Bistro on 5

shofer

I am looking at Solstice or Eclipse for a winter, 2012 cruise with a friend who has never cruised before w/o our hubbies. I have 6 Celebrity cruises under my belt but none on the new ships.

The question I have about Bistro on 5 is this: Is it a flat fee of $5 for whatever you get or is each item $5? Talking about cruising w/my friend with what is included, etc and I did not have an answer to this. I know Murano is extra, what about Silk Harvest? And how much?

She is really excited about going (as am I) but wants to have an idea about extra costs.

Thanks.

Sue

It is $5 per visit and you can order as much as you want.

We were on the Solstice on the last cruise before it headed to the Med and Bistro was one of our favorite places to eat on the ship.

The Mediterranean crepe is really good, the Buffalo crepe is also good if you like Blu cheese and the Italian desert crepe is amazing.

The atmosphere is also very nice.

I am looking at Solstice or Eclipse for a winter, 2012 cruise with a friend who has never cruised before w/o our hubbies. I have 6 Celebrity cruises under my belt but none on the new ships.

The question I have about Bistro on 5 is this: Is it a flat fee of $5 for whatever you get or is each item $5? Talking about cruising w/my friend with what is included, etc and I did not have an answer to this. I know Murano is extra, what about Silk Harvest? And how much?

She is really excited about going (as am I) but wants to have an idea about extra costs.

Thanks.

Sue

I always suggest going to Bistro on 5 upon embarkation rather than battling the crowds at the buffet. I can almost guarantee you that it won't be very busy and it is a very nice, quiet way to get settled and enjoy good, cooked to order food.

I totally agree and should have added this to my original comment.

On the suggestions of many CC posters, we went to Bistro once we got on the ship (11:45). There were a total of six people there when we arrived.

It was a great start to a very nice cruise.

I always suggest going to Bistro on 5 upon embarkation rather than battling the crowds at the buffet. I can almost guarantee you that it won't be very busy and it is a very nice, quiet way to get settled and enjoy good, cooked to order food.

Here are the prices for restaurants on the Eclipse:

Bistro on 5: $5 Cover Charge

Tuscan Grille: $30 Cover Charge

Murano: $35 Cover Charge

Qsine: $35 Cover Charge

Gelato Shop: A La Carte Pricing (there is free ice cream, sorbet and sherbet in the buffet).

Cafe al Bacio: Free food, but al la carte pricing for the beverages.

Blu: Only available to Aqua Class guests (no charge) and Suite guests ($5 if space is available for dinner, no charge for breakfast).

The other restaurants are free (Aqua Spa Cafe, Main Dining Room, Buffet and Grill in deck above pool; room service is free as well). There is no Silk Harvest on Eclipse.

The hubby and I cruised on the Solstice last December and never ate at any specialty dining venue except Bistro on 5. We did lunch here most days and even dinner once. It was never crowded; the food was always great. We have been trying to recreate the carrot soup at home ever since!

I could not agree with you more! This is a fabulous way to get settled in on embarkation day. We loved it, just recently on the Constellation!

Each person in your party can get all they want to eat (crepes, soup, salad, sandwiches, etc) for a flat fee of $5.00 each.

We just got off Solstice this past Sunday. Wish we could have been stowaways to Europe.

Murano was our favorite.

Tuscan Grille has large portions and totally yummy.

Silk Harvest - I would have ordered differently if I went there again - it's broken into small plates, large plates and sushi - and you can order as much as you like. I would have had more small plates (traditional appetizers) and more sushi - the shrimp tempura sushi was delish!

And if you go on formal nights - none of these restaurants require formal wear! Murano warrants it - but you don't have to.

Celebrity offers a discount if you choose all three! About time!

Enjoy your cruise!

My wife and I did not enjoy bistro on five at all, we must have been the only ones. My only advise on this subject, is be aware that one entre is huge. We wanted to try a few different ones and ended up with way too much food. We felt like real piggy pants. Kinda like one of those people he makes fun of in cruise confidential.

