Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

You might look into some of the board shorts that are offered. Coolibar has some but they're on the pricey side. Cute alternative, though.

Thank you! I google "board shorts" and these seem like a perfect solution! I haven't seen those in stores, but maybe they aren't in the swimsuit section. Of course, I avoid that section at all costs, so maybe I will find some there if I just look.

Thanks for the helpful tip :)

~ Shari

Thank you! I google "board shorts" and these seem like a perfect solution! I haven't seen those in stores, but maybe they aren't in the swimsuit section. Of course, I avoid that section at all costs, so maybe I will find some there if I just look.

Thanks for the helpful tip :)

~ Shari

Hope you find some. I've only seen them in catalogs. Good luck! :)

I have bought swimming shorts from Sears, Walmart, & LLBean (at the outlet back when it existed in Virginia) I did not want knee length shorts, but I wanted an actual short - not a swim mini or swim boy short. When I found them in the stores, they were in the swimsuit section.

I've become addicted to Athleta suits over the last few years. They are made for active wear (surfing, etc) so they have good coverage, yet are still cute and fun. You can mix and match tops and bottoms to get whatever coverage you need. Bonus for me - they have talls!!!

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=46663

Oh, and this is how I will be found on most cruises.....slowly (well, quickly actually) turning into a lobster with my face covered to protect against wrinkles. lol

[ATTACH]265999[/ATTACH]

I'm totally attached at the hip to Athleta! I love all the permutations of suits they have with all the mix and match options. My current fave is the "Ready to Run" series. I bought a tankini, bra top and bottom in the black print last year. The bra top is really good to wear on those really hot days when working out outside! They are pretty supportive for working out. Then, I bought a solid tankini top in asphalt to go with it. THEN, this year at work, I found another tankini top in the lost & found (things are held in l&f for 90 days then freed up for anyone) that goes with it, too.

I might go for the Zanzibar series this time - matching rash guards, board shorts, and swim tights!!! Good for those cooler days or times that I'm going to be out on the water for a long time - good SPF protection!!!

I've become addicted to Athleta suits over the last few years. They are made for active wear (surfing, etc) so they have good coverage, yet are still cute and fun. You can mix and match tops and bottoms to get whatever coverage you need. Bonus for me - they have talls!!!

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=46663

Oh, and this is how I will be found on most cruises.....slowly (well, quickly actually) turning into a lobster with my face covered to protect against wrinkles. lol

[ATTACH]265999[/ATTACH]

I'm excited that we're getting an Athleta at the local mall sometime this year! I've looked at their catalogs/website before, but I'm hesitant to order clothes online in a brand I've never tried on before. I know I can return, it's just a pain. But now I can try them :)

• 1 month later...

Took these to Vegas with me in March and they were a huge hit so they're coming on my upcoming cruise.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369002726.837196.jpg.8d9c38bb4a41d3b0fc0c6499cdc0094f.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369002753.502909.jpg.57cb348318b9dcb275e3293b20f0985d.jpg

I have 6 more that I'm taking with me, I'll post them in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took these to Vegas with me in March and they were a huge hit so they're coming on my upcoming cruise.

[ATTACH]271861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]271862[/ATTACH]

I have 6 more that I'm taking with me, I'll post them in a bit.

You wear your suits well! With a figure like that I'd stick to bikini's. I'm just saying!;)

You wear your suits well! With a figure like that I'd stick to bikini's. I'm just saying!;)

Lol thank you!

I'm cruising with my parents, aunts, and uncles so I'm sure they'll appreciate me wearing a one piece every now and then. My parents hate my tattoos and piercings lol

Love that purple suit. You are a real fashionista taking 8 bathing suits!

Thank you!

I'm very indecisive so I need choices. Hopefully they'll all be able to fit in my luggage!

Thank you!

I'm very indecisive so I need choices. Hopefully they'll all be able to fit in my luggage!

You're so tiny they would fit in your handbag!

That purple bathing suit you like is certainly on trend. Did you see all of the dresses at the Billboard awards last night that had the cut outs with the mesh?

I don't know if there's a solution for me :( My body is a size 8, BUT....my thighs are just covered with cellulite. UGH! What kind of bathing suit can I wear that will cover my thighs almost to my knees?

I look MUCH better with capris or long pants on. I haven't worn shorts in years, I'm just too embarrassed, so obviously that means I haven't worn a bathing suit in a long time either.

Maybe someone out there knows of a good option that I would feel comfortable in? Oh, how I wish the old fashioned bath suits were in style again, lol.

I am not an 8 but 12 or so but nuscular but I HATE my thighs hips too. So I got 2 swim dresses. One piece bathing suits and have little skirts on top they cover the hips at lease not all the way down the thights but for me that works

Sharon

You're so tiny they would fit in your handbag!

That purple bathing suit you like is certainly on trend. Did you see all of the dresses at the Billboard awards last night that had the cut outs with the mesh?

Lol you sound like my mom. She always says my clothes can fit in my handbag (she calls them baby doll clothes).

& yes I did see them, and I loved most of them! Of course some people went overboard with the mesh and cut outs but hey, if they like it I love it lol.

Archived