! I'll forgive you then.

Your cruise is a matter of weeks away now. Can I convince you to do a review this time perhaps??? I nagged Don enough that he finally caved (thankfully:D)

I won't say no --- but it's not likely.

If I feel inspired, perhaps!

I'll certainly comment here and there though!!

Tom

Hi Don

I was checking out CC and found your posts. I have now spent a total of 3 hours scrolling and reading each and every one. YOU ROCK! What a great positive attitude you have. Reading your posts have made me even more excited!! My husband and I have just booked our first ever cruise leaving Miami November 26th aboard the Epic. Any advice you may have would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

Hi Don

I was checking out CC and found your posts. I have now spent a total of 3 hours scrolling and reading each and every one. YOU ROCK! What a great positive attitude you have. Reading your posts have made me even more excited!! My husband and I have just booked our first ever cruise leaving Miami November 26th aboard the Epic. Any advice you may have would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

If that happens to be THIS year, then check out our ROLL CALL for that sailing!!

Tom

Thanks for the excellent, and very thorough, review of the EPIC.

Our future cruise plans are still up in the air... I'm trying to convince my wife to try this ship after the Mighty Ships episode we saw a month or two back. Maybe this review will get her thinking about it. :cool:

Thanks for the excellent, and very thorough, review of the EPIC.

Our future cruise plans are still up in the air... I'm trying to convince my wife to try this ship after the Mighty Ships episode we saw a month or two back. Maybe this review will get her thinking about it. :cool:

I watched that episode, though it was online - where the feed was start/stop... I have not checked recently, but I know initially it was in Canada only for some reason.

HERE is a link, where you'll find the show - in a couple of different formats.

If anyone else has another link - please post it! :)

Tom

I'm not sure if this link is geo-blocked, but here's the link directly to the Discovery Channel viewer: http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/#clip515300

That links leads directly to Part 1 of the EPIC episode. Also, if you can view it online, there are a few other Might Ships episodes about cruise ships... all interesting and informative. Personally I haven't missed a single episode yet... cruise ships or anything else afloat. :)

Edited by RaceAddict

I'm not sure if this link is geo-blocked, but here's the link directly to the Discovery Channel viewer: http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/#clip515300

That links leads directly to Part 1 of the EPIC episode. Also, if you can view it online, there are a few other Might Ships episodes about cruise ships... all interesting and informative. Personally I haven't missed a single episode yet... cruise ships or anything else afloat. :)

Thanks for the link. In the box where the video would be playing I am getting an error message:

Sorry, there was an error

We are experiencing temporary difficulties downloading your lineup. Please wait another few seconds and try again if you're still having problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Perhaps it is a regional issue.

Tom

Thanks for the link. In the box where the video would be playing I am getting an error message:

Sorry, there was an error

We are experiencing temporary difficulties downloading your lineup. Please wait another few seconds and try again if you're still having problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Tom

I think you're probably right, because I'm in Canada and I can see it just fine.:) And, I haven't seen this episode, so I'll have to watch it some time.

Heather

Most likely. I checked quickly while I was eating lunch and watched several clips with no issue. You might have to do some Googling to find out where else it can be viewed online... HD Theatre airs the episodes in the US, but I don't know if they stream online as well.

Or just circumvent the geo-blocking. (You can also Google how to do that.)