My wife and I did not enjoy bistro on five at all, we must have been the only ones. My only advise on this subject, is be aware that one entre is huge. We wanted to try a few different ones and ended up with way too much food. We felt like real piggy pants. Kinda like one of those people he makes fun of in cruise confidential.

I thought I was the only one who didn't care for the Bistro. I would opt for the Aqua Spa Cafe on initial embarkation. Get some fresh grilled tuna or salmon.

I thought I was the only one who didn't care for the Bistro. I would opt for the Aqua Spa Cafe on initial embarkation. Get some fresh grilled tuna or salmon.

Couldn't agree more! We didn't care for Bistro either. Portions WAY too big and we felt they were overly salty on Equinox. We LOVED the Aqua Spa salmon!!!! We are not big people nor big eaters, so the portions just didn't do it for us. We ate in the spa as much as possible for lunch! We were in AQ so Blu was amazing for us. I will say....loved the salad bar in the buffet as well. Also loved Murano, Tuscan & especially Silk as the chef came out, asked us what we liked & then proceeded to make little tasting plates for us of almost everything from sashimi, sushi to main courses!!!

Thanks all for the advice. Which ship has Silk Harvest? How much does it cost to eat there? We are deciding between leaving from Ft Lauderdale or Miami. the ship doesn't really matter as long as it's Celebrity Solstice Class.

Since my friend had never been on a cruise before I want to make her first experience the best. Celebrity was our first cruise and we keep coming back to it.

Silk Harvest is $25 now. Loved it and will miss it on Eclipse but will somehow survive.

One of the big positives of the Bistro (if you like the food!) is being open for about 20hrs - 6am to 2am the next day, and open in port. Great place to stop and eat light if you feel the MDR would be too much, and if you are like me and Buffets are just Very Dangerous - that doesn't stop me though!

We loved the atmosphere, the service and think there is enough variety (crepes, salads, pannins and deserts, plus wine and beers). Heck, the Cafe Bacio is right across the deck and they would bring you specialty coffees.

Den

Loved the Bistro--such a nice spot--towards the end of the cruise the crowds build! Very good value...

Silk Harvest is a favorite--go with a few people so you can share but it also works for two..

Salmon at Aqua spa (no upcharge) was the best on board!

Afternoons at Cafe Bacio are nice for tea, coffee or IGLUs..quieter than the pool area which has become very loud in the afternoon!!. Nice guitar player there...

we were assigned to BLU so we skipped Tuscan this time around--it is fun--once or twice-- I like it better during the daytime for the EliteTea when the light makes the color & glass in the room sparkle!

Silk Harvest is $25 now. Loved it and will miss it on Eclipse but will somehow survive.

One of the big positives of the Bistro (if you like the food!) is being open for about 20hrs - 6am to 2am the next day, and open in port. Great place to stop and eat light if you feel the MDR would be too much, and if you are like me and Buffets are just Very Dangerous - that doesn't stop me though!

We loved the atmosphere, the service and think there is enough variety (crepes, salads, pannins and deserts, plus wine and beers). Heck, the Cafe Bacio is right across the deck and they would bring you specialty coffees.

Den

6am? Bistro didn't open until 10 or 11 on my Equinox sailing. It also didn't open until 2pm on embarkation day for us. DW and I had to eat at the MastGrill instead.

I preferred Bistro to Silk Harvest. Celebrity really needs to learn how to do (East and South) Asian food. They don't do it well in SH, the MDR or the Oceanview buffet.

I guess we have "Threes Company" here - I wasn't impressed with crepes there as well. And I LOVE crepes! The crepes were blah... The filling was either salty or blah again... I expected more - and not just for $5.

Which ships have the Aqua Spa Cafe? Is it open to everyone or just Aqua class? It sounds like it might be a good option for embarcation day.

I know both the M-Class and S-Class have Aqua Spa Cafes. Yes, it is open during embarkation.

Archived