LIVE from the GRAND PRINCESS - FLL to Southampton 5/5/11

Pia1913

Hi Pia,

just got back 2 days ago from our "Star" TA to Rome. We had lovely weather and smooth sailing. Our captain announced that the Grand and also Emerald had a somewhat rougher sailing. BTW, we still had the Power Hour starting at 8 pm with $3.99 drinks. And the Platinum/Elite lounge was from 5 - 7 with a $3.99 special. We had a card in our room listing the daily specials.

So the Elevators have not changed. When we cruised the Grand last Oct we also were stuck and had to call for help. It quickly arrived ! When we pushed the button for 14 going up we would end up on deck 6 or 8. Going down to 9 from the Horizon we would usually end up on 7. We only had problems with the aft elevators. We chuckle about it now. Quite an adventure. :)

I second the thanks. Pia, you write so well it felt like you were taking us along with you. We're holed up in a Heathrow hotel, ready to embark on Grand Princess tomorrow, and I'm feeling the sadness for you that comes at cruise's end. I'm also excited about seeing the ship that you've painted a picture of -- and also know, alas, that a week from today, some other lucky buggers waiting to board the ship will be feeling -- sad for us, having to debark. And excited for themselves, on the brink of a grand adventure.

Anyway, long way round of saying thanks....

Carolyn

Pia: As your journey draws to an end, we wish to thank you for providing us this wonderful glimpse into the new Grand Princess. We are sailing on her July 16. We are sure you have broken her in nicely for us.

I have followed all your posts. You have answered all my questions without us having to ask a single one. Best wishes to you and your family with fair winds and safe journeys onward. (Emile)

Hi, Dorset Cruiser. We (my husband and I) a few weeks ago spent a few fantastic days on holiday in Dorset (stayed in Evershot, and visited Weymouth as well). Weather was variable but scenery and hospitality superb.

Carolyn

We are on the West Dorset coast in Weymouth, just along from Cornwall and Devon and our weather today is perfect - blue skies, warm and sunny - don't know how long it will last but certainly hope you are getting it too in Falmouth. I think that is where we went to a rather good maritime museum and, as you say, the pasties are verrrrry good:D

Hi Pia - CONGRATS! on the trivia win. Princess pens should be a handy thing to bring home for you....nice it is something you can actually use.

I will be shopping for a Wedding souvenir also - hope to capture it when we hit London in Aug....I presume they will still be around then....

Have a safe trip home - thanks VERY much for all your daily briefs....

Until next time...

Dolores

Good Saturday morning and we’re in Southampton with a whole lot of unhappy passengers who wanted to print their boarding passes.

AFAIK, you can’t print passes for international flights, but that doesn’t matter since there was no printer available anyway. Seems the printer in the internet café is not working and hasn’t been since……..??? I never needed it, so I don’t have a clue if it was ever in operation. Our scheduled time for disembarking is 9:15; our National Coach transport into London is not until 11:15, and we got an extra hour of sleep last night. This makes us very relaxed and happy. We will be staying in the Victoria area of London and have tickets to see Billy Elliot tonight and Wicked on Monday night.

Martyn announced last night that there are 200 pax staying on and 1200 getting on here. That’s far from a full ship, which will make getting a seat for the shows much easier. And to those who asked, our next one is on the Ocean in October; Rome to Singapore and then followed by the Pacific 3 days later from Athens to FLL.

And last, but not least, the toilets went out some time during the night. Still not working. Ugh! I need coffee!

Bye all. :D

I Just can't keep my fingers off this keyboard even if it means typing with one hand. We are currently on a bus heading into London and I saw a sign that said free wifi, Certainly works better here than on the ship. Pretty hard to hold the computer in one hand and one finger type with the other. Lots of smiles around me;must think I'm loco. Bye again.

BTW.........toilets got fixed.

Archived