Best thing ever eaten on a cruise

CruiseGal97

My all time fav ( and what i always look for ) is the french onion soup and dinner rolls. I could make a meal on jsut that!

baf

Same here .. I also loved the coleslaw on the Lido deck..would also order it for room service late at night.. yummy !

I went to the Steak House on the Glory May 1st 2011 and had the escargot. They served it in some sort of bread which was OK but they had a bowl and one piece of escargot in the center. They then poured the best escargot soup over top and it was pure delight. My goodness I could have eaten bowls of that for my dinner. Bitter and Blanc is another favorite:)

On the Ecstasy:

Pumpkin soup, OMG I coulda ate that every meal forever! It was sooo GOOD!

And as silly as this is.... a turkey wrap from the deli with ranch dressing.... the PERFECT midnight snack, I ate SEVERAL of those, and told DH that is my first meal as soon as we board the sip in a couple weeks. MMMM GOOD!! I have not found one as good or been able to recreate it, just darn yummy!

Another poster said the Carnival pumpkin soup was not as good as it used to be. I noticed this also on my Jan. 2010 Ecstasy cruise. I have always loved this soup before and usually get two bowls, but it was just not the same last time. I hope Carnival has not permanently changed (and ruined) this soup.

The great thing about a cruise is that if you don't like something, you can order something else. And if you do like something, you can order seconds. :D

Another poster said the Carnival pumpkin soup was not as good as it used to be. I noticed this also on my Jan. 2010 Ecstasy cruise. I have always loved this soup before and usually get two bowls, but it was just not the same last time. I hope Carnival has not permanently changed (and ruined) this soup.

The great thing about a cruise is that if you don't like something, you can order something else. And if you do like something, you can order seconds. :D

I find this soup is hit or miss, not that great on the last cruise I was on and then Dream it was awesome again. Same with the tiramisu and creme brulee not so good on other ships, awesome on the dream.

The sweet and sour shrimp has been conistantly good. (the ones that are sticks) and I tried the award winning fish on the Dream can't remember the name but I was the only one to try it and it really was fantastic. (it was the only fish that stated award winning on the menu) the rest of the table were jealous of my fish.

Archived