Best thing ever eaten on a cruise

CruiseGal97

Totally agree - what an incredible surprise that dessert was:D

Bitter N Blanc- I read about this beofre the cruise and didn't care to try it. I didn't think I would like it that much. My boyfriend ordered it though when we were on Victory last week and it was my FAVORITE thing all week!! Sooo good!! Wish we woulda ordered two!!

I find this soup is hit or miss, not that great on the last cruise I was on and then Dream it was awesome again. Same with the tiramisu and creme brulee not so good on other ships, awesome on the dream.

The sweet and sour shrimp has been conistantly good. (the ones that are sticks) and I tried the award winning fish on the Dream can't remember the name but I was the only one to try it and it really was fantastic. (it was the only fish that stated award winning on the menu) the rest of the table were jealous of my fish.

Basa Filet:), it is good and good for you too!

The Mongolian Steak salad and the Caribbean Pepper Pot soup in the dining room for lunch is great.

I like the white mac n cheese, bitter n blanc, smoked chicken quesadillas, stuffed mushrooms and the Warm spinach blue cheese salad is good too!

I just love Carnival's food!

November can't come fast enough!!:D

Toni

I miss the starter Carnival used to serve the first night. It was chicken on a stick with peanut sauce. I wonder why they stopped serving this. I also miss the remoulade sauce they used to serve with their shrimp cocktail.

Bitter N Blanc- I read about this beofre the cruise and didn't care to try it. I didn't think I would like it that much. My boyfriend ordered it though when we were on Victory last week and it was my FAVORITE thing all week!! Sooo good!! Wish we woulda ordered two!!

I had the exact same thought before my cruise too. If it weren't for someone else ordering me one, I never would have tasted it. It was so good.

I must add that after reading a few more posts, I also forgot about the mac n' cheese. I can't believe I take a cruise and could have roast beef, lamb ++++ but my two faves end up being such simple things:D

Should I mention that my fave Princess meal was a ravioli starter in one of their pay restaurants? LOL

Sensation.... My favs were the Deli Rueben, The Braised Short Ribs and Lasagna (not sure if it was Carb or Bolog) but it had spinach and it was geeeee-oooooood. I also think I liked the Smoked Duck app.... hummm.

Oh btw... did you see my countdown...? (hee hee)

Our last cruise on Pride in February- first night I tried chicken tenders with honey mustard

Best chicken tenders I ever tasted-- and they make the honey mustard

yummmm

my family thinks I am ridiculous for thinking I could have such good chicken fingers, lol. the honey mustard definitely made them even better.

My favorite thing is the lobster bisque, hands down.

Aboard NCL Spirit in 2004. Not too salty, not nouveau, just very good made from scratch tomato soup. Paired with some Parmesan and garlic croutons, it was one of the best soups I have ever had.

Honorable mention goes to the tomato cheese polenta aboard Dawn Princess.

• 4 weeks later...

The NY Strip in the specialty restaurant on the Legend. Truly the best steak I've ever eaten! Can't wait to order it again in 14 days!

Fave dessert is bitter and blanc. Missed it on the last cruise--saddest thing ever!

The warm fig cake was something I would never have thought to order but OMG it was fantastic.

Also, when in San Juan, we went to the El Convento hotel for a tapas lunch. No joke, the garlic shrimp were the size of the MDR lobster tails. AMAZING.

Me too! I always recommend the warm fig cake to my tablemates - they usually look at me kinda funny - but of course THANKS ME profusely once they have done eating - one of those things that sounds weird but is super yummy! :D

Best thing on board was either the warm turkey sandwich on country roll (ask for it grilled), the fillet mingnon, .... or the ice cream. Probably wouldn't have had so much soft serve if I'd had a good meal. I'm sad to admit, I wasn't at all impressed with the food on Carnival Spirit last week.

When we ordered the melting cake, it was barely cooked. One night we ordered it "Well done" and it was cooked through, way better than the first time. Maybe we should have tried a 3rd time and ordered it medium well.

I like the strawberry bisque, bing cherry soup, fire and ice soup, mac n cheese, filet mignon, warm choc melting cake (when its not to soupy), homemade chips and cheese, diet banana cake, and the list goes on.....:p

Any of the cold soups. Yum! Chocolate melting cake with 2 scoops of ice cream. I have never tried the bitter 'n blanc but I will on my next cruise. Which I will be leaving for in a few hours. :D Also, the French Onion Soup and the prime rib.

Gotta go, I have a cruise ship to catch.

Archived