Which ship has the best martini bar?

On Celebrity Eclipse last month, watching the bartenders at the ice-frosted Martini Bar was almost (almost but not quite) as much fun as drinking 'em. Check out this video -- which includes a Cruise Critic welcome -- and let us know: which Celebrity ship has the best martini bar?

Video: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2011/04/29/video-juggling-bartender-on-celebrity-eclipse-performs-just-for-you/

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Something was very wrong with the ice bar on Constellation -- it was constantly leaking and the carpet area began to take on a musty odor and had to be replaced. We don't like the seating area -- set up for two people mostly, and our group of 7 couldn't find place to sit together as in the old Martini Bar, so I would have to vote Connie's as my least favorite Martini Bar. Wish they would get rid of Cellar Masters and go back to making that space the Martini Bar.

Something was very wrong with the ice bar on Constellation -- it was constantly leaking and the carpet area began to take on a musty odor and had to be replaced. We don't like the seating area -- set up for two people mostly, and our group of 7 couldn't find place to sit together as in the old Martini Bar, so I would have to vote Connie's as my least favorite Martini Bar. Wish they would get rid of Cellar Masters and go back to making that space the Martini Bar.

I agree. Martini Bar was always packed. Cellar Masters, on the other hand, was always empty. It would make sense to switch locations so that the Martini Bar has seating for 4 or more.

It's interesting to see the comments from other cruisers here.

We've only cruised once, on the Summit a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely loved the atmosphere in the Martini Bar and Charles was the best Martini Bar bartender for me - he made the best martinis and he always had a smile and a laugh with us.

We'll be cruising on the Constellation next year, really looking forward to it but after seeing the plans for the solsticized Summit and the new Martini Bar on the Constellation, were wondering whether they would have the same vibe as the current one on the Summit. It seems probably not. This was always our pre-dinner & post-dinner venue; I hope we find the atmosphere as good next year, but I suspect we will notice quite a difference.

On Celebrity Eclipse last month, watching the bartenders at the ice-frosted Martini Bar was almost (almost but not quite) as much fun as drinking 'em. Check out this video -- which includes a Cruise Critic welcome -- and let us know: which Celebrity ship has the best martini bar?

Video: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2011/04/29/video-juggling-bartender-on-celebrity-eclipse-performs-just-for-you/

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

This one worked - my votes are still the same - Peter, Togi, and Putu.

Whichever ship they are one is the best.

Sorry, Boom Boom on Constellation was the best! He could pour 10 at a time and amazed us every night. I wish someone had a video of him!

As far as Martini Bars, Celebrity took away the best ones when they decided to "solstcize" the M class ships. The Martini Bars, after they finish with the next 3 ships, will be small, cramped and even spreading to Crush doesn't help. As someone said, Cellar Masters was always empty on our cruise and we lamented every time we walked thru about taking away "our" favorite gathering place!

I agree with you 100% !!!

That makes my vote for the S Class ships .

Togi and Peter, agreed. All the S-class plus Solsticized M-class Martini bars are the same; the bartenders make the difference!

Togi has left X though.

I agree. Wherever Togi or Peter are/were tending bar that's the Martini Bar to be at. Ran into Togi on our last three sailings.

As for Togi leaving X .... I don't think so. He just went on vacation & is tending to his restuarant in Kusadasi. DW has constant contacts with him (Facebook) & now his photos are showing him wearing "Bars & Stripes" on his uniform's shoulder (management). Good for him.

X is crazy to let him go IMHO.

Putu and Ocha! Putu is the one in the video.

Constellation: We were on a few weeks ago. My general observation about the martini bar layout on the S class and Connie is that they are better suited for 2 than for a large group now. That is a shame because we've made so many friends over the years socializing in the Martini Bar on the M class.

On the Connie our large group did find a home at Ice - the bar off to the side of the Martini bar. That became our unofficial meeting place and at least at Ice around 10 people can sit around the bar and it is better suited for conversation. Being a tall bar the others can stand around and drink while they socialize.

Cellarmasters was dead on our Connie cruise and the place was used more as a waiting area for select dining than anything else. We had drinks in Cellarmasters one night and ran into several problems that I won't get into here other than to say we too wish they would revert to a martini bar again. Perhaps they should make Cellar Masters the Ensemble Lounge of the M class.

Fond memories of Suki at the Martini Bar on Constellation back in the early 2000's. He is long since gone from X and has returned to his native Bali.

Fond memories of the "old" Martini Bar on Constellation. It was the place to congregate before dinner each evening.

Joe

Fond memories of Suki at the Martini Bar on Constellation back in the early 2000's. He is long since gone from X and has returned to his native Bali.

Fond memories of the "old" Martini Bar on Constellation. It was the place to congregate before dinner each evening.

Joe

Hi Joe, I think you mean Sudi?:D Yes, I remember him fondly. Everyone

on here always posted about him and I finally got to sail with him in

2004. He was "The Man" for sure:)

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Hi Carolyn:) thanks for the video! I will give you the old standy

answer...whatever ship I happen to be on;):D

As for Togi leaving X .... I don't think so. He just went on vacation & is tending to his restuarant in Kusadasi. DW has constant contacts with him (Facebook) & now his photos are showing him wearing "Bars & Stripes" on his uniform's shoulder (management). Good for him.

Ah that's good news! I though he left X to run his restaurant. My bad!

Larry on the COnstellation was brilliant,

he poured 36 Martinis (all different ) at one go,

what a character. His performance at the staff show was also

worth seeing.

I think he has a video but I cannot find the link but here are a couple of pics

1346352277_SouthernCarribOnConnieFeb2011(138).jpg.901d96ecc98f16d59acaee114e17c9ba.jpg

857672075_SouthernCarribOnConnieFeb2011(143).jpg.c7f758e5b9c148d2dd582ce0d704d708.jpg

Eddie on Equinox last March was in one word amazing!

he poured 36 martinis in a double row, ans was a constant entertainer.

Also, Sudi's nephew was working in the Martini bar.

Sudi himself now has a crew agency and does trainings for the guys. Apparantly, he grew quite fat and rich;):D (according to Eddie)

Hi Joe, I think you mean Sudi?:D Yes, I remember him fondly. Everyone

on here always posted about him and I finally got to sail with him in

2004. He was "The Man" for sure:)

Hi Lois -

Yes - indeed - Sudi is correct!

Joe

Larry on the COnstellation was brilliant,

he poured 36 Martinis (all different ) at one go,

what a character. His performance at the staff show was also

worth seeing.

I think he has a video but I cannot find the link but here are a couple of pics

[ATTACH]193798[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]193799[/ATTACH]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GAAAAAADDDDDDDDDS !!!!!! 36 ! :eek::eek::eek:

During all the 100's of hours spent at these Martini Bars that blows away the largest number I've ever witnessed being poured. Amazing

We've been on Century, Summit and Solstice. And while the Ice Bar on Solstice was interesting, we thought that the Martini Bars on Solstice and on Summit were too open. More like "walk though" areas which were simply places to stop before dinner which too much traffice. We adored the Martini Bar on Century and could spend hours there. The tables and chairs were very cozy and the changing colors were beautiful. The bar itself was set off from the walking traffic to the dining room. Century has my vote.

Archived