uh oh...Jewel of the Seas?

So we (the royal we - hubby, me, and my 4yo daughter) are taking my in-laws on a 5-nt cruise on Jewel of the Seas this December.

Silly me booked the cruise and rooms before checking out reviews of Jewel...as it's a larger class of ship, I just assumed that it would be ok.

Looks like all the recent (or more recent) reviews are rather questionnable and...well...stinky.

Tell me I didn't make a huge mistake - I love RCCL, is it really as bad as they say??

So we (the royal we - hubby, me, and my 4yo daughter) are taking my in-laws on a 5-nt cruise on Jewel of the Seas this December.

Silly me booked the cruise and rooms before checking out reviews of Jewel...as it's a larger class of ship, I just assumed that it would be ok.

Looks like all the recent (or more recent) reviews are rather questionnable and...well...stinky.

Tell me I didn't make a huge mistake - I love RCCL, is it really as bad as they say??

Jewel of the Seas is one of our favorite ships. I have no idea what you have been reading but we have booked her again for a B2B out of Tampa in November after being on board this past January and the January before. You will enjoy this fabulous ship!!!!!!!

Are you asking about Jewel or Radiance? You say Jewel in your post but you have Radiance in your signature. If you are actually asking about Radiance, yes, it has been having many issues. Radiance is going in for a long drydock at the end of May into June so only time will tell if all the problems are fixed.

Not sure what reviews you have read.:confused: Jewel of the Seas is among the favorite RCI ships of many cruisers and when we sailed on her in February, she was in excellent condition. Cruises on Jewel sell out quickly as evidenced by next year's (2012 westbound TA and both the 2011 and 2012 repositioning cruises, and both cruises carry a very large percentage of repeat Jewel cruisers - a testimony to the popularity of this ship. Delve a bit more deeply into posts about Jewel of the Seas and check out the Meet & Mingle threads and you should get a much different impression of this wonderful ship with a great crew.

Another count for Jewel fans!

Loved being on the ship for 11 days straight. DH and I didn't want to get off. Everyone onboard was amazing. Sure this was a year and a half ago, but I'd be devastated to know that everything went downhill since then.

Don't worry. It hasn't:)

We did the 11-day itinerary in December (second time on the Jewel). It was great; the food was very good.

If you look at the review section of this site, over half of the last page of reviews rated it 5 or 5+ (the highest).

You didn't make a mistake.

If you're interested in reading up on Jewel of the Seas, check out bionicman97's rather long review of his recent 10-day cruise on Jewel. Though the port information won't be relevant, he's included good information and great photos of the ship itself. I've been following it as I hope to go on a 5-night Western Caribbean cruise next April and am interested in learning more about the ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1403828

I think that by now it should be obvious that the OP was either mistaken about the ship he is sailing on, or is looking at reviews from an alternate universe as all of the comments from a variety of cruisers refute any possibility that the Jewel isn't the ship that we all know and love. Three of our next four cruises are on Jewel of the Seas and we look forward to each one. Just wish the OP would return to explain her comments or acknowledge her error.:)

OK, thank goodness!!

As for what reviews I had been reading - I just googled "review jewel of the seas" and came up with a few different sites (incl cruisecritic) and had read very mixed reviews. I'm glad to know that I was very obviously wrong!

Thank you so much for putting me at ease!! :)

Hey there we have also three cruises booked on the Jewel - its the nicest of the Radiance class - and look forward to the ship as well, the service, staff, etc are excellent

We are so glad she is coming back to Tampa and we are bringing her home - lol in November (12)

No worries:)

OK, thank goodness!!

As for what reviews I had been reading - I just googled "review jewel of the seas" and came up with a few different sites (incl cruisecritic) and had read very mixed reviews. I'm glad to know that I was very obviously wrong!

Thank you so much for putting me at ease!! :)

When in Dec. are you sailing the Jewel? We will be on the Dec 5th sailing...also you might want to upgrade your signature as it was confusing some of us since you have Radiance listed...instead of Jewel..

Archived